Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Oct 11, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #811 of 888
Something doesn't seem right at Gearbest at the moment went to order some earphones and all the shipping options to the UK have changed, it's like they're trying to save money. Add this to the fakegate stuff and I'll shop elsewhere from now on.

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #812 of 888
George is winrar

Thank you for your concern.
We promise we give refund or replacement to our customers.
We return the problem batch back to the supplier.
We have more strict QC procedure to the item.
If you find your replacement is fake again, then we promise you, we replace the item to you till you say, oh, it is real.
Yeah, we have the confidence to give you quality promise.
Hope the public can trust Gearbest, if anything you think is not good result form the service center, give me PM.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #814 of 888
I bet it was Jackie Chan and his rascal buddies up to no good. But if movies are half truths, didn't the goodfellas show americans in newark airport can do mischief likewise.

I almost got the pro hd from gearbest at $13.99 on flash, but I kept thinking I already have pistion 2 and 3, how could this improve upon that.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #815 of 888
With the fakes also showing on recent Banggood orders is there a decent option for direct from China ordering? I don't mind going through Amazon and paying a bit more for someone else to have taken the time and effort to bring them to the USA but I'm not really willing to pay $50+ for an item that was selling for under $30 if I was willing to wait while it took the slow boat here.

Oct 11, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #816 of 888
With the fakes also showing on recent Banggood orders is there a decent option for direct from China ordering? I don't mind going through Amazon and paying a bit more for someone else to have taken the time and effort to bring them to the USA but I'm not really willing to pay $50+ for an item that was selling for under $30 if I was willing to wait while it took the slow boat here.

Honestly, the Xiaomi Pro HD really isn't all that great anyways. I wouldn't pay $30 for it, and it would be ludicrous to pay $50 for it. A genuine Pro HD isn't worth any more than $15-$20 max. There are way better options for >$20 that blow the Pro HD away (and you don't have to worry about whether you're getting a genuine or fake).

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #817 of 888
Honestly, the Xiaomi Pro HD really isn't all that great anyways. I wouldn't pay $30 for it, and it would be ludicrous to pay $50 for it. A genuine Pro HD isn't worth any more than $15-$20 max. There are way better options for >$20 that blow the Pro HD away (and you don't have to worry about whether you're getting a genuine or fake).

Perhaps I should have phrased it as $20 + shipping instead of saying simply under $30. Kind of doesn't matter because my point was that I wasn't about to pay a $20 or more premium to an Amazon seller.

Now the more important question for me. Where do I find info on these "better options for >$20" choices? I searched using a few different phrases and the best I could find was a closed thousands of items threads and its newer hundreds long thread that requires wading through amplifier, DAC and other items in these 2 general cheap from China threads. Or should I be looking off-site?

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #818 of 888
Perhaps I should have phrased it as $20 + shipping instead of saying simply under $30. Kind of doesn't matter because my point was that I wasn't about to pay a $20 or more premium to an Amazon seller.

Now the more important question for me. Where do I find info on these "better options for >$20" choices? I searched using a few different phrases and the best I could find was a closed thousands of items threads and its newer hundreds long thread that requires wading through amplifier, DAC and other items in these 2 general cheap from China threads. Or should I be looking off-site?

This is really all you need:

Oct 14, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #819 of 888
[/IMG]

First impression: Although I am not a big fan of any sort of Chinese brand like Xiaomi, I cannot deny the merit of these inexpensive IEMs in terms of sound quality. As you can see, I am insanely comparing it with my ASG 2.5 which cost somewhat 20X of the Xiaomi. IMHO, I'd say the 5th gen can roughly achieve 70% of what my ASG 2.5 does. That's how fast and crazily our technologies advance nowadays.

Build & fitting: comparing side by side, I find the canals of the 5th are slightly thicker than it's predecessor, and the same applies to the housing as well. Personally, I prefer the clothed cable from the 4th. Nonetheless, both 4th & 5th are well built. In terms of fitting, I find the 5th gen doesn't fit my ears as good as the 4th which might be due to the subtle angle of the housing in addition to it's angled canals. Consequently I need to use different tips on the 5th in order to get a proper fit.

Sound quality: as mentioned earlier, the 5th sounds amazingly right out of the box, to the point I was comparing it with much higer tier cans. People have widely mentioned the enhanced calrity on the 5th over the 4th, to my ears; however, that's not 100% the case. The 4th sounds fuller and warmer to me while the 5th seems to be a bit thin and quiet. That said, the 5th does not lack any bass, in fact it is more controlled I think. By far, I haven't encounter any harshness nor distortion on the treble spectrum like other members mentioned, even when I drove the 5th with high gain on DX100 (at volume 182). All in all, the 5th is very musical with faster pace than the 4th. Still, I would say the 5th cannot completely replace the 4th due to it's slightly cold sounding.

Wish everyone enjoy their music :wink:
I have 4th gen. But the treble is kinda hissing and a little less on subass. Do you have same hissing prob ? Does it settle after some burn in or something? I just got it couple of days back.

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #820 of 888
Just a data point in the whole 'fake from Gearbest' saga. I contacted Gearbest early when this problem was just starting and was offered replacement or refund as GB Wallet cash. I chose the refund because I could buy a replacement for a few bucks less even after shipping than I originally paid. I didn't even think about the unfolding situation with more people reporting fakes and that I might be ordering another fake. I just received the replacements today. I haven't listened yet but these have the nicer rubber insert in the package, ports in the proper place and a QR code on a tag at the jack end of the cable so definitely genuine. Just wanted to report since it won't be until late tonight or tomorrow until I can actually listen to them.

But it does appear that genuine ones are being shipped from Gearbest as of my September 27th, shipped on September 30th order. I'm a bit disappointed that there has been no word from Gearbest about the problem.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #821 of 888
Just a data point in the whole 'fake from Gearbest' saga. I contacted Gearbest early when this problem was just starting and was offered replacement or refund as GB Wallet cash. I chose the refund because I could buy a replacement for a few bucks less even after shipping than I originally paid. I didn't even think about the unfolding situation with more people reporting fakes and that I might be ordering another fake. I just received the replacements today. I haven't listened yet but these have the nicer rubber insert in the package, ports in the proper place and a QR code on a tag at the jack end of the cable so definitely genuine. Just wanted to report since it won't be until late tonight or tomorrow until I can actually listen to them.

But it does appear that genuine ones are being shipped from Gearbest as of my September 27th, shipped on September 30th order. I'm a bit disappointed that there has been no word from Gearbest about the problem.
How long the replacement process?
Do you sent back your IEM to gearbest or no?

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #822 of 888
How long the replacement process?
Do you sent back your IEM to gearbest or no?
I'd guess it took about 36 hours from when I first contacted them saying that I'd gotten a fake until the customer service person approved my choice of a refund. Then about another day until the funds actually showed up in my wallet.

They did not require me to return the item. And unlike another return of a computer product did not require me to make a video of the item not working. (Just how does one make a video showing something not working anyway?) So unlike that time this time the process was quick and painless especially considering the time zone differences involved.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #823 of 888
I'd guess it took about 36 hours from when I first contacted them saying that I'd gotten a fake until the customer service person approved my choice of a refund. Then about another day until the funds actually showed up in my wallet.

They did not require me to return the item. And unlike another return of a computer product did not require me to make a video of the item not working. (Just how does one make a video showing something not working anyway?) So unlike that time this time the process was quick and painless especially considering the time zone differences involved.
Good to hear that, thanks for response

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #824 of 888
I completely missed George-gearbest comment since it got posted on his gearbest sales thread. At least they're acknowledging that they got an entire lot of fakes and will refund if you ask. I know it was the simplest return I've done with gearbest. The replacement I purchased is the real thing.

I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't retroactively reaching out to all customers who purchased a fake and replacing it without the customer having to complain. But I guess that might be a bit of an ask for a company that's designed to make small profits per transaction and need lots of transactions to make money.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #825 of 888
Hi guys, i receive my xiaomi hybrid pro from gearbest today.
The first thing i ear is the volume on the right is low compared to the left (sound like the singer is left-back of my head).
I try to search online and i found only 1 guy who have this problem like me so i think this is a factory problem (?).
I've just sent an exchange request just to be stay "safe".

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back