Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Oct 3, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #796 of 888
Are the QR-codes really a good way to know if we got genuine headphones? Wouldn't that be easy to forge?

Yeah, that would be ridiculously easy to forge. Counterfeit Sennheiser Momentums come with legit (and matching) serial numbers, both on the outer retail box and under the right earpad (just like the genuine article).

Anyone with a digital camera and printer can replicate one of those QR tags.

Heck, they make counterfeit hologram labels on products - you know, the hologram labels that are supposed to be for anti-counterfeiting?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #797 of 888
Yeah, that would be ridiculously easy to forge. Counterfeit Sennheiser Momentums come with legit (and matching) serial numbers, both on the outer retail box and under the right earpad (just like the genuine article).

Anyone with a digital camera and printer can replicate one of those QR tags.

Heck, they make counterfeit hologram labels on products - you know, the hologram labels that are supposed to be for anti-counterfeiting?

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #800 of 888
More often than not, it takes more than 2 weeks from the point of the items leaving their warehouses till it actually reach buyers.

So, this blew up less than a month ago. I would expect buyers who ordered within the 2~3 weeks window before it was brought to light to still be receiving them.
They ship out thousands of items a day, and probably receive thousands a day too. Not that hard to mess up on one particular item.

Its really how Gearbest moves forward with it that matters IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #801 of 888
The delay in getting an answer about this from Gearbest because of the Chinese National Day holiday is frustrating. Especially in light of them apparently still shipping fakes.
Not trying to be an ass. But you would expect the same delay if it’s during Christmas right ?

George already responded that he’d get to it. Hence , let’s be patient and respect him

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #802 of 888
Not trying to be an ass. But you would expect the same delay if it’s during Christmas right ?

I'd be just as unhappy if the delay was because of Xmas, Easter, Passover or Martin Luther Day. It is frustrating that there's a delay because of any holiday. Understandable yes, true. But still frustrating. My statement said just that, nothing more. Which is why I responded to the request for some time, especially considering the upcoming holiday, that I wasn't going to expect to see a response before next weekend and I was fine with that.

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #803 of 888
Beside of the holiday break, this is common and shouldn't matter but take a look on the customer reviews with pictures at gearbest.
You will see a lot pictures of fakes - you can immediately recognize it because the counterfeit box has no lines between the letters XS, S, L.
But only reviews begining from Sept 28, 2017 until today are affected.
I look at older reviews with pictures and the seems all genuine.
So i think it was a special batch annd maybe a very cheap batch which was the reason for the great flash sale price.
In the moment gearbest is still continuing selling like hell (405 pieces left) and will deliver after the holiday break.
All customers affected with the fake versions gave a five star rating because the are not experienced in this stuff.

Now the question is how will gearbest ensure to deliver genuine one - the have to open each sealed box to check it - or the will send it as usual
to their customers because only people from headfi know the story behind.
It is not the matter of delivery counterfeit products - it is the question how gearbest will handle this issue respectable.
Treating this contentious issue without high customer responsibility will result in loosing their reputation and loose the confidence of their customers.

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #804 of 888
Just received 5 days ago, it took 2 week to my country
i think my IEM fake because there is no QR Tag on the cable and the R and L are inverted.
this is my first time buy on gearbest also the last time, very disappointed !
how to refund product on gearbest ?

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #806 of 888
Just received 5 days ago, it took 2 week to my country
i think my IEM fake because there is no QR Tag on the cable and the R and L are inverted.
this is my first time buy on gearbest also the last time, very disappointed !
how to refund product on gearbest ?
Are you sure that R and L are the wrong way round? You do know the nozzles look like they bend away from the ears and not towards them right? I only ask because I made the same mistake when I got my first Xiaomi phones.

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #810 of 888
I'm not that impressed by how Gearbest is handling this issue - it's a serious issue as far as confidence in them as a supplier is concerned so they ought to have addressed it by now, regardless of the national holiday in China. On the other hand, I've ordered a number of IEMs from them and none were fake. Only ever had one problem (which was in a package I received recently) - a defective right phone - and they have already shipped out a replacement for that with no questions asked so I think it's a bit silly to write them off over this one incident. After all, amazon have sold plenty of fake items and I haven't heard anyone swearing never to buy from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back