Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Sep 27, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #768 of 888
You just need to use a proxy that makes it look like you're in China. I'll try to find the one I used and paste it in here later.

Cool, thanks.

Mine are definitely genuine. But it will still be cool to see the link actually work.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #769 of 888
Cool, thanks.

Mine are definitely genuine. But it will still be cool to see the link actually work.

I used an app called barcode scanner on my phone and it linked me to mi authentication website and got this message:

Authentication passed!

This Mi product is authentic.
If the code is genuine you don't need any proxy. What country are you trying to scan from?

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #770 of 888
Cool, thanks.

Yeah I know - that's why I did it too. Well, after looking through hundreds of Chrome bookmarks, I realised that I did it on my phone with an app called "Web Tunnel Proxy VPN Browser". The icon for the app is a picture of the world with a red stripe through the middle of it, with 'Unblock' written on the stripe. I had tried a few proxies in my web browser beforehand with no luck but that app worked straight away. I have an android phone so it's on Google Play store and it's free.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #771 of 888
I used an app called barcode scanner on my phone and it linked me to mi authentication website and got this message:

Authentication passed!

This Mi product is authentic.
If the code is genuine you don't need any proxy. What country are you trying to scan from?
I used an app called QR code reader but I then had to paste the code I got into the authentication page (using the proxy browser).

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #772 of 888
Just figured I'd toss this out there since I was reading up on the situation a bit - apparently the fakes problem is popping up recently from Banggood too. Looks like they maintain a presence on reddit if anyone that ordered from them has trouble getting a good resolution.

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #773 of 888
It consistently sounds like you are saying Xiaomi is at fault for supplying fake products - I wonder if they would be happy to hear this?
I'm not happy being told I am having the replacement earphones sent via slow postage when I originally paid for faster postage. If this is not rectified you have definitely lost a future customer.

Hey, please give me your order number, I will arrange the original shipping method for you.

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #779 of 888
Agree with the others, for any IEM its all about getting a good fit. Lack of or weak bass is a good indicator of a poor fit. Try the different tips and also pulling the IEM out slightly after you've pushed it into your ear. Sometimes that works for me. Once you've gotten a good fit it'll be easier to get that fit the time you use them. You'll quickly get used to finding the sweet spot for a good fit and it will become second nature when inserting. If it doesn't work out that way you may want to try more / different tips because you most likely haven't found a good fit yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back