Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Sep 26, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #751 of 888
Customer Support quickly offered to refund or credit me. I'm looking for a reasonably priced Amazon USA solution. If I find one I'll probably pay more but feel that I'm more likely to get a real pair. OTOH, above someone said theirs ordered 10 days after mine were genuine. So perhaps it was just one shipment that was fake and they're onto the next lot which are genuine. I really do hate paying a lot extra for someone else to import something when I can do it myself.

Sep 26, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #752 of 888
Only offered to replace even though I asked for refund. I did pay for faster shipping originally so happy to get something quick and hopefully the real thing this time. They seem to be delusional that they are from official Xiaomi sources so are real. I would think they want to be careful they don't loose a lot of future customers by trying to cover their butts. Mine clearly had so many things wrong that they did not come from the same factory. Hopefully good news on good earphones soon.

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #753 of 888
Only offered to replace even though I asked for refund. I did pay for faster shipping originally so happy to get something quick and hopefully the real thing this time. They seem to be delusional that they are from official Xiaomi sources so are real. I would think they want to be careful they don't loose a lot of future customers by trying to cover their butts. Mine clearly had so many things wrong that they did not come from the same factory. Hopefully good news on good earphones soon.
Can not agree with you more, effective measures should be taken to the case so that we would not loose Gearbest customers.
All Xiaomi Pro official supplier source are the same, please kindly to the item, if you wanna buy, wait for the reasonable analysis release, please. Thank you.
We should let the thing be clear to the public, it is not the thing about Fake products, it is the thing about whether we deserve your trust or not, and about our attitude and ability to the case.

First, all items you think are fake, please provide pictures or videos to ask for full-refund, if customer service center did not give you answer back, PM me with your order number and ticket number.
Second, we will have several days off, then. Hope you can handle after sales problems within this week, or we have to wait for another 5 days.
Thank you for your reminding, I contacted with the supplier yesterday again, and they promise us no problem as we described, we need more tests and qualified certifications confirmation form the respective of laws.
Thank you for your feedback about the thing, you helped me a lot to stop orders ready-to be-dispatched. Thanks.
The service center access: https://support.gearbest.com/en

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #754 of 888
If someone wants to send me their fakes, I will do a proper disassembly and photographic documentation (not just removing the screen from the nozzle).

They are triple driver IEMs. If I completely disassemble it and there's only 1 driver, then we know better what we're dealing with.

PM me if you are willing to help.

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #755 of 888
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #757 of 888
Can not agree with you more, effective measures should be taken to the case so that we would not loose Gearbest customers.
All Xiaomi Pro official supplier source are the same, please kindly to the item, if you wanna buy, wait for the reasonable analysis release, please. Thank you.
We should let the thing be clear to the public, it is not the thing about Fake products, it is the thing about whether we deserve your trust or not, and about our attitude and ability to the case.

First, all items you think are fake, please provide pictures or videos to ask for full-refund, if customer service center did not give you answer back, PM me with your order number and ticket number.
Second, we will have several days off, then. Hope you can handle after sales problems within this week, or we have to wait for another 5 days.
Thank you for your reminding, I contacted with the supplier yesterday again, and they promise us no problem as we described, we need more tests and qualified certifications confirmation form the respective of laws.
Thank you for your feedback about the thing, you helped me a lot to stop orders ready-to be-dispatched. Thanks.
The service center access: https://support.gearbest.com/en
It consistently sounds like you are saying Xiaomi is at fault for supplying fake products - I wonder if they would be happy to hear this?
I'm not happy being told I am having the replacement earphones sent via slow postage when I originally paid for faster postage. If this is not rectified you have definitely lost a future customer.

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #758 of 888
It consistently sounds like you are saying Xiaomi is at fault for supplying fake products - I wonder if they would be happy to hear this?... .

I had the exact same impression reading the post. That I'm being told that the product came from Xiaomi but I can get a refund if I ask. But then I consider the language barrier, as its obvious from the phrasing that this person isn't a native English speaker, and the additional parts about waiting. So for now I'll just wait, until the end of next week since that's what he's asking for. But if I don't see something on the order of "oops they're fake we are sorry" I'm going to be very upset.

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #759 of 888
Apparently this fake problem is not new and GearBest should know about it.
I am not the first one to notice it. Others did it before me and Gearbest does not do a dam thing about it

I just looked at the pictures posted in some of the more recent reviews at Gearbest. About a third of them show the fakes which you can see by the missing QR tag on the cable or the lack of separator lines in the eartip case.

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #760 of 888
Sep 27, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #761 of 888
I am sooo glad I didn't buy a spare pair of Pro HD, because they've been on and off flash sale for ridiculously cheap for the last 2 months (I think they were as cheap as $12-$13), which was very tempting to go ahead and pick up a spare set for a backup or gift or whatever.

Perhaps they were selling them so cheap because they got a "killer deal" from a supplier and wanted to pass the savings onto the customer (possibly not knowing they were fake)?

Anyways, it's speculation at this point. We do know that:
  1. They HAVE sold genuine ones in the past (I know own a pair)
  2. At least some of their current batch are fake
  3. They have no established history of selling counterfeit products

So that leads me to believe that they truly have no clue. But as others have pointed out, it's how they plan to handle the situation that matters. At the current moment, their credibility is on the line.

If it was me, I would put a PSA message on the existing Pro HD description page explaining the situation. Then I'd contact everyone who bought the last batch and offer their choice of 1. a full refund or 2. express shipping of a known genuine Pro HD replacement.

Otherwise as people are saying, they are going to potentially lose a lot customers.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #765 of 888
I remember I bought the Hybrid IV last year and they had a qr code on them to check if they were authentic. Do the Pro Hds have them as well?

My Pro HD did have a QR code, but when you try and check the QR code outside of China is bombs out and doesn't work. Apparently, it only resolves inside of China's Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back