Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #781 of 888
i closed all holes in back and on silver bit its bad?
and for others yes i can feel there they dont fit me well i will try other tips asap..any recommendations?

Hd pro tips are absolute garbage. I use kz star tips or ones that came with Boarseman kr25d. You could also try foam. IMG_20170929_215246_HDR.jpg

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #782 of 888
I like the KZ star tips too. I think the Japanese JVC spiral tips are better but they're harder to get. I prefer foam for comfort although for some IEMs I have to stay with silicone to get a tight fit. I'm using foam with these myself. One thing I've found with foam tips is that I can't judge which size to use based on the size of the silicone tip that fit best. Generally I use a similar size but there are IEMs where I need to use a noticeably different size to get a good fit.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #783 of 888
HD Pro.jpg
i closed all holes in back and on silver bit its bad?
and for others yes i can feel there they dont fit me well i will try other tips asap..any recommendations?
I wouldn't close the holes on the silver part - that won't do anything for the bass. The holes you want to close are on the black part of the earphone, at the base of the nozzle (where the yellow arrow is pointing to on the picture)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #784 of 888
i just received my from banggood they are original for sure...but i dont hear any bass. I did close the holes with tape but still no base.Any advice? i'm disappointed.

You close the hole on the FRONT (shown below), not the hole in the BACK. I repeat, DO NOT close the hole in the back aluminum part.

500x1000px-LL-6a9f3bbd_20170328_061535.jpeg ProHD Vent.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #785 of 888
thanks everyone i closed correct hole and let aluminum hole as is + i try new tips. Its a lot better now. My mind changed from " i want sell them asap " to " i will give them chance" Base is definitely come with new tip...will order some foam ones. Thanks everyone! you guys are very friendly and polite :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #786 of 888
thanks everyone i closed correct hole and let aluminum hole as is + i try new tips. Its a lot better now. My mind changed from " i want sell them asap " to " i will give them chance" Base is definitely come with new tip...will order some foam ones. Thanks everyone! you guys are very friendly and polite :)

Enjoy them now while you wait for your kz zs5 to arrive. hint hint.

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #787 of 888

Be aware that in almost all cases foam tips REDUCE bass. So if you are looking to INCREASE bass, you need something silicone - KZ Starlines (what I use), JVC Spiral Dots, double flange, triple flange aka xmas trees, Sony Hybrids, Symbios, etc.

You can get a pack of KZ Starlines (S/M/L) on Aliexpress for $0.60-$0.90 per pack. I buy them in larger qtys, because they work so well on almost everything. They're comfortable to wear, high quality construction, secure fit, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #788 of 888
Be aware that in almost all cases foam tips REDUCE bass. So if you are looking to INCREASE bass, you need something silicone - KZ Starlines (what I use), JVC Spiral Dots, double flange, triple flange aka xmas trees, Sony Hybrids, Symbios, etc.

You can get a pack of KZ Starlines (S/M/L) on Aliexpress for $0.60-$0.90 per pack. I buy them in larger qtys, because they work so well on almost everything. They're comfortable to wear, high quality construction, secure fit, etc.

I don't know why but I can't get these right.

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #789 of 888
I don't know why but I can't get these right.
Don't feel bad you're not alone. I can always find a silicone tip that works for me. That is I get good sound and a secure fit without lots of fiddling with the earphone. I haven't always found a foam tip that works. My problem is that I'm very intolerant of silicone tips. I'd guess that its that the material doesn't let my skin breathe. Its tough to wear a silicone tips for a few hours without my ears getting an uncomfortable itchy feeling. Which is why I always look for foam tips. I found some foam tips that are designed to open up after the inner rubber tube and aren't the same diameter but are a larger hole to the end of the tip. This style seems better at not effecting the bass as much as those with the more typical design of a consistent diameter.

Oct 2, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #790 of 888
These earphones i received from gearbest are 100% fake. Opened them and there is only one dynamic driver, which is overpowering like hell, even punk songs are overwhelmed by bass. The bass vents are drilled on the "wrong" side, no qr code etc. Btw the housing is not glued at all, you can simply pull it in two pieces and get it back together after that without damaging anything.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #792 of 888
Boggles the mind that someone would want make fakes of the cheaper earphones

Yeah crazy. Probably the same factory that made the fake Xiaomi Pistons through the years (Piston 2, 3, etc).

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #794 of 888
the original Xiaomi Hybrids had tons of bad reviews becuase basically 2/3 of people who first bought them bought fakes.

Exactly. Many reviews of all sorts of headphones have been that way as well. I have myself been burned by counterfeits. I wouldn’t have known any better if I didn’t have a genuine to compare with. I’m my case I would have just chalked it up to a POS headphone and left a negative impression. Like you said, that is what happens all too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back