Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Aug 14, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #752 of 856
is anyone else able to get on the verification site that the qr code on the earphones leads to? It gives me a page in chinese that says something about not being able to access the page at the moment.

*sorry about the double post, thought my first one had been declined.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #753 of 856
  No contest versus the Sony XBA-H1 which is in the 215's price range. These are a beater set that sound good for the price, but not much more. That said, they're in my shirt pocket every day since the headset capability is compelling for myself. 

Really?? The Sony XBA-H1 is one of the worst earphones I've ever heard. Absolutely awful. I had such high hopes, too, with all the reviews I read. And they look so well made, with a nice variety of tips, too. But in 10 seconds, I knew these had to go back. They have NO treble - or at least terrible treble. Dull and fuzzy. Bass, mids, nothing else matters with such a lousy upper end. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #755 of 856
I purchased mine at a sale from Gearbest and I was wondering whether my pair was authentic. The box and the headphones are identical with unboxing videos I've watched from Youtube, but the QR code doesn't take me to the authentication site but instead here:
http://www.mi.com/en/verify/headphones and then that is followed by a long string of letters and numbers.
Is the authentication site buggy or have I've been sold a fake pair? How is 1more related to Xiaomi and is www.mi.com even the real site?

Other than that the headphones are great, but then again my old ones have been really cheap.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #756 of 856
Who would get into the trouble of making fake ones since the originals are so cheap?

It's not like some premium IEMs costing hundreds of Euros or US$, then fake ones could bring some serious profit.

I'm amazed that they even bother to run a verification site for such cheap things, let alone if the site functions or not. I mean, you get this great bassy sound for so little money, who cares fake or no fake, I love the sound of it!

Just my 2c.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #758 of 856
  Who would get into the trouble of making fake ones since the originals are so cheap?

It's not like some premium IEMs costing hundreds of Euros or US$, then fake ones could bring some serious profit.

I'm amazed that they even bother to run a verification site for such cheap things, let alone if the site functions or not. I mean, you get this great bassy sound for so little money, who cares fake or no fake, I love the sound of it!

Just my 2c.

Yet there is still OEMs with half of the price. But some seller sell it with the similar price with the original one. 

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #759 of 856
Sure, I know what you mean.

There are too many worthless IEMs that retail around half the price of the Xiaomi hybrids. None of them looks like a high quality product as the Xiaomi does, because it costs money to build something that looks so nice and none of these worthless IEMs can get even close in sound quality because sound quality costs money too.

The way I see it, if someone else could build such a product, with quality looks and quality sound, for a lower retail price, they would have done it already, since Xiaomi seems to sell these things as fast as they can make them which is a key point also, because you need a very large volume in production to be able to keep retail price so low.

Just my 2c.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #760 of 856
  Sure, I know what you mean.

There are too many worthless IEMs that retail around half the price of the Xiaomi hybrids. None of them looks like a high quality product as the Xiaomi does, because it costs money to build something that looks so nice and none of these worthless IEMs can get even close in sound quality because sound quality costs money too.

The way I see it, if someone else could build such a product, with quality looks and quality sound, for a lower retail price, they would have done it already, since Xiaomi seems to sell these things as fast as they can make them which is a key point also, because you need a very large volume in production to be able to keep retail price so low.

Just my 2c.

You've heard of KZ, Monk or Soundsoul (Soundsoul S-018 in particular)?  Lots of other options. BTW I just ordered Xiaomi Hybrids from Gearbest for the heck of it.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #764 of 856
I just got these from Gearbest and they really lack mid bass. Fortunately, Play Music lets me adjust the 75 Hz. An increase of 3 or 4 dB makes these sound a lot better for everything especially metal. Also, increased 1kHz by 1 dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back