Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #721 of 856
In my case, as i have the Piston 3 and hybrids, to my ears, both sound similar, the piston have better mids and a less bumpier frec response. Also both needed to be burned in for like 5hrs on a fiio e12a to have them working at 100.
now i use the hybrids for my commute and the piston 3 are used by my wife (she like the better than the hybrids) but the extra bass and resolution on the treble are quite fun.

Price wise both are a steal and better than most -100usd priced earphones

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #722 of 856
So far, the vsd5 are no match for the xiaomi, the zero audio carbo tenore is slightly more accurate and has better sub base but the xiaomi wipes the floor with it in body and fun factor, it's probably due to the larger driver, the tenore just sound animic compared to them.

The one 112 handles itself better and you can feel it has better highs and sparkle but in the lower range a single armature can't compete.

I have a Fidelio S2 in the mail and hopefully a trinity master 4 to compare soon enough.

What do you mean? The vsd5 are worse than the xiaomi hybrids?

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #723 of 856
Its the pair of VSD5 i have,

They are the most god aweful IEM´s i ever had, im going to send them back to the shop to check if their defective becuase they are truly the worst PoS i ever used, even the LG Quadbeat 2 i got for free with my LG G3 sound better.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #725 of 856
i just picked up a pair of these ie headphones last month , been using my beyerdynamic MMX 101 iE for about a year now , i found that after the burn in they are pretty close to what i am used to and was truly surprised to say the least , that being said it's hard to compare for many obvious reasons , all in all for the 15 $ i paid i found that i can now put my old phones away for awhile and still enjoy great sound , do be cautious though there are a lot of cheap imitations of these Xiaomi Hybrids i found that a lot of the fakes are missing the HD audio label on the side of the metal ear base, and paper over package is missing !
sound quality ,bass 
The Hybrid’s dynamic driver comes  off very well with an impactful low-end close to what i've been used to but with control of the beats audio on the handset that i've been using it would be considered more than ample and clear allowing you to hear it's great sub-bass extension Its strength also contributes to the Hybrid’s warm midrange, giving lower octaves a heavier, more  response.I found the Hybrid’s bass to be sufficient without resorting to base boost but with it it is outstanding it is very close to what i've been using clear crisp, impressive 
mids , 
What can i really say other than it really shined through with more than what i had expected. But to be honest, it was awhile before burn in until they started to sound great For me, I mean, sure, they don’t sound particularly bad at first but you do need to give them a bit of time to sound just right .
treble,
pretty much the same thing , just a little time and they were sounding just about right although not as good as expected but at the same time it takes time and lets keep in mind $20
summary,
Overall the Xiaomi Hybrid is impressive to me sound-wise. and build quality also found that they compare to some of the higher class phones 
all i can say is for the price you are getting a lot of quality and sound !!

Ok so i just have to add this 
so i was doing my laundry about three weeks ago and after emptying the washer to my surprise there are my headphones at the bottom of the washing tub so my first thoughts were oh well i guess i'll have to pick up another pair but first i tried the old bag of rice trick and after a week in the bag with the rice the ear phones work as well or maybe better i'm knot sure than before , but anyway i really didn't expect them to work again  , and the mic and all the functions work fine as well so all in all as long as there is no power load on them during wet or drying out process they will work fine !!

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #726 of 856
Another Q: has anyone got any purchasing experience at Banggood? I'm tempted at purchasing the IEMs at Bangood, rather than Gearbest, as the former offers a 7-10 business days for a much lower rate, but I've had bad experiences with a number of these Chinese e-tailers, so I'm cautious.

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #727 of 856
  Another Q: has anyone got any purchasing experience at Banggood? I'm tempted at purchasing the IEMs at Bangood, rather than Gearbest, as the former offers a 7-10 business days for a much lower rate, but I've had bad experiences with a number of these Chinese e-tailers, so I'm cautious.

I bought to this guy twice and every time the shipping was quick and with original hybrids
http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-Hybrid-Dual-Drivers-Wired-Control-In-Ear-Earphone-Headphone-With-Mic-p-1010328.html

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #728 of 856
will prob p/u a pair ofi these....as a backup
..still researching between the piston 3 and the hybrid.

i love balance, detail, resolution and good bass slam.
(sure i know they're not $$$).

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #729 of 856
My Hybrids are well burned in and i got my fidelio S2 this morning.

they sound almost the same... If xiaomi used a better driver for the bass and added a treble armature, its like going from listening to a band to listening to an orchestra... the sound is thicker, more detailed and emotional.

The xiaomi is a giant killer, but dont overestimate the giants.

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #730 of 856
Pretty disappointed in these regarding build quality. Have had mine for a few months and the the sound cuts in and out. Turning them while plugged in and the sound jumps all over the place. Wiggling the cord at the connector does the same. This started manifesting slowly, but it's now to the point where only on the the most obscure angle can I get sound. Never experienced this before.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #732 of 856
Pretty disappointed in these regarding build quality. Have had mine for a few months and the the sound cuts in and out. Turning them while plugged in and the sound jumps all over the place. Wiggling the cord at the connector does the same. This started manifesting slowly, but it's now to the point where only on the the most obscure angle can I get sound. Never experienced this before.

Try using a paper towel to clean off the jack. It's happened to me before and it seems like it's just because of some dust or other crap on the jack. After cleaning it off it worked fine.

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #735 of 856
i would like people who claim to have quality issues with them to state where they bought them, as i stated in a previous post while these arent perfect many of the quality and sound complaints are coming from fake pairs which seem to be quite abundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back