Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Aug 6, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #736 of 856
my piston 2 lasted like 2 years before getting lost with very rough use, my hybrid is still going after like 5 months. xiaomi brings the best quality, seems like you got a fake or one in a 1000 thing.

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #737 of 856
i would like people who claim to have quality issues with them to state where they bought them, as i stated in a previous post while these arent perfect many of the quality and sound complaints are coming from fake pairs which seem to be quite abundant.

Pretty sure they weren't fake. Got mine from geekbuying.com. These lasted the shortest time of any headphone I've had. I liked the sound too which makes it even more annoying.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #738 of 856
Hello guys,

I noticed tht I get a different sound performance by changing the ear tips on the Xiaomi Hybrid IEM. Anyway the package does not bring a wide set of ear tips, so I'm going to buy a new set of various tips.
Can I get your advice about model/brand/type?
Thank you!

kalo86

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #741 of 856
Hello guys,

I noticed tht I get a different sound performance by changing the ear tips on the Xiaomi Hybrid IEM. Anyway the package does not bring a wide set of ear tips, so I'm going to buy a new set of various tips.
Can I get your advice about model/brand/type?
Thank you!

kalo86

http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/   - IF you refer to the chart should be CP100, the bigger diameter. I hope the L=13 mm is adequate for you. BTW, Xiaomi's not listed but the AKG is & I have a 391, therefore should be around this spinfit diameter range.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #742 of 856
I use the spin-fit with my hybrids on medium size, they was a little improvement but very welcome. Have to say that used to the sony hybrid tips (with or without the extra foam seal they have on the EX1000 pakage) the shure SE tips, some comfort and seal tips from Comply. One of the best silicon tips are the included with the hybrids, i use them on my fiio EX1 due the super confortable wear and noise isolation. 
Originaly the spin-fits was for the EX1 but since with them they insert a little bit more deeply and cause some no-sound situations it was a no-win situation. But on the hybrids the spin-fits was perfect, maybe is the design of the hybrids but to my ears they adapted better with less fallings due the sweating while walking

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #743 of 856
I use the spin-fit with my hybrids on medium size, they was a little improvement but very welcome. Have to say that used to the sony hybrid tips (with or without the extra foam seal they have on the EX1000 pakage) the shure SE tips, some comfort and seal tips from Comply. One of the best silicon tips are the included with the hybrids, i use them on my fiio EX1 due the super confortable wear and noise isolation. 
Originaly the spin-fits was for the EX1 but since with them they insert a little bit more deeply and cause some no-sound situations it was a no-win situation. But on the hybrids the spin-fits was perfect, maybe is the design of the hybrids but to my ears they adapted better with less fallings due the sweating while walking

Hi, thank you! I will try to buy something from Amazon. So, in few words, what is your ultimate advice for xiaomi hybrid ear tips?
Thanks!

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #744 of 856
Almost every tip works on the hybrids (comply t200 type i guess) its just the extra flavor you want. the foam tips makes them less bassy, and the silicon tips makes them bassier. The spinfits are one the comfy side if you have, like me, to much different ear canal (i use medium on evey tip) but on my left ear, it seems the canal "tweaks or bends" more
just my case i guess

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #745 of 856
Mine just arrived. I was initially thrown off by how bassy these are compared to my Piston 2s, but after listening for a while, I definitely prefer the new Hybrids. One thing I will say is the tips are horrible. Probably the worst I've ever experienced. Small or big, they just won't stay in my ear. Luckily, the great tips from my Piston 2s fit perfectly with the Hybrids.

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #747 of 856
Hi, thank you! I will try to buy something from Amazon. So, in few words, what is your ultimate advice for xiaomi hybrid ear tips?
Thanks!

... I found it peculiar that this particular model I must admit have FIT issues. Not like my previous IEM the W10 with slim long Nozzles compared to the Hybrid's wide & stout type. I will soon place my own order for both the Hybrids & the W10s from a local Amazon rep. I know they are expensive but I'm not the only one (from my local community @ least) that will plunge to the ear tips upgrade & try them spin fits. Hype or not we'll soon find out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #748 of 856
How does Xiaomi Hybrid sounds on classic musics? I'm currenly using piston 3 and really love it although the earwax filters have popped out and the braided cable has torn down.
Also, have anyone tried KZ in-ears?

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #749 of 856
How does Xiaomi Hybrid sounds on classic musics? I'm currenly using piston 3 and really love it although the earwax filters have popped out and the braided cable has torn down.
I listen to metal and heavy music. Also in classic music with pipe organs cellos and of course very well recorded and played ones. Sometimes the hybrids sounds a little to bassy on some recordings but the armature gives them a lot of resolution. You can use them with foam tips to lower the bassy side

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #750 of 856

They are OK with classic, you would need a tune with some serious bass to appreciate what the hybrids can do.

Also, you might need to EQ some, according to your personal taste.

I really liked the hybrids listening to these tunes

1. Arie e duetti d'amore with Sandrine Piau and Gloria Banditelli
2. Lava with Simone Kermes
3. Bach's Oster Oratorium BWV 249 and Kantate BWV 66  by Herreweghe
4. Handel's Gloria and Dixit Dominus with Kirkby, Martinpelto and von Otter

What I didn't care for was

1. Pergolesi's Stabat Mater with Julia Lezhneva and Philippe Jaroussky
2. Julia Lezhneva's Alleluia Motets with Il Giardino Armonico

The reason I did not like these is cause there is no bass in them at all, you don't even need the hybrids for non-bass tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back