Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Jul 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #709 of 856
i think many of the bad expiriances with the Hybrids are from people getting fake ones, thats always a problem with Xiaomi products.

I´ll admit they arent the best in the world... but for 17 bucks you´re getting one hell of a headphone.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #710 of 856
People keeps telling that they are not the best on the world, but i would like to know, what are superior to 1more (Xiaomi) pistons? i would really like to know, as i love music so much, what else is better?

Because i have a sennheiser ie800 that cost me almost 1000USD and they doesn´t sound as good as the genuine Hybrid Xiaomi. 

So price... doesn´t tell storyes really.

So what else is better?

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #711 of 856
  I bought my Xiaomi Hybrid IEM about two months ago and I like it a lot. The built quality and subbass extension is very good for the price (17$). I use it daily with my HTC One during commuting.  

+ 1 to that.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #712 of 856
  People keeps telling that they are not the best on the world, but i would like to know, what are superior to 1more (Xiaomi) pistons? i would really like to know, as i love music so much, what else is better?

Because i have a sennheiser ie800 that cost me almost 1000USD and they doesn´t sound as good as the genuine Hybrid Xiaomi. 

So price... doesn´t tell storyes really.

So what else is better?

Being A Value engineered IEM, that already earned MI A Star IMO. Another for Bass quality. 1 more for seamless Bass to midrange transition. 1 for not selective in sources and lastly it looks the part, & the mic. 5 stars total 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #714 of 856
  Q: to those stating that the offering at Gearbest is not a fake; how have you verified that?

It's almost impossible to be fake. I think they've sold already thousands and GB won't taint the xiaomi products they're selling for a chance to have increased profits by selling fake ones :)

Just my 2 cents

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #715 of 856
you have to be very very careful with stores. 

Sometimes they are just displays for other to sell

For example. I bougth two Dual Driver Samsung H3300 headphones (They sound almost as good as the Xiaomi Hybrid), and they were totally fakes!! they even had some quality termination issues.

I bought this two units from WALMART ONLINE!! so.. walmart cannot be trusted?

I think it NOT!

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #716 of 856
  Q: to those stating that the offering at Gearbest is not a fake; how have you verified that?

As for the Xiaomi products at Gearbest, I am quite sure that these are not a fake. I think that GB is an official seller of Xiaomi products.

From GB I have Xiaomi Band S1 which works with official Xiaomi application (installed from Google Play). The same is with Xiaomi Camera I have bought at Gearbest. If these were fakes, they most likely would not work with official Xiaomi android applications. So I have never had any doubts that my Xiaomy Hybrids from GB are original.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #718 of 856
So far, the vsd5 are no match for the xiaomi, the zero audio carbo tenore is slightly more accurate and has better sub base but the xiaomi wipes the floor with it in body and fun factor, it's probably due to the larger driver, the tenore just sound animic compared to them.

The one 112 handles itself better and you can feel it has better highs and sparkle but in the lower range a single armature can't compete.

I have a Fidelio S2 in the mail and hopefully a trinity master 4 to compare soon enough.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #719 of 856
So far, the vsd5 are no match for the xiaomi, the zero audio carbo tenore is slightly more accurate and has better sub base but the xiaomi wipes the floor with it in body and fun factor, it's probably due to the larger driver, the tenore just sound animic compared to them.

The one 112 handles itself better and you can feel it has better highs and sparkle but in the lower range a single armature can't compete.

I have a Fidelio S2 in the mail and hopefully a trinity master 4 to compare soon enough.
when you have the Fidelis s2 please share your thoughts. I have been looking for the s2 too but the greatness and cheapness of the hybrids beats almost every one I look.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #720 of 856
I have both,I prefer the Piston 3.0. The hybrids sound less crisp, quite dull actually

I just got back from China and bought two pairs of these because my wife lost her Klipsch IEMs getting off of the plane and I left my piston 3s in Las Vegas and figured it'd be fun to see if these were any better (although I had other IEMs with me anyway).
They're definitely genuine since I bought them at the actual XiaoMi Home store in Beijing that carries every single one of their products.

And unfortunately so far I have to agree, these don't seem to be as clear or have as much of a soundstage as the Piston 3s. But I did notice right off the bat these do need burn in very badly because right out of the box they barely had any volume even with my phone volume cranked up, but after playing music for only five minutes the volume issue already fixed itself. So far with about 12 hours of burn in I would still vote for the Piston 3s but they don't sell those anymore.

These do seem to be slightly improved in terms of comfort but XiaoMi cheaped out on not including a real case like the 3s, though that case was useless because the front wouldn't ever stay on without tape.

Funny thing is last time I went to China I lost a pair of Piston 3s. We've never lost headphones anywhere but China lol.

FYI there are two versions of the box for these in ear pros. The newer version mentions a design award and they added a manufacturing date field to the serial number sticker that lists the date of manufacture. I also believe XiaoMi got rid of the white plastic wrap that older units came wrapped in. I got one pair of the older ones and one pair of the newer ones in diff colors, at least in my case the gold ones were the newer box.

I'm gonna try to burn these in on a decent amp (objective2 amp) and see if the sound signature improves, so far the issue is mostly that the bass is muddying up the rest of the sound.

I do want to say that even though I prefer the Piston 3s so far these are really great for the money anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back