Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Sep 12, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #767 of 856
I wrote these off quite quickly but i was comparing them with a bunch of other budget IEMs I've recently purchased and I think i seriously misjudged how good they are. They have a nice full sound, good body, nice bass, good mid clarity and the highs have decent detail without being fatiguing, much better than any other budget ones I've got. I didn't think they were anywhere near as good as the piston 3s at first, but now I prefer the hybrids over them. they make the Piston 3s sound pretty weak and thin.

I also like them over the DZAT-DF10s, VJJB V1s and Havi B3 Pro 1s. I've actually been taking them out before my Dunu DN 1000 and RHA T20.

My only gripe is the total lack of isolation. Had them on the bus and they were no good basically. I must admit, I'm loving the budget world... there are so many good bargains out there. It would be nice if some of the top reviewers on here would give them a shot over the big hitters.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #768 of 856
The hybrids need 100 hr burn in before sound great. I kust absolutely love their confurt and build quality and cables but even the high quality and non fatiguing sound.they are still not my type. My type are piston2 and have yet to find an iem that tops it having tried more then a 2 dozen. I even perfer monk+ sound then hybrids. Well lets see what **** 4in1 gives me. I think i will have to buy a used piston 2 anyway.

Sep 13, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #771 of 856
I'm pretty sure, otherwise my pair is faulty somehow. They don't sound bad at all, just more balanced and less bassy than my previous Hybrids. I thought these used to have about the same bass impact as the Piston 2's... Now the Pistons have a noticably bigger rumble than the new Hybrids.

Would be great to hear a second opinion from someone else who's just bought a pair

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #773 of 856

Man are you sure ?

Bass was the main thing on the hybrids. If they screw*d this up I should stop recommending these at once !

Nah the bass is still very good, quantity and texture still above average (especially at this price). Still a very fun, detailed sound coming from them

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #774 of 856
I have to admit I'm disappointed with these Xiaomi Hybrids. I expected the BA to handle the mids and highs efficiently while the DD took care of the bass. Instead, I'm getting subdued mids with the bass over-powering them and making them muddy. Side-by-side with the DZAT DF-10, I can hear lots of mid that I'm losing.
YMMV, of course.

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #775 of 856
  I have to admit I'm disappointed with these Xiaomi Hybrids. I expected the BA to handle the mids and highs efficiently while the DD took care of the bass. Instead, I'm getting subdued mids with the bass over-powering them and making them muddy. Side-by-side with the DZAT DF-10, I can hear lots of mid that I'm losing.
YMMV, of course.

When did you order them?

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #777 of 856
From my experience.

I had to EQ for the hybrids specifically. Settings I had already, using something else were good enough for that something else, not the hybrids.

After I did that, I just loved the sound, given the price I paid of course.

Just my 2c.

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #778 of 856
They are good, just good, vocals sucks, bass is not clear and terribles are just fine, good for watching movies and other that kinda stuff, not for music, bass is good but not clear but strong, highly durable, doesn't have extra accessories etc, just plain earphones and extra tips, and BTW, light weight and comfortable enough for long time listenings, 3 out of 5:thumbsup:

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #779 of 856
They are good, just good, vocals sucks, bass is not clear and terribles are just fine, good for watching movies and other that kinda stuff, not for music, bass is good but not clear but strong, highly durable, doesn't have extra accessories etc, just plain earphones and extra tips, and BTW, light weight and comfortable enough for long time listenings, 3 out of 5:thumbsup:

The build is very good and in addition the controls are nice for Android. For $16 or so still a good value.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #780 of 856
Hi.
Maybe somebody can help me. i received a pair yesterday. I need a mini to 1/4 adapter that will work with these. Is there such a thing? May regular adapter doesn't work.I guess because of the mic?
Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back