Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Sep 24, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #781 of 856
  Hi.
Maybe somebody can help me. i received a pair yesterday. I need a mini to 1/4 adapter that will work with these. Is there such a thing? May regular adapter doesn't work.I guess because of the mic?
Thanks for any help.

Maybe you should buy the parts required from an electronics parts store and make an adapter yourself using a small cable length. Then you could make it work regardless of the mic connection.

Or have someone help you do that DIY thing if you do not know how, it is very easy though and once you see someone do it then you could do it too.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #783 of 856

The build is very good and in addition the controls are nice for Android. For $16 or so still a good value.

Yeah, build quality is soo good, can take a pretty good beating

Exactly! And reliable controls can trump SQ when walking for example. I frequently listen to my songs in shuffle mode and having the volume easily accessible is a must. Especially when I stick my V10 in the backpack. Still, the SQ is good. But a single well tuned driver would have accomplished the same thing.

EDIT - I've been using my Hybrid for cell phone calls lately. The mic is really excellent! People on the other end tell me how crystal clear the voice is. Can't say the hybrid drivers adds anything, lol. That adds nothing of course.
I use an LG V10.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #784 of 856
Question hearing good things about gearbest and bandgood (or bandgood idk) how longs shipping to the US particularly Los Angeles a week seems kinda long but I think they're worth it and most the one people got are real right?

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #785 of 856
Question hearing good things about gearbest and bandgood (or bandgood idk) how longs shipping to the US particularly Los Angeles a week seems kinda long but I think they're worth it and most the one people got are real right?

Got mine today in Vermont after 12 days shipping. Believe it or not, I'm not actually that far off the beaten path for shipping. Slow on the China end before even getting tracking updates. I buy everything from gearbest with no problems other than the expected slow shipping, but from what I hear banggood should also be fine.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #787 of 856
funny i washed mine full cycle and dried them out in rice for 4 days then hung them in the sun for a couple of days and the work great , as good or possibly better than before the washing machine so ya be patient and take the proper steps  you should be fine !! 
good luck 

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #788 of 856
funny i washed mine full cycle and dried them out in rice for 4 days then hung them in the sun for a couple of days and the work great , as good or possibly better than before the washing machine so ya be patient and take the proper steps  you should be fine !! 
good luck 
  just accidentally put these in the washing machine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gonna have to wait and see if they'll survive.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #790 of 856

I have placed 3 orders from GearBest, and my husband ordered through them all the time.  The bottleneck seems to be how long they take to actually dispatch the items.  After they are in transit, it goes pretty fast.  I have received my orders in 1-3 weeks.  Husband reports that he has received items from within a week to a couple of months.

They often seem to split orders into separate shipments if you are ordering multiple items.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #791 of 856
Hello,

Did they change the packaging recently?
My case doesn't have the same printing as all the older unboxing Videos.

Time to get the burn in Started.
Who had 12h time to rest his phone? -.o

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #792 of 856
Hello,

Did they change the packaging recently?
My case doesn't have the same printing as all the older unboxing Videos.

------

Time to get the burn in Started.
Who had 12h time to rest his phone? -.o

Same thing here.
not only the prints- also we didn't get a separate box for the ear tips.
Ordered mine a month ago from Gearbest, picked them up yesterday.
(note that gearbest say on their site that their are 2 different packages for this item. strange)
i am concerned because of 2 reasons:
1. it doesn't say anywhere on the box nor the paper that these are "hybrid" / with 2 drivers
2. when scanning the QR barcode to check if they aren't fake- i get a 502 bad gateway error

either way- they sound great, even before burn in. they feel original, but what the hell do i know. can't compare them to the normal package pair.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #793 of 856
Box looks ok to me, just what I got a few months back.

No burn-in no nothing, too cheap to bother with such things, sounds great anyways from day one. As bassy as it could ever be.

Just my 2c.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #794 of 856
  Same thing here.
not only the prints- also we didn't get a separate box for the ear tips.
Ordered mine a month ago from Gearbest, picked them up yesterday.
(note that gearbest say on their site that their are 2 different packages for this item. strange)
i am concerned because of 2 reasons:
1. it doesn't say anywhere on the box nor the paper that these are "hybrid" / with 2 drivers
2. when scanning the QR barcode to check if they aren't fake- i get a 502 bad gateway error

either way- they sound great, even before burn in. they feel original, but what the hell do i know. can't compare them to the normal package pair.

Mine came a couple weeks back, they were in that packaging as well. Gearbest shipped them in a hurry but then they inexplicably sat in Alabama for almost two weeks after getting to the US... aside from that, no issues.

Don't sweat the 502 error, the verification website is apparently misconfigured and only accepts requests from Chinese IPs. If you really want to run the validity check, configure your PC or device to use a Chinese proxy server (just google "open proxy list" and look for a working one from China), then go to the URL you get from scanning the QR code. I did this last week and mine came back genuine, so chances are yours are just fine.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #795 of 856
I hate to say it but the Piston 3 is superior to the Hybrid in every way except maybe the build which is personal preference. More complicated drivers resulting in inferior (compared to the Piston 3's) sound quality. But the Hybrid is fine for audiobooks, as mic with smartphone, podcasts, etc. I don't reach for it for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back