Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Feb 4, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #586 of 856

^ FTFY. It seems very few understand that Xiaomi also manufacture their own mobile devices and as such, design their earphones to be used with their phones.

That's not true. They work fine in most samsung phones, even in huawei phones.

Where did I ever say that they only work with Xiaomi phones? It's an established fact that they work on certain devices, but know that there are earphones with Android-compatible remotes that work with the majority of Android devices, as there are Apple-compatible earphones wired for Apple devices. 

"The Xiaomi phones were designed primarily for Xiaomi phones." There, does that sound better?

EDIT: Hurr Durr I'm an idiot 
tongue.gif
 sorry gonna edit earlier post

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #587 of 856

my question is about android; the in-line controls work fine on my girlfriend's phone but not on my phone. on my phone i can start and stop playback and skip songs using the middle button, but volume controls don't work. 

As to my Highscreen Boost3 volume buttons work OK. The middle button launches Google speach recognition 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #588 of 856
I can confirm that the volume buttons work fine on my Windows (8.1) phone - Lumia 1020.  And - for what it's worth - I'm really enjoying my hybrids.  The sound with them from my xDuoo X3 is really quite something - great imaging/soundstage and a really lively, detailed presentation and a disciplined (not overblown) bass, the mids are well-behaved and perhaps very slightly recessed, but overall, quite a balanced sound.  Mind you, I did burn them in for about 18 hours at moderately high volume and that did seem to help - I'm not a huge believer in burn-in, but sometimes it does seem to make a difference in my experience.  I also find them incredibly comfortable to wear for extended periods.  Quite a bargain at the prices that Banggood or Gearbest are selling them for.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #589 of 856
  Received my hybrids... have a mixed feeling about them. low/bass sounds great, mids also enjoyable, but treble/highs seems to be quite missing. Compared them with the Pistons 3 and 2, and the sound is more 'darker' as some others seem to call it.
Don't know wether it's a defect or just the sound it should produce...

If your Hybrid sounds dark, then I think it is a dud.  These phones are anything by dark.  It is definitely V shaped with more of a recessed mids.  The treble is very crisp and I heard a lot of details from my pair.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #592 of 856
I mailed Banggood, but they are not responding in any way. This will be the last time I bought from them.

Give them time - don't forget it is coming up to the Chinese New Year (tomorrow - 8th Feb).  It's a big deal and everything shuts down/goes slow for about a week.  Banggood have been pretty responsive to my queries in the past.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #593 of 856
Got my "hybrid" from Amazon seller-WhiteOak Electronics and Fulfilled by Amazon. Price £22.99 & free delivery.
Sending back. Right earphone is badly finished. Also the biggest issue is build quality. Metal part is badly attached to the black plastic witch goes in to your ear.There is gap in between also "glue" around it. Look at attached pictures. Also comment about sound:) Way to much bass! It's pleasant to listen but it's so far from neutral flat sound.
[/IMG] Forget about packing. There was no white nylon bag around the paper box. Hope it's not a sign of fake or 2nd - B grade goods

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #596 of 856
Well, I hope it works out well.  I had a quick look at the 1 more website, and from the info they provide, that model looks suspiciously similar (in terms of internal layout and construction) to the Xiaomi hybrid - and they're "tuned" by the same audio engineer, Luca Bignardi - so one might expect a similar sonic signature, perhaps.

If you're after a less bass-heavy presentation, have a think about the Sony XBA-C10 which give (to my ears) very clear, clean mids and highs, though the bass is a little recessed (for my preference).  They use a balanced armature driver rather than a hybrid design.   However, I've been giving my pair a good run-in (48 hours continuous on a fairly high volume setting) and the bass seems to be coming to life without becoming too dominant.  If you can stand to have a white pair, you can pick them up for about £25, black ones run to about £38.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #597 of 856
Hi there, im looking for some good budget, around the 20$ price range. I tend to like hearing balanced music and im into alternative rock, punk and other heavy music. Just cant decide which earphones i should get, cant decide if I should get the piston 3, hybrids, the KZ ATE or just go safe and get the Soundmagic ES18.
Thanks for your help ^^

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #598 of 856
Hi there, im looking for some good budget, around the 20$ price range. I tend to like hearing balanced music and im into alternative rock, punk and other heavy music. Just cant decide which earphones i should get, cant decide if I should get the piston 3, hybrids, the KZ ATE or just go safe and get the Soundmagic ES18.
Thanks for your help ^^
I would stay clear of the dark sounding, treble lacking hybrids. Better buy the Joyroom E107 instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back