XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #166 of 914
Oh, I've got that, thought he had a separate channel or something. And must've missed the Thor discussion, I'll have a look if I can find it.
BGGA also has a Discord, but I don’t know if it’s public.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #167 of 914
OK, got my Xelastecs (MS, M and ML pack) but them and Mangirds don't get along for me (just an initial impression, will play around some more later) - sound too thin so back to stock silicones. However, they work very well for L3s, which I have on the TRN BT module. I will test out later during my training session, love the fit and sound (gives me more sub-bass and a little clearer sounding overall), and the fact they are a little sticky, which should help them not coming out of the ear canal throughout. I have M in left ear and MS in right ear (always had a problem with the fit in my left ear) and this gives me the best fit in my left ear I've ever had! So, overall, very happy with them.
Try the smallest for a deep insert.

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #168 of 914

Didn't order them initially, only the M pack, but like them enough now to have just ordered the S pack. I will try again when I get them.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #170 of 914
If you want something that sounds remarkable for the money (beats the pants off my Focal Elex, which surprised me!), I like my Ollo S4X. Not an IEM, though. It’s an open-backed, over-ear headphone.
(sorry this will be out of this forum subject)
i browse about the S4Xbut that itself got a mixed review.

well to put it in context, when i first try bl03 (from very standard earphone) its like watching movie from cinema for the first time. And when i try TEA its like im watching FullHD movie for the first time. So will there be a a gear (let say Ollo S4X) that will give like a 4k/3d movie experience? or it only like just give you different/better tonality.

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #171 of 914

I've got them and tried them out for a bit. Deep insert previously didn't work for me with other tips, and I am afraid to say it's not working here either. I get a really good seal so your suggestion to go Small was spot on. I've never before found a wider selection of tips that I could happily wear as I do with Xelastecs (I can wear 4 different sizes depending on the IEMs, lol). Anyway, while they don't sound as bad as they did with M size tips, I am still finding it to be too bright sounding and losing the smoothness and the balanced sound I enjoy so much on the stock silicone tips. I think I am done fixing what is not broken but it was a great experiment. Now to see what these tips do to my P1, they improved the sound of everything else in my collection.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #174 of 914
imho, tea is better across all frequency and technicalities vs it04. that is it04, not it03. u get the point right? 😉
Seriously? Hoboy! I might order them today. I read they aren't bass cannons but I have an eclectic taste and love rap and edm - does the low end hang in terms of texture, slam, or rumble? Also, is the soundstage comparble to the it03? I am a soundstage head above all...

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #175 of 914
Seriously? Hoboy! I might order them today. I read they aren't bass cannons but I have an eclectic taste and love rap and edm - does the low end hang in terms of texture, slam, or rumble? Also, is the soundstage comparble to the it03? I am a soundstage head above all...

I have to say for my taste of electronic music (mainly Trance) I can't recommend them. Most low end I need is mid bass, not a lot sub bass. Soundstage is good, but not amazing. To me these are Rock IEMs, because the detail in the highs is so great live concerts are a joy. Every singer and instrument is clearly audible and not overwhelmed by the audience. But I think for anything dance related the Teas are not suited.

So I still use the 10 year old JH 11 Pro customs on a daily basis.

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #176 of 914
Just bought a new Tea. I’ve been meaning to do so since I want to write a review on it.

Question ... did anyone have any issues with the vents being accidentally sealed by too much glue? I had this QC problem with the Legacy 9, and since it looks like the two share the same red/blue venting and nozzle, I was just wondering.

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #177 of 914
I never noticed this comparison before. It would be great if someone had both the EJ07 and Tea to do a comparison. They may sound similar, or perhaps not sound anything alike.

70DF0862-8E16-4409-BD57-51602682E11B.png

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #178 of 914
I never noticed this comparison before. It would be great if someone had both the EJ07 and Tea to do a comparison. They may sound similar, or perhaps not sound anything alike.

70DF0862-8E16-4409-BD57-51602682E11B.png

I did. I was looking to put EJ07 on my shopping list but discarded that idea based upon this comparison graph. I would be interested to hear someone's thoughts on this, too (as ultimately I really like this signature).

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #179 of 914
Just bought a new Tea. I’ve been meaning to do so since I want to write a review on it.

Question ... did anyone have any issues with the vents being accidentally sealed by too much glue? I had this QC problem with the Legacy 9, and since it looks like the two share the same red/blue venting and nozzle, I was just wondering.

I had no such issues.

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #180 of 914
Just got my Mangird Tea! Very early impressions are excellent. I think I like medium to deep insertion, but so far, this has been the worst driver flex I‘ve had on any IEM. The vents don’t look blocked either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back