XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #136 of 919
Wanted to get the Mangird Tea to upgrade my L3 and Urbanfuns but according to a review in Youtube (), it seems the Urbanfuns are better than the Mangird Tea. IMHO between L3 and Urbanfuns, and having own them both for couple of months. I prefer the Urbanfuns overall. Now I'm looking at Thieaudio CV and Monarch, hoping for an upgrade worthy IEM

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #137 of 919
Wanted to get the Mangird Tea to upgrade my L3 and Urbanfuns but according to a review in Youtube (), it seems the Urbanfuns are better than the Mangird Tea. IMHO between L3 and Urbanfuns, and having own them both for couple of months. I prefer the Urbanfuns overall. Now I'm looking at Thieaudio CV and Monarch, hoping for an upgrade worthy IEM

I caution that one “review” is hardly adequate information. In fact, any reviewer who feels the UF is directly comparable to the Tea, automatically gives me pause. I guarantee the UrbanFun isn’t “better” than the Mangird, though one certainly may like it more, because it has a VASTLY different sound signature. Such a comparison would be like saying a Ford Mustang GT is clearly better than a Lexus LS. FWIW, I really like my UFs.

Edit: Also, the Thieaudio CV and Monarch probably won‘t be upgrades to the UF either. They are different. If you want a direct upgrade to the UF, I‘d probably look at the 7Hz i99 or even the Empire Ears Legend X.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #138 of 919
I caution that one “review” is hardly adequate information. In fact, any reviewer who feels the UF is directly comparable to the Tea, automatically gives me pause. I guarantee the UrbanFun isn’t “better” than the Mangird, though one certainly may like it more, because it has a VASTLY different sound signature. Such a comparison would be like saying a Ford Mustang GT is clearly better than a Lexus LS. FWIW, I really like my UFs.

Edit: Also, the Thieaudio CV and Monarch probably won‘t be upgrades to the UF either. They are different. If you want a direct upgrade to the UF, I‘d probably look at the 7Hz i99 or even the Empire Ears Legend X.
graph.png

Yep, vastly different. UF is very similar to BLON03, though, which I have; I like both Blon and Mangrid for different reasons (which I think is the point of having more than one IEM). Upgrading? Only if you are keen on a particular signature, otherwise it may be wise to try something different.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #139 of 919
Me too. I don’t need two. I’ve been on head-if a while, but I don’t know if I need some sort of extra verification to sell in the FS forums.

The policy used to be a new user had to have 50 posts before they could post a for sale item. Probably is still the current policy.

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #140 of 919
I’m thinking of getting the Tea since the graph looks pretty good to me. I saw someone post a green set, and since I’m a green tea fan, that’s the finish I’d like. Does anyone know if the green version is still available?

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #142 of 919
I’m thinking of getting the Tea since the graph looks pretty good to me. I saw someone post a green set, and since I’m a green tea fan, that’s the finish I’d like. Does anyone know if the green version is still available?
I’m not completely certain, but I think only the one color is available through Linsoul currently. I contacted them when it was first released, asking a out other colors, and they gave me a vague response, that they would update the webpage, but nothing new since then. You may want to try contacting them again. I think there are a few different options available through TaoBao, and I think I saw some other colors on AliExpress before, but now it just pulls up DD-Audio/Linsoul.

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #143 of 919
I’m not completely certain, but I think only the one color is available through Linsoul currently. I contacted them when it was first released, asking a out other colors, and they gave me a vague response, that they would update the webpage, but nothing new since then. You may want to try contacting them again. I think there are a few different options available through TaoBao, and I think I saw some other colors on AliExpress before, but now it just pulls up DD-Audio/Linsoul.

Yeah, I've done a google search and it comes up with Aliexpress links as I too remembered there were other colours, however all of those links show out of stock and only the default is available (which is pretty nice).

Jul 22, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #144 of 919
graph.png

Yep, vastly different. UF is very similar to BLON03, though, which I have; I like both Blon and Mangrid for different reasons (which I think is the point of having more than one IEM). Upgrading? Only if you are keen on a particular signature, otherwise it may be wise to try something different.
The catch-phrase for the Tea is “smooth, mid-centric, with sub-bass.”

I must have missed it, but has anyone noticed a burn in affect with the Tea?

Jul 22, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #145 of 919
The catch-phrase for the Tea is “smooth, mid-centric, with sub-bass.”

I must have missed it, but has anyone noticed a burn in affect with the Tea?
I honestly doesn't find it mid centric with subbass when i listen to them. It's more like a normal mild u shape with midbass

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #146 of 919
I honestly doesn't find it mid centric with subbass when i listen to them. It's more like a normal mild u shape with midbass

wow this is new. because esp for midbass. because my tea have very mild mid bass, hardly subbass centric in low. mid def not recessed.

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #148 of 919
wow this is new. because esp for midbass. because my tea have very mild mid bass, hardly subbass centric in low. mid def not recessed.
sorry for my bad english.:disappointed_relieved:

wow this is new. because esp for midbass. because my tea have very mild mid bass, Definitely subbass centric in low. mid def not recessed.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #149 of 919
sorry for my bad english.:disappointed_relieved:

wow this is new. because esp for midbass. because my tea have very mild mid bass, Definitely subbass centric in low. mid def not recessed.
You'll lose the sub-bass without a good seal and a deep insertion. The Xelatec small tips have also further increased the bass for me.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #150 of 919
You'll lose the sub-bass without a good seal and a deep insertion. The Xelatec small tips have also further increased the bass for me.

My Xelastec is still on shipment. Is it really that good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back