XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #151 of 919
My Xelastec is still on shipment. Is it really that good?
Oddly not for everything. For the Tea? Oh hell yeah. Also for the FD1X and TFZ Tequila 1 and BLON 03. For my Lypertek Tevi TWS, the Dekoni TWS foams are still the best and most comfortable.

The hardest part about using the Xelatec was ordering TWO $30 assortments to find the right fit for each IEM. I’ve learned I need Small for some and Large for the rest.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #152 of 919
Oddly not for everything. For the Tea? Oh hell yeah. Also for the FD1X and TFZ Tequila 1 and BLON 03. For my Lypertek Tevi TWS, the Dekoni TWS foams are still the best and most comfortable.

The hardest part about using the Xelatec was ordering TWO $30 assortments to find the right fit for each IEM. I’ve learned I need Small for some and Large for the rest.

Can't wait to try Xelastecs with my Teas, took a while to get here but they are out for delivery to me today.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #153 of 919
Seems the Xelastec is the hottest tips right now. I bet XelasTEA will sounds great. 😆

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #154 of 919
The catch-phrase for the Tea is “smooth, mid-centric, with sub-bass.”

I must have missed it, but has anyone noticed a burn in affect with the Tea?

Yes, I have and talked about it in the earlier posts. I had to postpone posting my impressions because of this, the sound was a bit 'messy' for me out of the box and not reflective of the FR chart. Then they opened up nicely and are currently my favourite set (and by some margin).

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #155 of 919
Yes, I have and talked about it in the earlier posts. I had to postpone posting my impressions because of this, the sound was a bit 'messy' for me out of the box and not reflective of the FR chart. Then they opened up nicely and are currently my favourite set (and by some margin).
These are my best IEMs. I just ordered some bass monsters (another Chi-Fi set on a SMALL run) for contrast.

I go back and forth listening to the Tea and then with my Ollo S4X over ear headphones. I sent my Elex home.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #156 of 919
These are my best IEMs. I just ordered some bass monsters (another Chi-Fi set on a SMALL run) for contrast.

Is this 'Thor' (or whatever the name is) by any chance?

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #157 of 919
Is this 'Thor' (or whatever the name is) by any chance?
Yeah! It just went up! It’s cheaper than the Tea.

Are you in his Discord?

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #158 of 919

Well since i'm newbie in this audiophile gear thing (you can see in my signature, i have limited experience), the sound of Tea really blew my mind, because i never imagine an audio gear can sound as good as this (for this i mean the TEA).

But have you guys have try a sets that much better than the TEA? a sets/gear that give you goosebumbs? If any, I wonder how's that sound like. I'm really curious about this and searching around the answer for days now.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #160 of 919
Jul 23, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #161 of 919

OK, got my Xelastecs (MS, M and ML pack) but them and Mangirds don't get along for me (just an initial impression, will play around some more later) - sound too thin so back to stock silicones. However, they work very well for L3s, which I have on the TRN BT module. I will test out later during my training session, love the fit and sound (gives me more sub-bass and a little clearer sounding overall), and the fact they are a little sticky, which should help them not coming out of the ear canal throughout. I have M in left ear and MS in right ear (always had a problem with the fit in my left ear) and this gives me the best fit in my left ear I've ever had! So, overall, very happy with them.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #162 of 919
Jul 23, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #163 of 919
go to linsoul website and click on discord icon on their home page

Oh, I've got that, thought he had a separate channel or something. And must've missed the Thor discussion, I'll have a look if I can find it.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #164 of 919
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #165 of 919
Well since i'm newbie in this audiophile gear thing (you can see in my signature, i have limited experience), the sound of Tea really blew my mind, because i never imagine an audio gear can sound as good as this (for this i mean the TEA).

But have you guys have try a sets that much better than the TEA? a sets/gear that give you goosebumbs? If any, I wonder how's that sound like. I'm really curious about this and searching around the answer for days now.
If you want something that sounds remarkable for the money (beats the pants off my Focal Elex, which surprised me!), I like my Ollo S4X. Not an IEM, though. It’s an open-backed, over-ear headphone.

there’s a guy in Washington selling them for $420. For how good they sound, it’s nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back