XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #901 of 914
really wanting to get a set of Tops for gaming use, but also using them as my daily IEMs, I've heard a few reviews now say they're "slow", I listen to very fast metal (goregrind, slam, etc), does anyone know how they do with blastbeat like sounds?

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #902 of 914
really wanting to get a set of Tops for gaming use, but also using them as my daily IEMs, I've heard a few reviews now say they're "slow", I listen to very fast metal (goregrind, slam, etc), does anyone know how they do with blastbeat like sounds?
I have listened Static X on them and they sound just fine.
The bass response will depend of you source.
With my M11S they sound fine.
With my ADV AMP they sound even better!
I've just started listening them with a VE R2B-FE AMP and a Prime DAC... First impressions are very good.

PS: if what you hear is mainly fast metal, you may want to consider a planar IEM.
You Will need a fairly powerful source.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #906 of 914
I know I cant be wrong with either but want to make a best call.
IMO if you're currently running the S12 and the treble doesn't bother you, I would get the Hype 4. I know a lot of people like the Top but I found that it didn't have enough treble brilliance or "sharpness" to define the bass notes. And I would rule the SA6 MkII out. It's very different from the S12; bassy and dark sounding. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 13, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #907 of 914
I've had my Top since December and I absolutely love them. I think the only issue I have is that the shape of the wing at the end starts to make my ear hurt if I use them for more than 40m. I have been curious though, has anyone here who has a Top compared it to the Monarch MkIII? If so how did they compare in terms of sq and fit?

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #908 of 914
Now in dillema between Tops and SA6MK2. Both are great, wondering which is better in stage, details, midrange weight. Music wise psychodelic metal, grunge.
Maybe a bit late but I have owned these iems both. Both are great, totally agree. But I would personally so for the Top. Its a bit fuller sounding for me, and has some more punch since it has that DD. I found the midrange on the SA6MK2 to be a bit recessed for me. Bought a SA6 OG and totally happy. But for rock/metal i prefer the TOP.

Good luck choosing between iems and if you have found one in the meantime, enjoy them :D

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #909 of 914
Maybe a bit late but I have owned these iems both. Both are great, totally agree. But I would personally so for the Top. Its a bit fuller sounding for me, and has some more punch since it has that DD. I found the midrange on the SA6MK2 to be a bit recessed for me. Bought a SA6 OG and totally happy. But for rock/metal i prefer the TOP.

Good luck choosing between iems and if you have found one in the meantime, enjoy them :D
I got Dunu SA6 MK2 and what a pair with M17. Never thought iem can have such stage, details and warmness with proper punch being BA only. Didn't wanna go Top route as I heard it has slower bass and classic Harman tuning while Dunu has gone in different direction.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #910 of 914
Question to everyone...does anyone know the website or address to Xenns? Let me know...I have some second-hand IEMs needing fixing and I cant find any deets on them outside their supplier sites.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #912 of 914
Maybe try contacting Linsoul and see if they have any information to help you.
Appreciation bro...I'll look into it! That sounds like the most logical route since theyre one of their biggest distributors.

May 2, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #914 of 914

Users who are viewing this thread

Back