XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #871 of 914
that is a fact indeed...
have read your thoughts against the Yanyin s but to me the moment I put Aladdins in my ears I knew that the sub bass rumble was more that noticeable compared to the Teas.... imo bass impact wise Aladdins are the winners, hit harder with more authority and dynamics.
the stage and imaging goes to the Teas as well as the air/space between instruments BUT to the cost of a less full bodied sound aamore linear response I would definitely say making those very good at acoustic tracks maybe but certainly not a ideal all rounder.
of course it's always a matter of personal preference and I can relate to your point of view when you notice "a veil in the vocals" but that added warmth results imo always in a more natural / analogue alike reproduction, not sterile or dry which was a risk for me at least sometimes with the Teas.
believe it or not my biggest dilemma on the Teas was their supposed clear midrange
it was too linear for my taste....
Needles to say that I am not looking for a reference/technical beast earphone anymore... I had ibasso AM05 the definition of a flat sounding earphone and sold it because of that...
all I care these days is musicality and emotional sound.
The timbre of the Yanyins is closer to that and thus closer to my personal definition of a natural sound...
But as you mentioned everyone's ears are different here...... 😉
i agree, musicality is better, though for me bass has to be neutral and natural, even decay/bleed. read the review and it said clear and sweet about midrange... so looking to buy it now, or would anything best
that is a fact indeed...
have read your thoughts against the Yanyin s but to me the moment I put Aladdins in my ears I knew that the sub bass rumble was more that noticeable compared to the Teas.... imo bass impact wise Aladdins are the winners, hit harder with more authority and dynamics.
the stage and imaging goes to the Teas as well as the air/space between instruments BUT to the cost of a less full bodied sound aamore linear response I would definitely say making those very good at acoustic tracks maybe but certainly not a ideal all rounder.
of course it's always a matter of personal preference and I can relate to your point of view when you notice "a veil in the vocals" but that added warmth results imo always in a more natural / analogue alike reproduction, not sterile or dry which was a risk for me at least sometimes with the Teas.
believe it or not my biggest dilemma on the Teas was their supposed clear midrange
Needles to say that I am not looking for a reference/technical beast earphone anymore... I had ibasso AM05 the definition of a flat sounding earphone and sold it because of that...
The timbre of the Yanyins is closer to that and thus closer to my personal definition of a natural sound...
But as you mentioned everyone's
i agree, musicality is better, though for me bass has to be neutral and natural, even decay/bleed. read the review and it said clear and sweet about midrange... so looking to buy it now, or would anything best it at that?
that is a fact indeed...

that is a fact indeed...
i agree, musicality is better, though for me bass has to be neutral and natural, even decay/bleed. read the review and it said clear and sweet about midrange... so looking to buy it now, or would anything best it at that?

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #872 of 914
I've been hearing to the Xenns Top with stock tips and cable and I had no problem with the treble. But I came from the Timeless and the SR5, so I actually think the treble on this is smoother than the SR5.
I find interesting this capability of the EJ07M of presenting more texture in the bass when compared with the Xenns Top, but in other han, I do love the rumble and the vivid presentation of the Top.

Can you share your impressions of the bass on the EJ07M and the Top on the track below, specially in the 09:40 onwards?

And in this one please 😊

Cant test versus de EJ07M, maybe this evening I've got some time.

But I have to say something, FIIO FH7S is one of my favourite iems, nice stage, powerful bass... And the TOP is better, the bass of this iem is just impressive. Its fast, powerful, just lacks a little bit of clean.

Also the quantity and quality of details, make them an experience on every genre.

The FH7S (wich has a lot in common with the 07M) its a longer bass, more invasive, and relaxed treble. But its not as impressive as the MANGIRD.

So, 2 of 2 for mangird on my iem list. I only try the OG TEA and the TOP and both are keepers.

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #873 of 914
Cant test versus de EJ07M, maybe this evening I've got some time.

But I have to say something, FIIO FH7S is one of my favourite iems, nice stage, powerful bass... And the TOP is better, the bass of this iem is just impressive. Its fast, powerful, just lacks a little bit of clean.

Also the quantity and quality of details, make them an experience on every genre.

The FH7S (wich has a lot in common with the 07M) its a longer bass, more invasive, and relaxed treble. But its not as impressive as the MANGIRD.

So, 2 of 2 for mangird on my iem list. I only try the OG TEA and the TOP and both are keepers.
I went back to my Xenns Top today after listening the Butastur and without comparing the bass, the Xenns Top doesn't feel like it's behind...
It's detail and natural sound are an absolute joy.

Aug 24, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #874 of 914
😛

Screenshot_2023-08-24-18-23-03-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #875 of 914
no*SOUND presents…
VARIATION ON THE TOP?
XENNS (MANGIRD) TOP

• 🔈 Driver Setup. 1DD Beryllium-coated – 8BA (Knowles 32406 – E50D – Sonion 2600)
  • 💊Capsule & Weight.
  • ✨Sen & Imp. 107dB/mW | 25Ω
  • 💰 Price. 330€ (used)
✅ As fun as technical
✅ Analogue-bass, timbre near-perfect
✅ Nice sense of separation

🟡 Not the bigger scene on the price range
🟡 It's not the more relaxed listening experience
🟡 Build quality from 2019

⭕ Decay bass tends to be so long
⭕ Cable is a disaster

VALORATION A-
For spanish readers, you got a PDF with an "extensive" review. Also, the no*SOUND presents… is a link for my new facebook group.

Attachments

• XENNS TOP (final).pdf
    692 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #876 of 914
no*SOUND presents…
VARIATION ON THE TOP?
XENNS (MANGIRD) TOP

• 🔈 Driver Setup. 1DD Beryllium-coated – 8BA (Knowles 32406 – E50D – Sonion 2600)
  • 💊Capsule & Weight.
  • ✨Sen & Imp. 107dB/mW | 25Ω
  • 💰 Price. 330€ (used)
✅ As fun as technical
✅ Analogue-bass, timbre near-perfect
✅ Nice sense of separation

🟡 Not the bigger scene on the price range
🟡 It's not the more relaxed listening experience
🟡 Build quality from 2019

⭕ Decay bass tends to be so long
⭕ Cable is a disaster

VALORATION A-
For spanish readers, you got a PDF with an "extensive" review. Also, the no*SOUND presents… is a link for my new facebook group.
Is there a review in English?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #878 of 914
Do you guys think the top is worth getting for someone who already has the variations?
Are they different enough to warrant having both or is top only a sidegrade/improvement over the variations and not different enough?

(I also have the Tea2 and like them)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #880 of 914
Do you guys think the top is worth getting for someone who already has the variations?
Are they different enough to warrant having both or is top only an sidegrade/improvement over the variations and not different enough?

(I also have the Tea2 and like them)
I feel VARIATIONS superior in every aspect.

Also you could EQ'd the MOONDROP to make them more spicy if you need it.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #882 of 914
I see, thanks
Do you think they are similar in terms of sound profile?
Like, do they feel similar sounding or are they different sounding but you prefer the variations?
I wrote on my review that its more a side-grade. They could live together on the same house.

VARIATIONS could be a little bit dry-technical. It has the punch, but the TOP got the rumble.
Also in uppermids-treble, TOP could feel more intense.

Have to say, I usually eq the bass on the VARIATIONS to get more punch (the DD allowed to do that). That's not need with the TOP.

TOP is more forgiving with bad recordings

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #883 of 914
I wrote on my review that its more a side-grade. They could live together on the same house.

VARIATIONS could be a little bit dry-technical. It has the punch, but the TOP got the rumble.
Also in uppermids-treble, TOP could feel more intense.

Have to say, I usually eq the bass on the VARIATIONS to get more punch (the DD allowed to do that). That's not need with the TOP.

TOP is more forgiving with bad recordings
Got it, thanks

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #885 of 914
Hello everyone, I recently got my hands on the Tea 2 and have been testing it out for the past weeks.

If anyone wants to know my impressions on them, I've compiled a very exquisite video review where I talk about its sound quality using the art of poetry.

Yes, poetry. I thought that such an exquisite sounding IEM deserves an equally exquisite review.

If you liked my review then you'll definitely like the Tea 2, too :smile:

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Brief text summary: Tea2 is basically Tea1 but with more beefy mid-bass, less sub-bass, slightly better high-mid control, and slightly more refined treble response. Mids are still the same old quality that we love. Technicalities as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back