XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #886 of 914
Any thoughts on the tea2 version? Was thinking of getting the blessing 3.

But found a secondhand a Tea2 for around $200USD. Thanks
For that price, I'd say it's definitely worth it if you're looking for a balanced iem with good mids.
I still quite like mine, even after I've tested and used more expensive iems.

Can't compare with the b3 though since I haven't heard that, but tea2 has better tuning imo.

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #888 of 914
I went back to my Xenns Top today after listening the Butastur and without comparing the bass, the Xenns Top doesn't feel like it's behind...
It's detail and natural sound are an absolute joy.
How would you compare it to the Butastur? i currently have the Butastur and am enjoying it, but i would want a more energetic & bit bassier set in the future.

Jan 7, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #889 of 914
How would you compare it to the Butastur? i currently have the Butastur and am enjoying it, but i would want a more energetic & bit bassier set in the future.
The Top is not more energetic in the highs (I don't think it's a good thing if a IEM is more energetic than the Butastur). I think the TOP has a more realistic presentation of the highs.
The low end is way better, with much more rumble and texture in the Top.
The other option is the Letshoer EJ07M...

Jan 7, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #890 of 914
Just to say, I think the O7m has a more natural timbre while the Top is maybe hyperreal? Both are quite nice. It's possible the Top beats the EJ in bass.. well it does in SPL but also the texture and separation. I do prefer the 07m but figure both iems are about on par.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #891 of 914
Thats helpful, thanks guys. from what am reading am leaning more and more towards the TOP sadly i never tried it in person but from what am reading its probably the go to for bass while retaining good detail for fuller tracks. EJ07M and neon pro are also on my radar, but TOP has the most feedback/ admiration which makes me lean even more towards it. Did you by any chance try the neon pro?

Jan 7, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #892 of 914
Thats helpful, thanks guys. from what am reading am leaning more and more towards the TOP sadly i never tried it in person but from what am reading its probably the go to for bass while retaining good detail for fuller tracks. EJ07M and neon pro are also on my radar, but TOP has the most feedback/ admiration which makes me lean even more towards it. Did you by any chance try the neon pro?
Nope, but from what I've read they are not very similar... The Neon Pro is more comparable with the Butastur...
Mind you, there's no DD in the Neon Pro

Jan 8, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #893 of 914
yes no DD, I keep reading how well the NP has a DD like base(I am very sceptical myself ) and how well its done. I dont see many comparisons between it and other DD except maybe the aurora. I think you re right they re not the same(graphs are nt far off though ), i still do wonder if its truly DD like though. Thanks Neithan.

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #894 of 914
Hi all, I am thinking of jumping to Xenns Tops but also eyeing Performer 8, Variations, Hype 4 /10.
From my understanding Tops have good timbre, well done bass and good highs without being fatiguing which ticks all boxes.
Variations good at subbase and stage, but tinny mids hot upper mids so not the best of the bunch imho.
Performer 8 I think is really good, balanced neutral everywhere but still musical and it has my attention.
Currently best IEMs I have now are S12 Pro and really like them, not too hot in treble, bass done well and FIIO M17 drives them home.
Hype 4 is nice I think but could not compete with Tops, and Hype 10 are ok but too close to Monarch MK III in price.

Still think Top should be end of my road but I could stretch up to 1000EUR if that can get my something special.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #895 of 914
Hi all, I am thinking of jumping to Xenns Tops but also eyeing Performer 8, Variations, Hype 4 /10.
From my understanding Tops have good timbre, well done bass and good highs without being fatiguing which ticks all boxes.
Variations good at subbase and stage, but tinny mids hot upper mids so not the best of the bunch imho.
Performer 8 I think is really good, balanced neutral everywhere but still musical and it has my attention.
Currently best IEMs I have now are S12 Pro and really like them, not too hot in treble, bass done well and FIIO M17 drives them home.
Hype 4 is nice I think but could not compete with Tops, and Hype 10 are ok but too close to Monarch MK III in price.

Still think Top should be end of my road but I could stretch up to 1000EUR if that can get my something special.
Hi.

Check out this video by Jay Audio on the different iems by price level.

See also the video on the Hype4...

But do you really need to spend that much?
Check out as many reviews as you can before making a decision.

Finally, if you can go to 1000€, we'd probably be better served by the Monark MK3.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #896 of 914
Thanks for that, Jay spoke highly of Hype 4 but only 60eur difference to the Tops. Even bass might be tighter in Hype's, Xenns should have better separation/details with higher driver count. I noticed yesterday lots of people are very happy with Penon 10th, W sound in a way but well executet, just they look bit like a toy 😆

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #897 of 914
Thanks for that, Jay spoke highly of Hype 4 but only 60eur difference to the Tops. Even bass might be tighter in Hype's, Xenns should have better separation/details with higher driver count. I noticed yesterday lots of people are very happy with Penon 10th, W sound in a way but well executet, just they look bit like a toy 😆

In my opinion (and if you read the posts about it you will arrive the same conclusion) the Penon 10th was a less consensual IEM than the TOP.
The Hype 4 is cheaper, so you lose something.
If you go for the TOP you won't regret it ✌️.

PS: there is also the new Tansio Mirai X anniversary...
There is only one review and I didn't see any comparison with the Top so I would approach it with caution.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #898 of 914
Yeah, I like more FR of Tops but still reviews will say more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_094005_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_094005_Brave.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back