XDUoo XD05PRO
Oct 23, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #1,036 of 2,325
The op-amps included in the little case, what are they? Model and brand? I don't know why I don't know this after all the time I've spent in this thread, but I don't (and it's not listed anywhere in the manual).

The stock are TI OPA1612, but what are the other ones? And what are the differences between them?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #1,037 of 2,325
The op-amps included in the little case, what are they? Model and brand? I don't know why I don't know this after all the time I've spent in this thread, but I don't (and it's not listed anywhere in the manual).

The stock are TI OPA1612, but what are the other ones? And what are the differences between them?
LME49720 - very cheap ones, probably 2$ for unit...don't recomend to use these.

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,039 of 2,325
The master himself uploaded a new review, haven’t watched it yet. Need some candies first 😂, enjoy.

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,040 of 2,325
I got my Sparkos SS3602s today and I was so happy to install it … only to realise that socket risers are required at least for one side. I remember someone mentioning that but I wasn’t sure why it was needed.

Oh well, ordered the risers and now the wait continues ..
File with a metal nail file for 5-10 minutes, there are photos and manuals in the thread. the bridges that I ordered were suitable for simple opamp and xduoo opamp module, but not with Sparkos, perhaps I was unlucky - they did not connect completely...

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #1,041 of 2,325
The master himself uploaded a new review, haven’t watched it yet. Need some candies first 😂, enjoy.

I found two interesting things in this video review:

1. He is telling nothing about sound impressions/quality specifically, only about power output and functionality.

2. His ROHM/AKM modules board colours differs from mine. I have all boards in dark grey/black and he has two module boards (AKM/ROHM) in green colour 🤔 maybe Xduoo sent him "the special" modules, or they just ran out of black boards stock, or maybe my modules are fake? 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024_214335_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_214335_YouTube.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231024_214256_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_214256_YouTube.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231024_213908.jpg
    20231024_213908.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,042 of 2,325
I found two interesting things in this video review:

1. He is telling nothing about sound impressions/quality specifically, only about power output and functionality.

2. His ROHM/AKM modules board colours differs from mine. I have all boards in dark grey/black and he has two module boards (AKM/ROHM) in green colour 🤔 maybe Xduoo sent him "the special" modules, or they just ran out of black boards stock, or maybe my modules are fake? 😂😂😂

The color of all my PCB of the 3 modules I have
are like yours (dark grey).
Nothing abnormal.

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #1,043 of 2,325
I received a list of filters from xduoo support. I don’t believe that their engineers were able to redo not only the order, but also return the old filters to the 9039pro. most likely the support was given old data, from the time when they wanted to release xd05pro with 9038pro (yes, in the table it is listed as 9039, but we all saw its datasheet, there are other filters there already, one of the pluses of the new DAC lol), and by ear you can hear the difference (slows are less sharp). but according to AKM, I see they gave a list of 7 (as in the menu with the AKM module), when on the AKM website there are 6 of them, it seems to be true, but how? Is it really possible to change these parameters in DACs?
ES9039SPRO FILTERS.png
BD34301 FILTERS.png
AK4499EX FILTERS.png
xduoo support corrected the description for digital filters for ESS 9039
ES9039SPRO FILTERS (1).png

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,044 of 2,325
I got my Sparkos SS3602s today and I was so happy to install it … only to realise that socket risers are required at least for one side. I remember someone mentioning that but I wasn’t sure why it was needed.

Oh well, ordered the risers and now the wait continues ..
Mine arrived today. I applied them without modification.

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #1,046 of 2,325
Testing mine since some days, I must say it’s a pretty solid piece of hardware for away from home listening.

It’s not much behind my home setups and so far the best I had for vacation or similar. I’m impressed, I regret nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #1,048 of 2,325
A pair of DIP-8 gold plated risers is 2 bucks. I would rather use that than bend one of those capacitors and risk breaking something.
With a riser it’s also easy to take it out without any stress.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #1,049 of 2,325
The next time I open the door, I too will have to try again to insert them with the double socket.

Last time I didn't succeed, perhaps for fear of forcing it,
I was too cautious.

Application of the opamp module with sparkos ss3602 with modification of sparkos operational amplifiers
I am not responsible for any damage caused by users attempting to follow the opamp module replacement procedure below.

Method 2 (new)
This time I decided to cut off my legs in Sparkos (a decent nail clipper is enough). I made this decision because I noticed that opamps with additional DIP8 adapters touch the floor after installation, so I think it is better not to use them. I believe this is not beneficial, for example for thermal reasons. The legs also do not touch the module capacitors. No need to grind the opamp PCB.

1. Unscrew the screws from the photo (red circles)
2. Video attached below:

(I was using my left hand, I had a camera in my right, so it was uncomfortable. Normally it takes a moment)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Application of the opamp module with sparkos ss3602 without modification of spaRkos operational amplifiers

Method 1 (old).
Before you start, switch to eco mode, volume 0 and continue operating with the device turned off, preferably in ext mode. Act without haste, sensitively, systematically and methodically, not abruptly. This way works for me.

I use additional DIP8 adapters to attach the sparkos opamps to the module. Unfortunately, I don't have a better photo and I don't want to remove the module again. I hope that the procedure will be clear despite this.

1. Unscrew the screws (
red circles).
2. As you gently press the opamp module door towards the DAC module, the structure will begin to give slightly -
you can practice (
green line and arrows).
3. Place the module diagonally into the hole, starting from the side opposite the module pins (
red arrows).
4. Now the module barely fits into the hole.
5. Now you need to put pressure on the door (point 1) and at the same time try to place the pins of the opamp module in the hole. The module from the pin side can be inserted freely or with little resistance.
6. Be careful not to move the opamps in the PCB sockets. This may end with the left opamp disconnecting and the message protected, or with sound in only one channel.
7. Place the module in the slot.
8. Tighten the screws not too suddenly and too strongly (I did not tighten the screws all the way). Before completely closing the module door, run xd05 and check that everything works properly with the headphones. Increase the volume slowly.

Good luck
SPARKOS OP.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #1,050 of 2,325
OK, let's try.
Before you start, switch to eco mode, volume 0 and continue operating with the device turned off, preferably in ext mode. Act without haste, sensitively, systematically and methodically, not abruptly. This way works for me.

I am not responsible for any damage caused by users attempting to follow the opamp module replacement procedure below.
I use additional DIP8 adapters to attach the sparkos opamps to the module. Unfortunately, I don't have a better photo and I don't want to remove the module again. I hope that the procedure will be clear despite this.

1. Unscrew the screws (red circles).
2. As you gently press the opamp module door towards the DAC module, the structure will begin to give slightly -
you can practice (green line and arrows).
3. Place the module diagonally into the hole, starting from the side opposite the module pins (red arrows).
4. Now the module barely fits into the hole.
5. Now you need to put pressure on the door (point 1) and at the same time try to place the pins of the opamp module in the hole. The module from the pin side can be inserted freely or with little resistance.
6. Be careful not to move the opamps in the PCB sockets. This may end with the left opamp disconnecting and the message protected, or with sound in only one channel.
7. Place the module in the slot.
8. Tighten the screws not too suddenly and too strongly (I did not tighten the screws all the way). Before completely closing the module door, run xd05 and check that everything works properly with the headphones. Increase the volume slowly.

Good luck
Yea right ..
I’ll wait for my risers to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back