XDUoo XD05PRO
Oct 25, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #1,054 of 2,407
Has anyone compared what are the main differencies in sound when using Sparkos SS3602 vs. Muses02 vs. Burson V5i-D? 🤔🤔🤔
Muses02 - just no.
V5i - sound on steroids (literally and it doesn't have to be an advantage). Why do I think this way today? There is bass, midrange, treble, stage, detail. Everything is there, musicality, a lot of air, it's pleasant to listen to. Analog color, speed, dynamics. Really nice and the price is also not that bad, for example on audiofonics. Other systems of this size lag behind. They are (for my taste) much better than the factory 1612s. They are far from the Sparkos. Sparkos have a full and realistic sound, with a really great low end, a reproduction focused on mass, weight, dynamics, impact, timbre and detail, and not focused on breaking a sweat at all costs. It's just a different level. It's all in analog tonality, but without that "blanket" that is a feature of the v5i to a greater or lesser extent. Sparkos are also very universal when it comes to musical genres. The XD05 pro with sparkos is a completely new sound and if someone appreciates analogue, there can be no mistake. This is real change, not splitting hairs. This is a sound reproduction that values honesty, not cheap tricks, or simply tricks. I will only add that from some distributors you can buy pro in a combined offer or with pre-installed Sparkos. That's saying something. The only downside is that using sparkos in pro without modifying them is a pain.

https://hificonnect.com/he/product/xduoo-xd05-pro-amp-dac-sparkos-ss3602-opamps/

https://eliseaudio.com/products/xduoo-xd05-pro?variant=44086340780250

Oct 25, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #1,055 of 2,407
I found two interesting things in this video review:

1. He is telling nothing about sound impressions/quality specifically, only about power output and functionality.

2. His ROHM/AKM modules board colours differs from mine. I have all boards in dark grey/black and he has two module boards (AKM/ROHM) in green colour 🤔 maybe Xduoo sent him "the special" modules, or they just ran out of black boards stock, or maybe my modules are fake? 😂😂😂
I know that when testing in China, the engineering test version used green circuit boards and the finished product was black circuit boards

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #1,058 of 2,407
I updated the post about installing sparkos with a video:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17790994

Yes, the operations you do are quite clear.
Thanks for your commitment.

First you insert the base with the OP-AMPs and then push it into the DAC connector.

But, frankly, I prefer to keep the SPARKOS with the modification; basically it's a matter of eliminating a bit of the roughness on the pins and filing off a bit of the fibreglass.

But once this is done, I put the base on and off easily and without panic.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,059 of 2,407
Yes, the operations you do are quite clear.
Thanks for your commitment.

First you insert the base with the OP-AMPs and then push it into the DAC connector.

But, frankly, I prefer to keep the SPARKOS with the modification; basically it's a matter of eliminating a bit of the roughness on the pins and filing off a bit of the fibreglass.

But once this is done, I put the base on and off easily and without panic.
That still does not show how he put the op-amps onto the base in the first place. On one side it doesn’t fit due to the capacitor.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,060 of 2,407
I think you may change your mind about how to apply sparkos. I will update the post soon Post #1,049 about the sparkos application, I will attach a video.
Did you use risers and trim them ?
Appreciate what you’re doing for everyone but you missed the most important part of putting the op-amps on to the base.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,061 of 2,407
Did you use risers and trim them ?
Appreciate what you’re doing for everyone but you missed the most important part of putting the op-amps on to the base.
1698357015045.png

- All credits for @LoneFurrow

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,063 of 2,407
Okay so you cut off the solder at one of the edge. I see, thanks.
What’s the disadvantage of having the op-amps touch the bottom ?
I mean if it fries someday it can be replaced but I assume that won’t happen so easily.
I cut off the solder everywhere where they meet the capacitors. You'll see it. Opamps generate a lot of heat, I don't know if it's harmful and what they come into contact with at the bottom. I cut them off to give the sparkos more space. With the adapters, the amplifier got very hot in normal mode. I never had this with v5i. It is cooler without adapters, but not as cold as with bursons. Maybe there is another reason for the heating, I don't know.

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,064 of 2,407
To everyone disappointed in ROHM module - AKM is a must-have for purchase. corrects ESS jambs (except for turbo whistling in normal/eco) and does not chew frequencies like rohm. top, especially with its special filter - 5 or 6) super slow suited me perfectly + norm gain + 4.4. tested with sparkos.

Also, low frequencies are too cut off in ESS, but in AKM it’s a completely different matter.

I just threw ROHM back into the box an hour after unpacking it. After unpacking and listening for 30 minutes, AKM was already left in the device, instead of ESS.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,065 of 2,407
To everyone disappointed in ROHM module - AKM is a must-have for purchase. corrects ESS jambs (except for turbo whistling in normal/eco) and does not chew frequencies like rohm. top, especially with its special filter - 5 or 6) super slow suited me perfectly + norm gain + 4.4. tested with sparkos.

Also, low frequencies are too cut off in ESS, but in AKM it’s a completely different matter.

I just threw ROHM back into the box an hour after unpacking it. After unpacking and listening for 30 minutes, AKM was already left in the device, instead of ESS.
Nice share thanks. For me I am waiting for a R2R of it can be done and implemented properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back