XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #4,081 of 5,194
  On stock Xduoo x3,  if I have a 24/96 file,  can I set it to playback at 24/48,  or 16/44, or 16/48?  Sometimes the recording is dry in 24/96,  and the 16/44 adds space and juicyness. 

I have never heard or read of that phenomenon before.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #4,082 of 5,194

Good point. It's an industry in great flux and one by one I'm eliminating companies with which I won't do business, or at least will be extremely cautious with any new offerings.
Cayin is a good company, so is Lotoo, and I know the list will get longer as I expand my inventory of gear. Even though I returned my N5 I liked the audio quality and very much wanted to keep it, but that meant accepting a faulty scroll wheel and I couldn't live with that.

I too like the X3, and for my purposes (casual listening while working, walking the dog) it's fine for me. At it's price I can treat it less than delicately and not worry about it.
I recently spent 2 weeks with the Soundaware M1(PRO), and it's a nice player. Has the same chip as the Xduoo X3 so there is a similarity of sound. Yes it's almost 5 times
the cost of the X3 but it's more into upper mid to High end DAP. One thing I was impressed with was Soundaware's responsiveness to issues, the UI is a work in progress and
they are very willing to fix any errors. and no fussy touch screens or scroll wheels.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #4,083 of 5,194

I too like the X3, and for my purposes (casual listening while working, walking the dog) it's fine for me. At it's price I can treat it less than delicately and not worry about it.
I recently spent 2 weeks with the Soundaware M1(PRO), and it's a nice player. Has the same chip as the Xduoo X3 so there is a similarity of sound. Yes it's almost 5 times
the cost of the X3 but it's more into upper mid to High end DAP. One thing I was impressed with was Soundaware's responsiveness to issues, the UI is a work in progress and
they are very willing to fix any errors. and no fussy touch screens or scroll wheels.

That is good to hear, it's nice to know another company which has a market interface that works. I looked at that unit but didn't like the button layout, too close together fo rmy hands.
That said about scroll wheels, I am taking a chance with the LP5 yet by every account I've read the wheel is well implemented, I'm soon to find out first hand.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #4,084 of 5,194
One major problem is heat. Depending on the connecting HP size, my X3 gets so hot to the point that when I fly, I have to shut off the unit after an hour of usage worrying it may combust.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #4,085 of 5,194
  On stock Xduoo x3,  if I have a 24/96 file,  can I set it to playback at 24/48,  or 16/44, or 16/48?  Sometimes the recording is dry in 24/96,  and the 16/44 adds space and juicyness. 

I have never heard or read of that phenomenon before.

I should say I am using a Xonar DS that is able to switch between 44, 48, 96, 198.   That of course is a hulking tower PC sound card and not a mini pocket player.
When you do it you can hear subtle differences in the soundstage and sound.
I listen to music through a Klipsch pro media 2.1 old one and three sets of speakers.
The stock Klipsch speakers,  TDC.5 minis-little copies of old two way speakers with cloth dome, and stacked on top some old Infinity desktop speakers that had the old single RCA plug and weird slanted back.

44 is open,  soundstage wide, stereo effects weaker,  but audio is warmer and tube ampier.
48 is booming bass, smaller stereo soundstage effect area-but really good stereo imaging
              treble also rises and is sharper in the cymbals.
96 don't listen to it much,  but it is sharper soundstage and stronger mid janglies in guitars,
               bass falls off.
192  smaller soundstage,  about the same sound as 96,  little smoother, same bass.

Now of course these Dacs are all sound dependent on the chips in them and the hrtz playback chosen.
I am new to the market here and am just wondering aloud.  Xduoo x3 isn't bad sounding I am sure.
I guess I should be asking what players do allow the choosing of different playback rates and down sampling etc.  Probably some 1,000 dollar rig.

Also I listen to my Xonar in Analog with a opa627sm module which I find amazing in it. 
So I don't even think that the X3 player can do analog and just uses the digital DAP.

I guess i'm so crazy I want a player that you can roll opamps into and out of to tailor the sound.
I was imagining hammering a bulge in the case to fit in some dual lme49710 to99 cans in a resolder
job. 
deadhorse.gif
  But that's just me.    Soldering a quick change port into the Xuelin 770c might be something I would be crazy enough to try now I got my anti static soldering station!  Then I could hammer the case and it would remind me of my old Spitfire with the 20mm cannon bulges for the bigger ammo magazine.   Yah I can tell you lots of things you never heard
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #4,086 of 5,194
........  Then I could hammer the case and it would remind me of my old Spitfire with the 20mm cannon bulges for the bigger ammo magazine.   Yah I can tell you lots of things you never heard:evil: .

You must a very mature music lover and I salute your presence here... For anybody who does not know, the Spitfire single-seat fighter plane was the only fighter plane that could match and even upstage (Mk. V) the Messerschmidt 109 during the Battle of Britain and WWII in Europe... so, wow, some seventy years ago...

wayne world has a fair point there... The Xonar Ds is a sound card, one of the features being various upsampling rates while X3 is a music player (no standalone DAC feature) converting digital files to analogue audio via LINE OUT and HEADPHONE OUT... so feel free to engage into the Battle of the Bulge (another WWII reference, in case somebody is wondering...) and play with the rolling of op amps.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #4,087 of 5,194
i am itching to buy a dap for christmas..
is x10 the way to go...

or do we need to wait for it to "mature" ? :p

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #4,089 of 5,194
Well hello everyone.
Im afraid I could do with someones help if at all possible.I recieved my X3 from Gearbest last Tuesday.I successfully rockboxed my x3 and all was well.Until my left headhone stopped working.When I pull the headphones out of the socket slightly the left one works but then the right one doesnt.Gutted.I believe it could be a dry solder or a faulty jack.I obviously have the option to send it all the way back to China and then wait for the replacement.All in all I am not gonna get this sorted out this side of the new year.
Now is there anyone on here who could repair this for me in the UK.I will obviously pay for all postage and will pay for the X3 to be repaired.
I will forever be grateful if someone could help me out please..I live in Cheshire and would be able to drive within reason to a shop or anyone who is close.
Not the best first ever post on here.So thanks in adavance 
​Adrian.

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #4,090 of 5,194
Sometimes headphone jacks have a little metal part on the side that you can press in to make the connection stronger and work properly again, but you'd have to open the case to see. However, if this is a new unit, seems like you'd want one to work perfectly right away.

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #4,092 of 5,194
i am itching to buy a dap for christmas..
is x10 the way to go...

or do we need to wait for it to "mature" ? :p

With xduoo you must not expect firmware's improvements. X3 was a genuine bestseller and had no updates but one minor graphics change. Besides X10 take the fiio's way with the scroll wheel and fiio players are much more stables. As other said you can wait for the new fiio x3 3rd but you can be sure is going to cost more than 200$.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #4,093 of 5,194
Hello there
May I ask , can the x3 play those headphones specs easily? Without the need of external amp attached to it ?

Ÿ Sensitivity : 105dB (at 1000Hz)
Ÿ Audio Bandwidth : 20Hz - 24KHz
ŸRate Impedance: 150 ohm (at 1000Hz)
Max. Input Power : 1000mV
Yuin g1a headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back