XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 15, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #4,066 of 5,194

I think 770s are easy to drive too. And desktop setup will scale them up.

I see from your list that you have the 80 Ohm 770s.  Candy has 250 ohm and my 880s are also 250 Ohm.  It was my understanding that these would be harder to drive than the 80 Ohm version.  Am I wrong?  I definitely had to crank the volume from the player pretty high.

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #4,067 of 5,194
  I see from your list that you have the 80 Ohm 770s.  Candy has 250 ohm and my 880s are also 250 Ohm.  It was my understanding that these would be harder to drive than the 80 Ohm version.  Am I wrong?  I definitely had to crank the volume from the player pretty high.

Of course you're right. 250 ohm is harder to driver. An amp can drive the full potential, while it' still enjoyable directly from X3.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #4,069 of 5,194
Hello there. I just got here and just buy too an Xduoo X3. After I buied people said that they have a lot of problems. Its 272 pages this thread. Can someone sum up the major problems here, please and what i can do about it to fix them?

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #4,072 of 5,194
i wanted the 770 250ohm to be my winter portable set up. it will work as an ear muff aswell during winter :).

Sounds like a plan...and you do have a little portable amp if you need it.

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #4,073 of 5,194
  Hello there. I just got here and just buy too an Xduoo X3. After I buied people said that they have a lot of problems. Its 272 pages this thread. Can someone sum up the major problems here, please and what i can do about it to fix them?

Most reported issues are resolved by installing RockBox third party firmware which also adds greater functionality etc: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/
You can switch back and forth between Xduoo firmware following a reboot sequence.....all covered in the release notes.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #4,074 of 5,194
Someone was saying the player got Rockboxed and its quieter now.  You have to go into the Rockbox settings and set it back to full volume.   All I read was it has stock installed 6db less setting and you have to set it to 0 I THINK.   I believe I read it in this thread towards the end, or somwhere's in it.  Or perhaps I read it in a post about screen flipping after a firmware update for some other player.  perhaps search "modifying Rockbox settings". 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3/990

Note Rockbox reduces playback to 16bit,  which negates the reason why I would want it, cause all my vinyl rips are in 24/96.

On stock Xduoo x3,  if I have a 24/96 file,  can I set it to playback at 24/48,  or 16/44, or 16/48?  Sometimes the recording is dry in 24/96,  and the 16/44 adds space and juicyness. 
So general question,  does the X3 allow setting you own preference down sample to a 24bit WAV?

Yeah I know Rockbox does it,  but I would rather be able to switch between them without installing Rockbox.   Most of the time I prefer 24/48.

Oh lolz I just noticed the post above,  you reboot it to switch between Rockbox and stock interface.  Interesting!

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #4,075 of 5,194

Someone was saying the player got Rockboxed and its quieter now.  You have to go into the Rockbox settings and set it back to full volume.   All I read was it has stock installed 6db less setting and you have to set it to 0 I THINK.   I believe I read it in this thread towards the end, or somwhere's in it.  Or perhaps I read it in a post about screen flipping after a firmware update for some other player.  perhaps search "modifying Rockbox settings". 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3/990

Note Rockbox reduces playback to 16bit,  which negates the reason why I would want it, cause all my vinyl rips are in 24/96.

On stock Xduoo x3,  if I have a 24/96 file,  can I set it to playback at 24/48,  or 16/44, or 16/48?  Sometimes the recording is dry in 24/96,  and the 16/44 adds space and juicyness. 
So general question,  does the X3 allow setting you own preference down sample to a 24bit WAV?

Yeah I know Rockbox does it,  but I would rather be able to switch between them without installing Rockbox.   Most of the time I prefer 24/48.

Oh lolz I just noticed the post above,  you reboot it to switch between Rockbox and stock interface.  Interesting!

If this is fact I'm going to refuse delivery of my X3, due any day. I can't believe this player is so cursed: it provides faulty playback speed and then no full res using RockBox.
Any chance RockBox can or will support 24/96 somehwere down the road?

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #4,076 of 5,194
Thanks. The new ones remains with the same problems?

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #4,077 of 5,194
Most reported issues are resolved by installing RockBox third party firmware which also adds greater functionality etc: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/
You can switch back and forth between Xduoo firmware following a reboot sequence.....all covered in the release notes.

Thanks. The new ones remains with the same problems ?

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #4,078 of 5,194
Thanks. The new ones remains with the same problems?

They never fixed the issues that have been mentioned and most likely never will. If you are happy to rockbox it and do not care about 24 bit files, it is a great little player. i wanted the dual card slots, the solid compact size and the buttons.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #4,079 of 5,194
If this is fact I'm going to refuse delivery of my X3, due any day. I can't believe this player is so cursed: it provides faulty playback speed and then no full res using RockBox.
Any chance RockBox can or will support 24/96 somehwere down the road?
The player is already more than a year old now in the market. since there werent any recent updates, i think u cannot expect the same. But again at the price there is no competition for the sound. I guess anything under 100 $/€/£ would be inferior in sound department to these.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #4,080 of 5,194
The player is already more than a year old now in the market. since there werent any recent updates, i think u cannot expect the same. But again at the price there is no competition for the sound. I guess anything under 100 $/€/£ would be inferior in sound department to these.

Good point. It's an industry in great flux and one by one I'm eliminating companies with which I won't do business, or at least will be extremely cautious with any new offerings.
Cayin is a good company, so is Lotoo, and I know the list will get longer as I expand my inventory of gear. Even though I returned my N5 I liked the audio quality and very much wanted to keep it, but that meant accepting a faulty scroll wheel and I couldn't live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back