XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #4,112 of 5,194
go for the black one it's the one on sale. The code is Seborxduoo hope it works for you

thanks so much! it must be a better deal in EU because for me it brings the price down to $73.15 which is only 16 cents more than the Tomtop price! i might use tomtop anyway cause they have it in silver..... dang! i really wanted the gold one!

but gearbest has a way better free shipping option... hmm!!!

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #4,115 of 5,194
Hi all. Well after reading all 4114 posts I've gone ahead and ordered my first player capable of lossless playback. For the past four years I've used and enjoyed my Sony Walkman NWZ-S639Fs 16GB player, but it's showing its age, battery life just doesn't last. So after much perusing and checking and perusing again, I've ordered the X3. I use both in ear, no-name-but-great-sounding, and a pair of Superlux HD-662 so looking forward to reporting on the audio upgrade I'm expecting from the X3. I've been listening to flac and aiff files on my iMac so also look forward to seeing if the X3 can outpace the Mac!

My music choice is mainly 80's stuff but I can be found lost in Coldplay or if my dad's been over, some classical stuff he's gently shoved me towards. I can't be doing with country music, but a bit of zydeco is OK, and if I've been listening to Andy Kershaw on the BBC World Service then who knows!

So now we wait for Amazon to deliver.....tick tock.

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #4,118 of 5,194
Yes, due to the pitch error.

Yea , i know , ive read about that. Other than that? Like smaller soundstage, darker sound, less detailed/airy and the likes?

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #4,120 of 5,194
Yea , i know , ive read about that. Other than that? Like smaller soundstage, darker sound, less detailed/airy and the likes?
I dont know what others feel. But I felt the stock cleaner by a tiny margin. But rockbox is better than the fiio X1, so under 100 bucks there is no competition. I think xduoo should have made this as a super budget dac amp combo, instead of a player with bugs.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #4,121 of 5,194
Hi...

I bought X3 recently from AliExpress with Ceramic headphones bundle and am expecting delivery in few days. Now I would like to know whether I should buy good and powerful headphones to enjoy the experience. Please help me guys in choosing nice paired headphones matching this player as I am noob.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #4,122 of 5,194
Hi...

I bought X3 recently from AliExpress with Ceramic headphones bundle and am expecting delivery in few days. Now I would like to know whether I should buy good and powerful headphones to enjoy the experience. Please help me guys in choosing nice paired headphones matching this player as I am noob.

It really depends of your own taste and wallet. So what kind of music are you listening and what's the budget? 

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #4,123 of 5,194
It really depends of your own taste and wallet. So what kind of music are you listening and what's the budget? 
If you don't break the bank, AKG k52 sounds good with this. I have a k550 which is much more expensive. But, apart from a lack of soundstage, and some details it gives the sense of 550 in some ways, which is very good in my opinion. I used monks (venture electronics) which also sounded good. Xduoos amp has good power to drive low impedance headphones well.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4,124 of 5,194
Hi...

I would say the Soundmagic E10 or my fav the Ostry KC06a are great iems for the x3

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #4,125 of 5,194
Thank you for the suggestions. But I am interested in Headphones (not earphones). However, I shall look into your suggestions too. Basically, I am going listen Beat songs and also Indian filmy songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back