XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jun 14, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,422 of 5,194

I have win10 and i couldn't format to fat32 with this programm so i said "what the hell" and i started copying with exfat :p
I will check rb later on. Any ideas on how to format fat32 on win10 ?

Yes on windows we cant format over 32GB in FAT32.
To do that on Windows 10 I use EaseUS Partition Master. There is a free version working well.

Well, you actually can format larger than 32GB with an allocation unit of 4096 in Win10 by going to the "command line," and entering this : Format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096 (where X is the drive that the card is recognized on for your computer). With my combination of drives on my computer, my next available letter is F. My command line to format the three cards I've done it with has been Format F: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096. I've done this 2X on 64GB and as I type this, I'm formatting a 128GB SD. Windows still runs on DOS commands, and this is what we had to do in the 1990s to format any disc.The format process is SLOW and if there are errors found in the card's physical structure, you can find yourself in a situation where you may not have the knowledge to extricate yourself. I'm not liable for your mistakes... 

Right click on the Start Window in the bottom left corner of your desktop. Click on Run. Enter this line exactly (taking note of where you put spaces and where you don't)

Format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096 (once again, change X to whatever drive letter gets assigned to the card

Its very easy, really. Format X: is the command. Each sequence that begins with a forward slash is a "switch" that activates something for the command to follow. /FS:FAT32 tells the command to format File System 32 and the /A:4096 tells it to do 4096 bytes in the Allocation unit.

It goes Format (space) X: (space) /F:FAT32 (space) /A:4096 (hit Enter) and follow the directions on the screen.

Order a pizza. It's gonna take hours to format a 128GB card.

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #3,423 of 5,194
Hey uglyboy,

Each card must have the Rockbox folder/file on it. It doesn't take much space. Whatever Rockbox stuff is on the first card, just copy it to the root of the second.

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #3,424 of 5,194

Yes, they're not going to fix the x3 problems. But release a x3plus instead.

You are so wrong...

- "Tony, there are rumors on headfi forum that you stop working on new firmware to xDuoo x3 and stop support at all, is it true?"
- "Nope, that is not true. We are still selling X3 and still supporting X3, but I'm just tired of telling hundreds of people everyday why we haven't updated our firmware yet"

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #3,425 of 5,194

You are so wrong...

- "Tony, there are rumors on headfi forum that you stop working on new firmware to xDuoo x3 and stop support at all, is it true?"
- "Nope, that is not true. We are still selling X3 and still supporting X3, but I'm just tired of telling hundreds of people everyday why we haven't updated our firmware yet"

He didn't mention if they will update the original fw though .
Smart answer showing commitment but no solution ...

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #3,427 of 5,194
Yeah but can you imagine how many emails they've gotten like "hey fix this fix that also rockbox"?

I won't count on a new firmware but i'm glad enough to hear they won't stop selling or supporting it.

Jun 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #3,428 of 5,194

You are so wrong...

@Tony...
If your're tired of telling hundreds of people why you haven't updated your firmware there's an easy solution.
Fix and update the Firmware...
How hard can it be why you have XVortex's rockbox code?

I'd also suggest you answer emails, posts of facebook and contact us from website. I've tried all 3 concerning the X3 and in 6 or 7 attempted contacts
have never received any response...

You have a great product, but your customer service leaves much to be desired.

Jun 15, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,429 of 5,194
  @Tony...
If your're tired of telling hundreds of people why you haven't updated your firmware there's an easy solution.

I'd also suggest you answer emails, posts of facebook and contact us from website. I've tried all 3 concerning the X3 and in 6 or 7 attempted contacts

XVortex chose to make his port closed source. nobody can help with it...

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #3,430 of 5,194
didn't know that, thought Rockbox by design was open source.

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #3,431 of 5,194
Hey all!

I'm thinking of buying an XDuoo X3. 

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it with the Aurisonics Rockets? If so, is the pairing okay?

Thanks!

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #3,432 of 5,194
Well, you actually can format larger than 32GB with an allocation unit of 4096 in Win10 by going to the "command line," and entering this : Format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096 (where X is the drive that the card is recognized on for your computer). With my combination of drives on my computer, my next available letter is F. My command line to format the three cards I've done it with has been Format F: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096. I've done this 2X on 64GB and as I type this, I'm formatting a 128GB SD. Windows still runs on DOS commands, and this is what we had to do in the 1990s to format any disc.The format process is SLOW and if there are errors found in the card's physical structure, you can find yourself in a situation where you may not have the knowledge to extricate yourself. I'm not liable for your mistakes... 

Right click on the Start Window in the bottom left corner of your desktop. Click on Run. Enter this line exactly (taking note of where you put spaces and where you don't)

Format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:4096 (once again, change X to whatever drive letter gets assigned to the card

Its very easy, really. Format X: is the command. Each sequence that begins with a forward slash is a "switch" that activates something for the command to follow. /FS:FAT32 tells the command to format File System 32 and the /A:4096 tells it to do 4096 bytes in the Allocation unit.

It goes Format (space) X: (space) /F:FAT32 (space) /A:4096 (hit Enter) and follow the directions on the screen.

Great solution that initially seemed to work.
But when it got to 99-100% (took exactly two hours to format ) I got an invalid cluster size (or allocation number, don't remember) and the sd card was unavailable (not formatted at all).
Maybe it wants a different size than A:4096 ?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #3,433 of 5,194

@Tony...

XVortex chose to make his port closed source. nobody can help with it...

Vapman,
   He has posted his code on GitHub http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/source.htm so it is definately NOT closed.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,434 of 5,194

Great solution that initially seemed to work.
But when it got to 99-100% (took exactly two hours to format ) I got an invalid cluster size (or allocation number, don't remember) and the sd card was unavailable (not formatted at all).
Maybe it wants a different size than A:4096 ?

Thanks in advance.

No it should be 4096.  Go to the Rockbox xDuoo X3 thread and see post #6 which identifies a ultility you can use to take care of business.  Many many have had success with it.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #3,435 of 5,194
You can format FAT32 in Windows 10

If you change some parameters in Windows 10 you can format with FAT32.  Instructions are for USB flash drive but memory cards should work as well.

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
  • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
  • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
  • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the Properties dialog box.
  • Click Policies tab.
  • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press OK.
  •  Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
  • Select FAT32 in the File System field.
  • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back