XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jun 18, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,436 of 5,194
Hi guys, this is a little bit off-topic. I still didn't receive my X3 from TomTop. Shipped on May 6 via DHL Global Mail. Stuck in Frankfurt since May 12. Just wondering, is there any similar problem here with DHL and lithium powered devices?

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #3,437 of 5,194
Hi guys, this is a little bit off-topic. I still didn't receive my X3 from TomTop. Shipped on May 6 via DHL Global Mail. Stuck in Frankfurt since May 12. Just wondering, is there any similar problem here with DHL and lithium powered devices?

Well, yours is farther along than mine. Mine shows leaving China on May 10. It then entered the bermuda triangle and hasn't been heard of since :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #3,438 of 5,194
I received my Xduoo X3 on Friday. It's a little smaller (physical size) than I anticipated. Sounds good. Though I noticed the "pitch" issue - listening to some songs is like listening in slow motion. Almost thought of returning it, but decided to Rockbox it. I read through the Rockbox thread(thanks Head-Fi'ers!). Sounds better.:)

wink.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,439 of 5,194
  I received my Xduoo X3 on Friday. It's a little smaller (physical size) than I anticipated. Sounds good. Though I noticed the "pitch" issue - listening to some songs is like listening in slow motion. Almost thought of returning it, but decided to Rockbox it. I read through the Rockbox thread(thanks Head-Fi'ers!). Sounds better.:)

wink.gif

So, with Rockbox, no pitch issue whatsoever?

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #3,440 of 5,194
One of the main "selling points" for RockBox is the pitch issuefix.
wink.gif

Here you go - http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3,442 of 5,194
  Should I get x3 or wait to x3 plus?

The X3 is a known quantity; the X3+ isn't.  Your choice, buy now or wait for the newer model.

One significant factor you might want to consider is that xDuoo evidenced poor firmware with their X3 and have essentially abondoned further refinement.  XVortex's Rockbox port solved most all the issues and with the X3's hardware made for an excellent budget DAP.  No clue as to whether the X3+ will likewise be plagued by poor firmware despite the firm's established sound hardware development.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #3,443 of 5,194

The X3 is a known quantity; the X3+ isn't.  Your choice, buy now or wait for the newer model.

One significant factor you might want to consider is that xDuoo evidenced poor firmware with their X3 and have essentially abondoned further refinement.  XVortex's Rockbox port solved most all the issues and with the X3's hardware made for an excellent budget DAP.  No clue as to whether the X3+ will likewise be plagued by poor firmware despite the firm's established sound hardware development.

I guess it also depends on exactly what the + means.  I was interested in the in the X3 until I read about the pitch issue.  If the + version not only fixes the pitch issue and some other bugs but improves the battery life to say 15+ hours and adds bluetooth then it could be a winner.   Fiio has mentioned adding bluetooth to the new M5 model and battery life of 24+ hours although with considerably less power than the X3.   It could be interesting to compare the M5 to the X3+ when they come out.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #3,444 of 5,194
I guess it also depends on exactly what the + means.  I was interested in the in the X3 until I read about the pitch issue.  If the + version not only fixes the pitch issue and some other bugs but improves the battery life to say 15+ hours and adds bluetooth then it could be a winner.   Fiio has mentioned adding bluetooth to the new M5 model and battery life of 24+ hours although with considerably less power than the X3.   It could be interesting to compare the M5 to the X3+ when they come out.

You do of course understand that Rockboxing the X3 completely eliminates the pitch issue, right?

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #3,445 of 5,194

You do of course understand that Rockboxing the X3 completely eliminates the pitch issue, right?

Also, Though I was not completely happy about those issues, not addressed by Xduoo.. Still after 6 months of use: I am still not considering an upgrade. And the reason is : this device is a pure performance for the price, I am convinced, that to get a sound upgrade, I must atleast pay double this price. After using for this period, now I got used to keys well, that I browse to the next and prev folders, without taking it out of the pocket. Thanks to the ergonomic layout! I remember I had wrong button presses with my FiiO x3 (gen 1) even after 2 years of use. And recently I had a small battery issue, but once I found my rockbox got corrupted somehow, I reinstalled it again, and now its all safe. I use it really rough, and I am convinced, its durable too. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #3,446 of 5,194

The pitch issue can be fixed by Rockbox. RB also provide some other good features, like EQ.

For the battery, Xduoo X3 (2000mAh) is comparable with Fiio X1 (1700mAh). But the phone output power, Xduoo X3 (250mW@32ohm) is much higher than Fioo X1 (65mW). That's why FiiO X1 last much longer than Xduoo X3. The output power is very important to the listening experience, if you don't use an additional amp.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #3,447 of 5,194
I don't think the theoretical output power has much to do with the battery life on these devices. Very few people will ever run them above a few milliwatts. You could battery bench them on mute to be sure but I bet battery life doesnt get much better.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,448 of 5,194
@Tony
If your're tired of telling hundreds of people why you haven't updated your firmware there's an easy solution.
Fix and update the Firmware...
How hard can it be why you have XVortex's rockbox code?

I'd also suggest you answer emails, posts of facebook and contact us from website. I've tried all 3 concerning the X3 and in 6 or 7 attempted contacts
have never received any response...

You have a great product, but your customer service leaves much to be desired.

OK, I have to say I'm very confused. I had a Xduoo x3 and a xuelin 770c both great daps with different firmware issues. I had rockboxed it both and in the two cases have the same problem: the SQ goes down clearly and have a great hiss on the background. I had read carefully the two threads about this two players and nobody but three people seems to notice that issue on rockbox version which is very noticeable because the most of the people here is looking for sound excellence and with rockbox you loose it at all (it down sample the hi res files!). Finally I had back to the stock firmwares in the two cases and for the pitch issue I'm converting files in order to find the best format to avoid it because I don't want to have a rockboxed x3 sounding as bad as my old cowon d20.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #3,449 of 5,194
You are so wrong...

- "Tony, there are rumors on headfi forum that you stop working on new firmware to xDuoo x3 and stop support at all, is it true?"
[COLOR=000000]- "Nope, that is not true. We are still selling X3 and still supporting X3, but I'm just tired of telling hundreds of people everyday why we haven't updated our firmware yet"[/COLOR]

It's nice to hear that but He don't answer the question, why they didn't upgrade the firmware? He just have to put right here a post telling the reason and I'm pretty sure that thousands of people are going to have the answer and leave the xduoo customer service in peace...

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #3,450 of 5,194

Mine arrived in less than two weeks. I'm in Ireland. I ordered on the 22nd/23rd of May and it arrived in Ireland on the 3rd of June, although I didn't receive it until the 7th (Bank Holiday Weekend). Although, I used normal post, not DHL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back