XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #4,996 of 5,194
Hi yes got it for that price, still charging up as I type...stuck two sd cards in ready... but was thinking what the Cue function was for. Etc. ...not sure about specs, batt ect. ...but not opening it up....box says 2017

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #4,997 of 5,194
Think long and hard before you decide to rockbox it. It's pretty much a one way street that stops you using the original firmware, sooner or later. Mine stopped booting in the original after a couple of months. Until then I thought I was one of the lucky ones, but no, it happend to mine too, and I'm not happy about it. I want to use it to play my own home made DSD files. I think I will do what you just did and get a cheap new one ( and NEVER rockbox it ).

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #4,998 of 5,194
I won't be doing the rock box...never used it before even on my Sansa clips....

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #4,999 of 5,194
The seller on ebay UK...seems ok....contacted him, and he replied back quickly.. They are new and boxed. Silver or black....you choose at check out....came within 3 days.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #5,000 of 5,194
Think long and hard before you decide to rockbox it. It's pretty much a one way street that stops you using the original firmware, sooner or later. Mine stopped booting in the original after a couple of months. Until then I thought I was one of the lucky ones, but no, it happend to mine too, and I'm not happy about it. I want to use it to play my own home made DSD files. I think I will do what you just did and get a cheap new one ( and NEVER rockbox it ).

That's not really true anymore.

For a long time, I was unable to boot into the stock firmware, had random lockups etc. I manually reflashed the latest version (a Win7 PC is required), and it has worked 100% flawlessly ever since. I boot into the stock firmware all the time now, and there are zero issues (such as freezing or panic creashes) on the Rockbox side.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #5,001 of 5,194
I doubt i will be booting or rock boxing to be honest, Hopefully just turn on and play from folders...But what's this Cue function mean and do......????... thanks.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #5,002 of 5,194
I doubt i will be booting or rock boxing to be honest, Hopefully just turn on and play from folders...But what's this Cue function mean and do......????... thanks.

I've never used that function, but it's likely referring to Cue files. Cue files are used for playing disc images. They're kind of like a table of contents for the image file, storing the individual track listing metadata.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #5,004 of 5,194
That's not really true anymore.

For a long time, I was unable to boot into the stock firmware, had random lockups etc. I manually reflashed the latest version (a Win7 PC is required), and it has worked 100% flawlessly ever since. I boot into the stock firmware all the time now, and there are zero issues (such as freezing or panic creashes) on the Rockbox side.

Do you mean the reflash was a rockbox reflash ( latest version? ) or an Xduoo firmware reflash ?

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #5,005 of 5,194
the X3 does not have gapless play, some people like to rip albums into one long file so it will play gapless (as opposed to having each song as a separate file) ; the cue option allows you to see where you are in one long album file.

I rockboxed mine so I would have gapless play plus I did not like the pitch error with the stock firmware.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #5,006 of 5,194
Well charged up...plugged into one of my Bluetooth speakers, with aux in....firstly into the headphone output , had to go up to about 80 ish....then adjust speaker volume to suit......not bad..... Then went into the line out, which only uses speaker volume, turned speaker up etc.....very good .... I have read somewhere that on this player there is a gain ? Which you can alter etc...?? ....... All I want to do really is pick one of the sd card folders...then just play from start to finish..one CD after the other etc.....Don't know if this test will stop after the first cd.....its player now, and gapless or not....this is fine for me..... Any Tips Or info out there please let me know. Ok
But not doing any rebooting , rock box stuff.....doubt I'll need it.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,008 of 5,194
Up to now I would say if I'm going to link up to my main Hi fi amp, with aux etc.....I would just do the Same as I'm doing now when using my speakers with 3,5mm to 3.5mm lead......Sounds good enough for me...and this is on test with a Aukey S1. Speaker.......Then only using the headphone output when using headphones.....etc

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #5,009 of 5,194
Well charged up...plugged into one of my Bluetooth speakers, with aux in....firstly into the headphone output , had to go up to about 80 ish....then adjust speaker volume to suit......not bad..... Then went into the line out, which only uses speaker volume, turned speaker up etc.....very good .... I have read somewhere that on this player there is a gain ? Which you can alter etc...?? ....... All I want to do really is pick one of the sd card folders...then just play from start to finish..one CD after the other etc.....Don't know if this test will stop after the first cd.....its player now, and gapless or not....this is fine for me..... Any Tips Or info out there please let me know. Ok
But not doing any rebooting , rock box stuff.....doubt I'll need it.

You've got the right idea. It's a good sounding player and the rockboxed version doesn't have that same good sound. If they hadn't screwed up the speed of 44.1k files it was a genius player. I know it plays DSD files perfectly because I managed to test that before I got locked into rockbox.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,010 of 5,194
I'm from the UK.. so ebay UK...there was 2 sellers...both same price...from Kidderminster. One on for £48 + post, one on for £39.99 + post...called laceybentley..item, 153308647358..... the one I used is the same called, Ordmygod.and item no....323703812942

Users who are viewing this thread

Back