XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 6, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #5,026 of 5,194
What's the maximum number of tracks this play can show if in Play All Mode......as its looking like only 5000.
The thing is with two cards in....with about 12.000 tracks on each card ....after player update of files..etc
It's looking like when in Play All Mode , it's joined the two cards together....some from each card in order...is this about right........So to play all from only the one card you have to remove the other card I assume .

I hope someone with experience of large numbers of files can help you with that. I really only use the player to pop a small card in with a few fresh files.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #5,027 of 5,194
What's the maximum number of tracks this play can show if in Play All Mode......as its looking like only 5000.
The thing is with two cards in....with about 12.000 tracks on each card ....after player update of files..etc
It's looking like when in Play All Mode , it's joined the two cards together....some from each card in order...is this about right........So to play all from only the one card you have to remove the other card I assume .

I have roughly 20k files between my 2 cards. Rockbox supports way more than that, but I forget the exact number. There’s Rockbox settings to adjust that, which optimizes the allocation of memory and the database.

I don’t know the limit on the stock firmware, but I know it’s much lower than Rockbox’s maximum.

FYI, if you use the ‘folder browse’ method of playing your music, none of these limits really mean much. It’s mainly when you want to catalog your music to build ‘play/shuffle all’ playlists. That’s when the limits start coming into play.

The files are simple text files, that can be edited with a text editor. For example, on Rockbox (at least), I was able to exceed the limit by building playlists in smaller chunks. Then I used a text editor and joined all of the files into 1 monster playlist.

The above method seemed to work for some special situations, like for example when it didn’t like huge playlists that spanned both cards. But when I combined the text files, I could literally copy and paste anything I wanted (different cards, any order I wanted, delete individual songs, etc).

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #5,028 of 5,194
Thanks for info...think I understand most of it....But I won't be doing rock box.., I underdtand that in folders mode, the X3 dies play my cds in order, But stops after each cd, file......And in random mode it only plays the actual cd, file in a different order.... Don't think I can shuffle, random play all folders automatically. ... But when I went to Play All Mode, Firstly I had to update the X3 library, which I did on both ad cards....about 12.000. Tracks on each card.... But now playing all files ( not folders ) ......it goes into a numbered order.....say 400 cds.....BUT all the teack no.1 s first , then all the teack no.2......etc......but can only see 5000 files when playing any track......in the read out info..... I.e track 3050 of 5000, etc......Does this sound right ? ......If yes, that's fine.....As I can go to my folders at anytime.

Mar 6, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #5,029 of 5,194
Thanks for info...think I understand most of it....But I won't be doing rock box.., I underdtand that in folders mode, the X3 dies play my cds in order, But stops after each cd, file......And in random mode it only plays the actual cd, file in a different order.... Don't think I can shuffle, random play all folders automatically. ... But when I went to Play All Mode, Firstly I had to update the X3 library, which I did on both ad cards....about 12.000. Tracks on each card.... But now playing all files ( not folders ) ......it goes into a numbered order.....say 400 cds.....BUT all the teack no.1 s first , then all the teack no.2......etc......but can only see 5000 files when playing any track......in the read out info..... I.e track 3050 of 5000, etc......Does this sound right ? ......If yes, that's fine.....As I can go to my folders at anytime.

Ok, I did a search in the other X3 thread, and this guy says the stock firmware limit is 3k.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rockbox-xduoo-x3.803844/page-55#post-12950282

So if you want to do all 12k of your songs, you’re going to have to do Rockbox friend.

And this isn’t all that uncommon. I used to follow the budget ChiFi DAP thread, and most of these devices have somewhat low file limits. So xduoo isn’t unique in that respect.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #5,030 of 5,194
My Xduoo X3 artived today, and at half the price, got to be worth a try..
Where did you get it for half the price?

Soory to post if on wrong thread....but o my X3 , How and whats this Cue function about...thanks.
CUE Sheet Supports splitting songs by CUE Sheet and skipping through tracks within CUE Sheet Specifications. If you have a long file or audiobook, podcast etc. the cues help you navigate through the "tracks".

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #5,031 of 5,194
Djbobby...on UK Ebay two sellers selling Inc post for about £43. . I have ordered a silver one yesterday, so got two different colours..The next price on Ebay is £48 + post.....Think these cost about £80 + back in the day.

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #5,032 of 5,194
Are you guys really sure you can't hear the slow down-paced "sleepy" sound of the 44.1k files ?

It drove me nuts. :)

It seems VERY unlikely that XDUOO fixed it. They just abandoned it and moved on, as far as I could see.

They'd have to re design the board and set the clock multipliers (or should I say dividers) differently to fix it. If they did that, they would have crowed about it and we would have been told.

I used to have a black one and I could hear it on that, I have recently pulled a silver one back into service which was bought about a year after the (now defunct) black one and I cannot detect the error at all, I have been testing along side other DAPs and there doesnt appear to be a difference. I haven't done anything more scientific like time it though. I think I will remain in my bubble of ignorance.

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #5,033 of 5,194
Would you say each battery bar is roughly 2 hours each.....4 bars = 8hr..
I have so far been using my new black one via a 3.5mm lead into my hi fi amp....out from the line out...and a little of headphone use.. getting 8 hr max I would say.....100 max volume for line out.....And about 40 for headphones.
Getting my silver one tomorrow. ...so gonna test that on headphone use only see how much I get.
Had a shock earlier....swooped from line out using speaker.....to headphone output.....BUT the volume hadn't dropped from 100.........WOW....quickly tried to turn volume down......Nothing ??? Quickly pulled off headphones, turned player off, then back on .....All ok back to 40........??

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #5,034 of 5,194
Would you say each battery bar is roughly 2 hours each.....4 bars = 8hr..
I have so far been using my new black one via a 3.5mm lead into my hi fi amp....out from the line out...and a little of headphone use.. getting 8 hr max I would say.....100 max volume for line out.....And about 40 for headphones.
Getting my silver one tomorrow. ...so gonna test that on headphone use only see how much I get.
Had a shock earlier....swooped from line out using speaker.....to headphone output.....BUT the volume hadn't dropped from 100.........WOW....quickly tried to turn volume down......Nothing ??? Quickly pulled off headphones, turned player off, then back on .....All ok back to 40........??

It doesn’t automatically re-detect when you switch between the jacks while in use. You have to reboot (at which point it will detect which jack is in use and adjust accordingly).

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #5,035 of 5,194
Slater, thanks for the info.....Well my Silver X3 turned up today , same seller..
Strange ? My Black one as two 64gb cards in And in Random Play all songs , looks like max songs less than the Silver X3....? ......which as one 64gb, and one 32gb card in. ??

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #5,037 of 5,194
Yes I believe its. 128gb each slot..

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #5,038 of 5,194
Wanting to get two sdhc cards for an x3. Is the max it can take two 256GB crards one per slot or 2 128GB cards one per slot?

I have used all of the following with zero problems:

2x128GB
2x256GB
1x400GB + 1x256GB

I’m planning on going to 2x512GB soon.

You just have to make sure to test the cards with a fake flash tester, and also format to FAT32.

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #5,039 of 5,194
Got a pair now...
20190309_132015.jpg

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5,040 of 5,194
Only thing don't understand is why one seems to have more max tracks to play from in random mode...
20190309_131031.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back