Rockbox Xduoo X3
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #811 of 2,617
Quote:
  Dude, you're so right.  The built-in card reader is painfully slow.  While we're nitpicking, the screen is also impossible to see in the sun. XDuoo, are you listening?

I can barely see the screen in my living room during the day!  Not sure what they could do to improve it.  I am very happy with it overall, especially considering the price and how great it works with rockbox.

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #812 of 2,617
Dude, you're so right.  The built-in card reader is painfully slow.  While we're nitpicking, the screen is also impossible to see in the sun. XDuoo, are you listening?

I think I get around the same battery life as you, when playing mostly FLAC files (mostly 16-bit but a few 24-bit) through the line out.  Around 6 hours, by my very rough estimates.  I presume that the battery life must indeed be affected by how much data we are asking the processor and DAC to handle.  But mine never discharges when powered off, regardless of whether it shuts down automatically or by me holding the button down.  I often just pause it and let it auto shut down.  And I always keep my cables plugged in.  You may have an issue with your battery.

Hopefully not.
I play 16 bit Flac.  Maybe ALAC files do use more power?  Someone should know.  Do you skip and repeat tracks a lot?  I have heard that uses more power.  I am an album listener.  I always listed to an album straight through and then either shut down or listen to another whole album.  Also I think I have always listened at lower volume levels than many people.  It seems that should not make any difference though as I am usually controlling the volume with the portable amp.  If you are not on the go you can still use the Xduoo with a USB charger.  I use the same one as I do with  my tablet.  I cannot use the amp while it is charging so that is when I plug my most efficient headphones directly into the Xduoo.

I am an album listener as well. Generally listens to the entire thing.

I have about 180gb of music in two 128gb cards, so it may be because the dap spends a lot of time and energy looking for the data.

Me x3 also crashes quite frequently, esp when battery is low.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #813 of 2,617
Hopefully not.
I am an album listener as well. Generally listens to the entire thing.

I have about 180gb of music in two 128gb cards, so it may be because the dap spends a lot of time and energy looking for the data.

Me x3 also crashes quite frequently, esp when battery is low.

I have about the same amount of music on mine.  Mine has never crashed.  I have had it for about 3 months and usually use it every day for a couple of hours.  I have never listened to it all day as I also have a listening setup at my computer.  A dac/headphone amp connected to a little amp that powers my speakers and sub.  I generally use the Xduoo when sitting in the living room or when I am moving about.  I hope you are able to sort out your issues and that there is nothing wrong with it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #818 of 2,617
i've read on the rockbox website that it has FM option if there is a receiver on the unit. Now my question to all xduoo x3 owner can you verify that there is FM settings and if it does work. Iknow that not everyone bought this unit for the fm but for me i love to mix things up specially during rush hour where there are a lot of radio station where i live that does Rush hour mix.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #819 of 2,617
i've read on the rockbox website that it has FM option if there is a receiver on the unit. Now my question to all xduoo x3 owner can you verify that there is FM settings and if it does work. Iknow that not everyone bought this unit for the fm but for me i love to mix things up specially during rush hour where there are a lot of radio station where i live that does Rush hour mix.

I don't believe mine has an FM receiver option. Can't find it if it does.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #823 of 2,617
What is the file scanning limit when using Rockbox?

According to an enquiry that I made with the manufacturer, whilst it is possible for up to 50,000 tracks to be loaded into storage, the stock firmware will only scan a maximum of 3000, which seems to be a severe limitation of this player.

I have 16000 MP3 files and would like to have them all scanned and available, so wondered if Rockbox can exceed the limit imposed by the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back