XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #5,011 of 5,194
Do you mean the reflash was a rockbox reflash ( latest version? ) or an Xduoo firmware reflash ?

Rockbox. The latest version. Someone had some sort of revelation, which led to XVortex fixing something and issuing the latest version. I forget the details, but if you read the last 10 pages or so I'm you'll see.

Anyways, I reflashed my device using the manual method, and it resolved all the issues I was having. It's a brilliant update, and totally usable now.

However, as you mentioned the stock firmware does sound much better than Rockbox. And the stock firmware has the pitch bug that will never be fixed by xduoo. So it's a catch 22...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #5,012 of 5,194
@mbwilson111 What Rockbox version do you have on your x3?
@funkymartyn Do you have an ebay link to the seller with the x3's for 39? I checked and hoping i've looked at the wrong page but it said sold out.
See my above post ...numbers on there...ok......don't know if these post out of the UK , as battery etc

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #5,014 of 5,194
I appear to have an X3 that doesn't exhibit the pitch error in stock FW
Same for me . Sounds very good to me. Then again I only have a few fixed memory sonys, Sansa clips , agptek Imps. Etc

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #5,015 of 5,194
I appear to have an X3 that doesn't exhibit the pitch error in stock FW

How long of a song did you play? It's quite subtle, and can be detected with the use of a stopwatch.

Playback of standard music files (16 and 24-bit @44.1kHz) is slowed by 30 seconds per hour. So if you play music totaling 60 minutes, it will actually take 60.5 minutes to finish. I personally don't really notice the issue, but it bothers a lot of people.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #5,016 of 5,194
Right then...after playing one cd ( one file ) pkayer stops.....how can you have continuous play from one cd to the next ???? Apart from what I can see , Random play.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #5,018 of 5,194
I put my cds on to Windows Meadia etc....on what I think was highest quality. ...well on this xduoo screen its saying 16 bit, and 44 k.......???.... This about right.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #5,019 of 5,194
Here's the other issue with the X3:

I saw this video.....but I'm ok with it....no sound issues for me.
How long of a song did you play? It's quite subtle, and can be detected with the use of a stopwatch.

Playback of standard music files (16 and 24-bit @44.1kHz) is slowed by 30 seconds per hour. So if you play music totaling 60 minutes, it will actually take 60.5 minutes to finish. I personally don't really notice the issue, but it bothers a lot of people.
Mine seem to be recorded at. 16 bit, and. 44 k from my lap top, using Windows media player. ...I'm ok

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #5,020 of 5,194
Are you guys really sure you can't hear the slow down-paced "sleepy" sound of the 44.1k files ?

It drove me nuts. :)

It seems VERY unlikely that XDUOO fixed it. They just abandoned it and moved on, as far as I could see.

They'd have to re design the board and set the clock multipliers (or should I say dividers) differently to fix it. If they did that, they would have crowed about it and we would have been told.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #5,021 of 5,194
Right then...I have two 64 64gb cards in....And firstly have been playing from folder no.1....and it seems to play one full cd then stops....can't play from one cd to the next without manually doing it.....But when going to Play all songs.. I had to update the player to read all my 64gb cards.....which it did...about 12.000 tracks on each card.... Then it goes into a number order...teack no.1 on every cd first and also in alphabetical order too.....Slow to scroll up and down... But reckon I can live with this...

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #5,022 of 5,194
Are you guys really sure you can't hear the slow down-paced "sleepy" sound of the 44.1k files ?

It drove me nuts. :)

It seems VERY unlikely that XDUOO fixed it. They just abandoned it and moved on, as far as I could see.

They'd have to re design the board and set the clock multipliers (or should I say dividers) differently to fix it. If they did that, they would have crowed about it and we would have been told.

I assumed it was a simple software bug? If it was hardware, hiwndoes it work properly in Rockbox (running on the same hardware)?

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #5,023 of 5,194
Just done my two cards about 12.000 tracks on each card.....But how many total songs does this. X3 show when in the All songs mode.....it's only looking like. 5000......

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #5,024 of 5,194
I assumed it was a simple software bug? If it was hardware, hiwndoes it work properly in Rockbox (running on the same hardware)?

No, I think it was hardware, but Vortex did a software adjustment. That might have something to do with why the rockbox sound is not as nice as the the original. Only a guess tho'. Didn't I read here somewhere that rockbox uses the battery up faster than the original ?

If Xduoo only had to fix the software, they surely would have.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #5,025 of 5,194
What's the maximum number of tracks this play can show if in Play All Mode......as its looking like only 5000.
The thing is with two cards in....with about 12.000 tracks on each card ....after player update of files..etc
It's looking like when in Play All Mode , it's joined the two cards together....some from each card in order...is this about right........So to play all from only the one card you have to remove the other card I assume .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back