XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #4,981 of 5,194
Are you sure that the resolution of the files you are playing is 44.1kHz and not 48kHz (or higher)...? The 'acoustic' perception can also play funny tricks, the best test would be if you 'cut', say, a five minute sharp audio file from a longer song which has has 44.1kHX resolution, in Audacity and then play it on the X3 and another DAP that does not have the ill reputation regarding the playback of RedBook files.

hi, yeah defo 44kHz ... I've also had well in excess 12 hrs playing time of it's first (in 2 odd years) full charge with still a bar to go . bizarre.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #4,982 of 5,194
hi, yeah defo 44kHz ... I've also had well in excess 12 hrs playing time of it's first (in 2 odd years) full charge with still a bar to go . bizarre.

If that is so, I'm flabberghasted. The speed/pitch shift was very obvious to my ears. I agree with you about the better sounding stock firmware. Now I'm creating a lot of DSD files with my 2 DSD file producing portable recorders I wish I had never rockboxed my X3. I cannot now boot it in stock firmware at all, and it would play DSD files well, I'm sure.

I think I've read here that trying to restore the X3 to stock firmware only, doesn't work, am I correct in that assumption, anyone?

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #4,983 of 5,194
i have been a/b ing since i got home with my benjie S5 , i can detect no discernable lag in play back speed, as you say it was very noticable with my black unit. i dont think i ever used this silver one on stock FW when i bought it, just immediately rockboxed it ... i have also squeezed just shy of 17 hours of playback time out of it, vol. set to about 60 playing 320 mp3 and some flac

got a crazy assed unit here.

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #4,984 of 5,194
i have been a/b ing since i got home with my benjie S5 , i can detect no discernable lag in play back speed, as you say it was very noticable with my black unit. i dont think i ever used this silver one on stock FW when i bought it, just immediately rockboxed it ... i have also squeezed just shy of 17 hours of playback time out of it, vol. set to about 60 playing 320 mp3 and some flac

You gotta play at 48kHz for the bug. If all your music is at 44.1kHz it’s not affected.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #4,986 of 5,194
No, that's the wrong way around. It's the 44.1/88.2 clock that was out of kilter.

I think they missed out the decimal part in their calculations.

Oh really? Sorry, my bad then. I was almost certain it was 48 that was the problem.

Looks like I need to create a little experiment: create 2 test files in Audacity 44.1 and 48) and externally time them while being played using the stock firmware.

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #4,987 of 5,194
If that is so, I'm flabberghasted. The speed/pitch shift was very obvious to my ears. I agree with you about the better sounding stock firmware. Now I'm creating a lot of DSD files with my 2 DSD file producing portable recorders I wish I had never rockboxed my X3. I cannot now boot it in stock firmware at all, and it would play DSD files well, I'm sure.

I think I've read here that trying to restore the X3 to stock firmware only, doesn't work, am I correct in that assumption, anyone?
Yes, with the new files it is possible again to restore stockfirmware.
I think a few post above it is explained how to do it.

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #4,988 of 5,194

As I said, one's ears (and associated equipment) could play some tricks... the best way is to measure with a chronometre a set 44.1 kHz resolution music file on the X3 and a different DAP (which does not carry the 44.1 kHz 'stigma')

Mar 3, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #4,989 of 5,194
Reckon these are still worth buying..as good price new on ebay uk....also thinking about the new Fiio mk3.

Mar 4, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #4,990 of 5,194
Ordered a new X3 today.. I know it's old tech and no screen for art work but for the price , its gotta be worth a shot..
I only have some old fixed memory Sony players , couple of Sansa clips, couple of homie players ( blue tooth ) which I don't really use...So hopefully this X3 will fit in nicely. And a couple of Agptek Imps.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,992 of 5,194
I am looking for a new battery, actually if I could get two, for my Xduoo X3 that would be great. Are there any US or UK manufactures? I am also looking for replacement torx t5 screws for the back. Help appreciated.

Did you use the search and check the box for this thread only? I know the links to replacement battery information have been posted in the past (on more than 1 occasion).

As far as screws, you can probably get some from Aliexpress. Of course they won’t be specific to the X3, but rather just generic screws. Technically, you don’t even need Torx heads. The only part that matters is that the thread measurements and length match the stock screws. And if you get longer screws, you can always shorten them to the proper length with sandpaper.

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #4,993 of 5,194
My Xduoo X3 artived today, and at half the price, got to be worth a try..
FB_IMG_1551883724177.jpg

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #4,994 of 5,194
Soory to post if on wrong thread....but o my X3 , How and whats this Cue function about...thanks.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #4,995 of 5,194
Soory to post if on wrong thread....but o my X3 , How and whats this Cue function about...thanks.

It's been so long since I could access the original firmware I can't remember what cue is about. I don't think I ever used it.

have you checked it for the speed problem with 44.1k files yet?

Is it the later version with 2000mAh battery ?

If you got the one that's 39.99 plus 3.99 postage, that's a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back