XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
May 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #3,286 of 5,194
I have recently bought a FiiO X1 paired to a FiiO E11K amp. It sounds similar to my iPod 5.5 (Video) with the same amp. Always using line out to my amp without equalizer. Does the XDuuo X3 sound noticeably better than X1/iPod 5.5 with amp in terms of clarity or soundstage @

X1 has a very good line out, sound quality compared to X3 will depend on the amp used.

May 19, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,287 of 5,194
I received my X3, three days ago, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Compared to X1 it's more neutral, soundstage is wider than X1, a little bit more than Fiio X3, I don't feel it's better in depth and height, distance between you and the scene is the same. Sense of space around instruments and vocals is way better than X1, on par with Fiio X3. Sound is more detailed than X1, but the sense of fullness with voices is better with X1.

Have your impressions changed?

May 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #3,288 of 5,194
Almost buy a X1 since i got a huge discount in a local shop, tried it for couples of hour. As an owner of X3, i can confirm you that the soundstage, the detail and feelings are in different levels, it is something you can feel right away after 5 minutes of listening. 

Funny, my rockboxed X3 normally gives me around 10-11hours of playback but yesterday i decided to use the battery benchmark. Set to -30db, plugged in my M50x and it has been playing nonstop now for 12h30. Noteworthy that 60% of my collection is FLAC 16/44, 20% is HR and only 20% is 320 MP3. So this result suggests that i shouldn't messing around with it (skipping tracks) if  i want it stays longer :)))

Edit: Well, it stopped after 13hours, compare to the 10h30 i normally get then it's a huge surprise. Didn't know that skipping track or so can be that bad :frowning2:

May 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,292 of 5,194

Have your impressions changed?

Yes, a bit, separation/sense of space is not so different between them, X3 sound more flat as X1 feels more warm and energetic. X1 has a fuller sound with bass and mids, X3 has better bass speed and tightness when needed and better soundstage.
To me, it's more a question of taste, because both share good sound quality, I think warm&sweet IEMs are more suitable for X3 than for X1.

May 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #3,293 of 5,194
Yes, a bit, separation/sense of space is not so different between them, X3 sound more flat as X1 feels more warm and energetic. X1 has a fuller sound with bass and mids, X3 has better bass speed and tightness when needed and better soundstage.
To me, it's more a question of taste, because both share good sound quality, I think warm&sweet IEMs are more suitable for X3 than for X1.

Good stuff - thanks.

May 21, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #3,294 of 5,194
Hi@all i am new here! Im from Germany and i am new to Head-Fi... I own the Xduuo X2, X3 and i REALLY Love them both for their great build and very good SQ! Sadly mx X2 had a sudden death issue but in was in warranty Time so no problem will get it back soon !

@Zest

Which X1 you mean ? Xduoo or Fiio ? I find the Fiio X1 in Overall comparison is inferior to the xduoo X3 that i also own... Its a taste thing BUT i find more Details and overall clarity and that is not a matter of taste right ?

Gear used: Dunu Trident dn 12
Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro
Tennmak Dulcimer

May 21, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #3,295 of 5,194
Hi@all i am new here! Im from Germany and i am new to Head-Fi... I own the Xduuo X2, X3 and i REALLY Love them both for their great build and very good SQ! Sadly mx X2 had a sudden death issue but in was in warranty Time so no problem will get it back soon !

@Zest

Which X1 you mean ? Xduoo or Fiio ? I find the Fiio X1 in Overall comparison is inferior to the xduoo X3 that i also own... Its a taste thing BUT i find more Details and overall clarity and that is not a matter of taste right ?

Gear used: Dunu Trident dn 12
Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro
Tennmak Dulcimer

If sound was only priority, I would only consider Xduoo X3 over the FiiO X1. I borrowed a X1 from my friend, and listening to different tracks amped and unamped using a FiiO E12, over a AKG K551, 702, and a Klipsch S4i.. I always heard more details on the Xduoo. Bass is punchier, wider soundstage, clearly better imaging .. I have lot of reasons to keep the Xduoo X3. I found, FiiO not great with MP3 too, though the Hi Res sounds good on them. If your collection includes 320kbps MP3, then Xduoo would sound better with them. If looks and UI matters, well thats a different thing. 

May 21, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #3,297 of 5,194
I always thought the FiiO had a weird amount of forwardness on the upper mids. X3 more balanced for sure.

Used SZ2000 directly out of my X3 for the first time tonight. Was pretty impressed! EQ is necessary for great bass but still impressed nonetheless.

Gonna wait for a cheap silver X3 to show up in classifieds and socket the opamp in that.

May 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,298 of 5,194
I'm not that experienced with EQ settings so what is the equivalent to the 6db gain you get on the original firmware? Not needing it but I' just curious. I'm trying to understand the different sound settings and what they do. I had the Fiio X1 and an iPod before this which were easy to use.

May 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,299 of 5,194
  I'm not that experienced with EQ settings so what is the equivalent to the 6db gain you get on the original firmware? Not needing it but I' just curious. I'm trying to understand the different sound settings and what they do. I had the Fiio X1 and an iPod before this which were easy to use.

Try boosting the preamp gain, not any of the frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back