XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
May 26, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #3,319 of 5,194
+1

I tried to compare the firmware with the rockbox today concerning sound quality and even my wife (which can here the difference between 320kbps mp3 and flac blindly EVERY single time) can't here any difference.

I think its same same...

May 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,322 of 5,194

I've been waiting patiently and constantly checking. The very day someone sells a non-leather case I'll be all over it and post it if I don't find out about it here.

Me too! Current one should've had a flap that closes at the top. Btw, why non-leather? I'm vegan, are you a vegan too? :)

May 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #3,324 of 5,194
I prepare the leather case so that it fits my needs. I will insert a plastic screen into the case to protect the keys. Also i will add a flap to the top i also find its missing the DAP could fall out of the case. I will change some other things, too.

May 27, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,325 of 5,194
I prepare the leather case so that it fits my needs. I will insert a plastic screen into the case to protect the keys. Also i will add a flap to the top i also find its missing the DAP could fall out of the case. I will change some other things, too.

I bought it from Aliexpress so i have to wait weeks till the case arrives.

Today i created another case out of the case from the tridents. I made it tighter and added a foil (a thick one) display window.

This is how it looks like:

It doesn't have to win a price for its beauty.. . :)it just should cover everything and prevent dust and dirt to get to the DAP when at work.

May 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #3,326 of 5,194
Ha! Very creative. Just don't forget the front panel buttons. 

May 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,329 of 5,194
Xduoo x2 (Xx2 from now on)  is very good sounding. Far better than Fiio X1 for shure. (Had one) Can't say anything compared to the fiio x3ii
but i know some think the Xx3 is ahead in sound quality. compared éven to the fiio x5.
And i know for shure that the Xx2 is not far from the Xx3, sound / price ratio is better with the Xx2. (own both)
And it's a lovely little box, from one piece of aluminium. Even the buttons are aluminium.
But if you want the best go get the Xx3 and rockbox it! It doesn't matter which one you choose
both are really great units. The Xx2 had the issue of sudden death. But i think this was only with the old batches.
The Xx3 never had this problem. I didn't read anything concerning sudden death issues on head-fi and also in other places in Germany , so if you want the
best and play save and love rockbox you know what to do... :wink:

May 30, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #3,330 of 5,194
Ordered mine through Penonaudio 6 weeks ago. Can't wait to try mine out when it gets here. Item was sent via a company called postnl, it has been in their sorting center for 3 weeks, absolutely garbage service. Can anyone recommend a different source for buying equipment as I think waiting 2 months for an item is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back