XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
May 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,301 of 5,194
@Zest

Which X1 you mean ? Xduoo or Fiio ? I find the Fiio X1 in Overall comparison is inferior to the xduoo X3 that i also own... Its a taste thing BUT i find more Details and overall clarity and that is not a matter of taste right ?

Gear used: Dunu Trident dn 12
Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro
Tennmak Dulcimer

Yes, I mean Fiio X1, to me, the biggest gap between them is soundstage and accuracy (X1 sound is colored), Xduoo X3 is slightly better in details and separation, it's not night and day. I don't think warm IEMs like Trident and Dulcimer would be the best pair for X1, it sound better with more balanced earphones.

May 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #3,302 of 5,194
Is anybody knows the difference between x3 with up-right button named "ESC" and up-right button with home icon named "BACK".
I saw these two types of x3 photos on aliexpress. Xduoo.com shows the second version (with home icon and "BACK").
Try search, but found nothing.

May 21, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #3,303 of 5,194
  Is anybody knows the difference between x3 with up-right button named "ESC" and up-right button with home icon named "BACK".
I saw these two types of x3 photos on aliexpress. Xduoo.com shows the second version (with home icon and "BACK").

I think that this are differences between first and second version of the X3.
The one with "Back" are the new one.
If I'm not wrong, this are the only diferences between the two versions.

May 22, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #3,304 of 5,194

I think that this are differences between first and second version of the X3.
The one with "Back" are the new one.
If I'm not wrong, this are the only diferences between the two versions.

That and apparently recent production of the revised keyboard labeled model has a larger capacity battery (2000mAh up from 1500)

May 22, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #3,306 of 5,194
  Yes, I mean Fiio X1, to me, the biggest gap between them is soundstage and accuracy (X1 sound is colored), Xduoo X3 is slightly better in details and separation, it's not night and day. I don't think warm IEMs like Trident and Dulcimer would be the best pair for X1, it sound better with more balanced earphones.

Your right, but i like more warm sounding IEMs :) They are just lovely! But the next one that i buy will be the Dunu DN-1000 which is balanced... but should still have good natural bass, right ? I'm totally convinced that Dunu builds very good IEMS with excellent build quality that can handle a lot of heavy daily use. I do exactly that and the tridents are just robust as hell! They play and play so i go for the DUNU's! :)

May 23, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,312 of 5,194
hi
the rockbox improves the sound quality of xduoo x3?
and how to install ?

This thread gives you complete instructions on how to flash RB on X3 as well as containing some important information. Look through it, and maybe next time consider using the Search function that Head-Fi has so nicely provided for us 
redface.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3

May 25, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #3,314 of 5,194
Concerning the sound Quality I am not shure that the sound is Same Quality with rockbox compared to the Firmware Maybe Even a little worse ? What Others think ?
I too felt the same way. Something is wrong. I felt the stock cleaner. by the way I cannot explain this time again how. Simply because I don't know how to explain a muddier or cleaner sound. It's just muddier a bit with rock box in my case. I use the beoplay h6 which is quite revealing. ( others may have better headphones, but with this I can hear a difference) and now every now and then rock box is crashing with "panic dir cache" and restarting. Something to do with the the memory card I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back