xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Sep 21, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #1,156 of 2,087
Portability is huge for me also. I think the xduoo x3 will be my (near) perfect dap. . Im enjoying x2, but x3 is not much larger and "should" sound even better, and double the storage. I loved dx90 and fiio x3 ii, but if this comes close to those in sq, and very portable (weighs in at 100g) im sold

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,157 of 2,087

What you can hear "rattling" around is actually the buttons. 

You are right, it was the buttons. But I'm sad to say that my x2 died last saturday. Walking back home it stoped playing and freezed, after a while it died. Like I said, I can spot anything wrong with it. Don't know now if I wait for the x3 or get another x2 to not die of boredom in the mean time.

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,158 of 2,087

You are right, it was the buttons. But I'm sad to say that my x2 died last saturday. Walking back home it stoped playing and freezed, after a while it died. Like I said, I can spot anything wrong with it. Don't know now if I wait for the x3 or get another x2 to not die of boredom in the mean time.

Just get the X2 replaced. It's worth it. The one I got died after 15mins; returned it and got another unit. Been using it to this day, and is my favourite DAP.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,160 of 2,087
  So many reports of X2s dying.  Are all the faulty units the first releases (the ones without the S/N in the back)?

Not all but some of the initial release seem to be DOA or close to that description.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,161 of 2,087
  So many reports of X2s dying.  Are all the faulty units the first releases (the ones without the S/N in the back)?

In March, after the Chinese New Year, it was a bit faulty players. Now everything is fine.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,163 of 2,087
  I recieved my replacement x2 sometimes last May but after 3 months it died. Hope this x3 wont have sudden death issue. Will wait for couple of months before buying one. My re-600 misses x2.…

Wow, that sucks man. 
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #1,164 of 2,087
  I recieved my replacement x2 sometimes last May but after 3 months it died. Hope this x3 wont have sudden death issue. Will wait for couple of months before buying one. My re-600 misses x2.…

Tony said me - Tennmak sold over the summer 389 xDuoo X2 and only 8 pieces were sent back as defective.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,165 of 2,087
Mine died. It won't start up anymore. I got it via Aliexpress so I'm not going to pursue warranty etc. Its sad because I was using it heaps and really enjoying it. Going through withdrawal now 
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #1,166 of 2,087
  Mine died. It won't start up anymore. I got it via Aliexpress so I'm not going to pursue warranty etc. Its sad because I was using it heaps and really enjoying it. Going through withdrawal now 
frown.gif

It's a great little device. Just by another! :wink:

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,167 of 2,087
Mine are both going strong and will be looking at getting the X3, it looks like it could be a great improvement in design although I love the feel of the X1 over the X2 but they both have their  up sides and for the price. The X1 has higher end punch but the X2 has a slightly more mellow approach and you can EQ if needed. I use both still to this day with no issues as of yet.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,168 of 2,087
For all those who has issues with turning on the device Unscrew back cover of your device and unplug the battery. Click and hold for three second. Plug it back in and try to boot. This have solved my problem for temporary. I still can not boot my device after two or three times running it. I also hear a weird click sound coming from device while it booting, turning of or playing a song for the first time after boot. Please check if you hear the same thing.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,169 of 2,087
For all those who has issues with turning on the device Unscrew back cover of your device and unplug the battery. Click and hold for three second. Plug it back in and try to boot. This have solved my problem for temporary. I still can not boot my device after two or three times running it. I also hear a weird click sound coming from device while it booting, turning of or playing a song for the first time after boot. Please check if you hear the same thing.

the click is from the protection relay - not a bug.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,170 of 2,087
I have an X2, but could never warm up to it due to it's clunky GUI (sorry Rockboxed Clip+ has spoiled me) It sounds good, just cannot get past the control of it.(or lack thereof)
X3 looks impressive but @ 2x the cost, and apparently the same GUI, will most likely pass. Too bad they couldn't maybe work w/ RB devs to cook up something impressive.
If they would have at least gotten full shuffle across folders ability working, I could live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back