xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Oct 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,186 of 2,087

Thanks very much for 1, 2 and 4  - and for your super-speedy response.

Your answer to 3 means that if I mess up and want to hear the last of a podcast, I have to listen to the entire thing again?  I guess, in that case, I don't want an X2.  A real shame, as it seemed such a good machine....... but no FF?  Is that possible?  I must have had about 20 MP3 players so far - all cheap ones - but I have never had one without FFwd.  On the better ones, FFwd starts at about 6 x playing speed, then after a few seconds, it accelerates to much faster, so that covering an hour only takes, perhaps, 10 secs.  It doesn't accelerate on my Phillips, though!

For your answer to 5, "I think" isn't really good enough for me to splurge the cash.  I'll wait to see if somebody else can answer it.

Just pulled out the X2 to check for you, and I was incorrect. FF and RW both work, I've just never used it. It goes probably about 2-4x speed and does not accelerate beyond that.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,187 of 2,087
  OK you have an Ipod all neat and a clip and you are interested in the X2. User interface is not as good as a Pod but i packs out a punch that can power the most demanding of headphones. It may be a little clunky in places but once you are listening to the song or album you want it produces a powerful clear stage for you to swap headphones. you notice your headphones decide to show you something extra as the X2 demands more from your headphones and gives it back. I am not saying its the best player out there but compared to phones and some weak mp3 players to kicks it out. This device is cheap as chips and the interface may put people off but just let it play something to you first :)

Agreed! Who cares about the UI and clunky buttons when it sounds so good!

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,188 of 2,087

Your answer to 3 means that if I mess up and want to hear the last of a podcast, I have to listen to the entire thing again?  I guess, in that case, I don't want an X2.  A real shame, as it seemed such a good machine....... but no FF?  Is that possible?  I must have had about 20 MP3 players so far - all cheap ones - but I have never had one without FFwd.  On the better ones, FFwd starts at about 6 x playing speed, then after a few seconds, it accelerates to much faster, so that covering an hour only takes, perhaps, 10 secs.  It doesn't accelerate on my Phillips, though!

Concerning FastForward, I just found the following at http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?p=178326989

"- suuuuuuuuper slow fast forwarding. Basically makes it impossible for podcast listeners unless you're the type to listen all in one go"

Pity - I really wanted the output power - but not at this cost.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #1,191 of 2,087
Hi guys! have read through all 80 pages haha. Am interested in this but I am scared of the playing of the my flac files. What should I do to prevent problem in playback of the files? And version 6 is the best firmware for sound quality right?

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,192 of 2,087
Hi guys! have read through all 80 pages haha. Am interested in this but I am scared of the playing of the my flac files. What should I do to prevent problem in playback of the files? And version 6 is the best firmware for sound quality right?

hi, I have V.6 and no problem playing flac at all. its a lovely piece of kit, the quirks give it character LOLz!

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,194 of 2,087
hi, i'm very satisfied with my X2 and i have just sold my X3 FIIO!!!
My X2 have inside an 128Gb Evo Samsung who performs very well.
Someone knows if is possible to mod X2? for example changing the operational...

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,195 of 2,087

I don't think it uses an op-amp. It uses an all in one processor chip.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,196 of 2,087
The moment I fear about to come ..... My x1 running out of memory 
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,197 of 2,087

I still hold on to both my X2 and fiio X3. Sonically I feel that SQ of X3 is more refined although the gap is not by much. Do you feel that the bass in X2 is quite overwhelming compared to X3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back