xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
May 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #721 of 2,087
Thanks for the pointer.

Waiting for your & other fellow members review of Newsmy G1.

I had read somewhere that Colorfly CK4 has poor Headphone out. I basically want a player with powerful amp so no need of portable amp in the chain.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
."Line Out" is also regulated by the volume buttons. And I do not say that the headphone output "terrible."

May 23, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #722 of 2,087
  Thanks for the pointer.

Waiting for your & other fellow members review of Newsmy G1.

I had read somewhere that Colorfly CK4 has poor Headphone out. I basically want a player with powerful amp so no need of portable amp in the chain.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Its not so much the sound quality of CK4+ is poor but it suffers quite an amount of low-end roll-off when using low impedance IEM from its headphone out. Meaning the bass is overly subtle / rolled off. It is enough to ruin the presentation beyond normal levels.

If it weren't for the roll-off its mids are very high in clarity and quite detailed. 

Source: http://sonove.angry.jp/CK4_vs_iphone4_vs_x1060.htm

For the price the guys are getting it - its worth it, but really if you want to amp from the line out. 

May 23, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #724 of 2,087
Well, if you're not a fan of IEM, as I do, then VE Asura 150 ohm, it's all right with the bass, and in any case can be connected to LO.

That's correct. =) If you lift the headphone/IEM impedance it corrects the roll-off. 

Its a good player for that price, worth it for the line out, and imo with a good amp quite a bit better sounding than XDuoo X2.

When I had my CK4+ one of the forward/back track buttons broke after 6 months and basically crippled the functionality. It was nice though having a big screen when navigating. In my opinion CK4 should never of been a media/video/music player. Instead put into a different casing and made into a DAP with normal size screen. (minus the roll-off) because its sound is quite good. =)

May 23, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #726 of 2,087
@H2OFidelity  & other senior members
Do you feel Xduoo X2 to be upgrade to Nationite N2 & Sansa Fuze V2 only in terms of SQ.

At present I'm looking out for VFM player[around 50-55USD] & IEM or Portable Headsets [around 60USD] to pair with it for carrying around till I gets something better after 2 yrs.

If Xduoo X2 is not upgrade for me should I save up for something like Xuelin ihifi 770c or Fiio X1?
FiiO & Xduoo X2 is officially available in India & at present I do not want to undergo all customs hazzles which I faced earlier.

Please advice. My only concern is SQ & can compromise on UI part & other features. I do not see myself using extra portable amp anytime in future as I listen to music only while commuting.
Thanks in advance.

May 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #727 of 2,087
@H2OFidelity  & other senior members
Do you feel Xduoo X2 to be upgrade to Nationite N2 & Sansa Fuze V2 only in terms of SQ.

At present I'm looking out for VFM player[around 50-55USD] & IEM or Portable Headsets [around 60USD] to pair with it for carrying around till I gets something better after 2 yrs.

If Xduoo X2 is not upgrade for me should I save up for something like Xuelin ihifi 770c or Fiio X1?
FiiO & Xduoo X2 is officially available in India & at present I do not want to undergo all customs hazzles which I faced earlier.

Please advice. My only concern is SQ & can compromise on UI part & other features. I do not see myself using extra portable amp anytime in future as I listen to music only while commuting.
Thanks in advance.

I have not heard N2, but can tell you XDuoo X2 is better sounding than Sansa Fuze (either model).

Maybe, if you like bright, clean sound consider XDuoo X2 / Havi B3 Pro 1. Lots of fun with those paired.

Find these at Penon Audio with free shipping.

May 23, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #732 of 2,087
  Just saw this over on the RockBox forum.
frown.gif

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,50788.msg234593.html#msg234593

Very sad
triportsad.gif
 rb would really help. Maybe the next gen x2 or successor will have better specs.

Is there any way to put X2 in 'shuffle all' mode? I have hierarchically arranged library with a lot of nested folders. Even if I put in shuffle mode X2 only shuffles the songs within current folder.

One workaround would be to put all the songs in a single folder, but thought I'd ask first here for any suggestions .

There doesn't seem to be. I ended up exporting just my current favorite albums to the root of my card and then I can shuffle
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back