xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jun 24, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #856 of 2,087
I also noticed that if I seek forward, it seeks fast which is fine but if I seek backward, it tends to become really slow. It's a bit noticeable for mixes which have durations of an hour or so. Not really sure whether it's a firmware issue or something else. For songs which are only 3minutes, it's a bit unnoticeable. Anyone experienced this?

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #857 of 2,087
  I also noticed that if I seek forward, it seeks fast which is fine but if I seek backward, it tends to become really slow. It's a bit noticeable for mixes which have durations of an hour or so. Not really sure whether it's a firmware issue or something else. For songs which are only 3minutes, it's a bit unnoticeable. Anyone experienced this?

It should be the same speed both both forward and backwards but yeah, it's slow and kinda unusable for long tracks or mixes unless you're extremely patient.

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #858 of 2,087
  It should be the same speed both both forward and backwards but yeah, it's slow and kinda unusable for long tracks or mixes unless you're extremely patient.

Sorry, not sure what you mean but your X2 seeks forward and backwards with the same speed? This seems like a firmware issue right rather than a hardware? Hopefully it's firmware as it's something that can be installed. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #859 of 2,087
Official russian reseller announced that xDuoo made some good hardware tweaks in new revision of X2:

- new, more robust button mechanism
- electrolytic capacitor in amp scheme
- better EMI shielding

Also, updated firmware will come soon with correct tracks sorting by alphabet. So, X2 got rid of almost all of it's issues.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #861 of 2,087
Hi all, mine is broken for 2 weeks, I've to send it back to Penon Audio. Do you mean I could have a new version if I pay a little bit more ?

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #862 of 2,087
Good stuff !

Any news on X3 from the Russian ?

Later, first xDuoo X7
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139961&p=1665639&viewfull=1#post1665639
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139961&p=1665070&viewfull=1#post1665070

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #863 of 2,087
  Later, first xDuoo X7
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139961&p=1665639&viewfull=1#post1665639
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139961&p=1665070&viewfull=1#post1665070

Oh wow the X7 looks tempting.

Just wondering, not sure if this is OT or something but do sellers accept Trade Ins? e.g. Trade old version with new version like from X2 -> X3 or trade in for new revisions like X2 old revision to the new revision?

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #864 of 2,087
  Oh wow the X7 looks tempting.

Just wondering, not sure if this is OT or something but do sellers accept Trade Ins? e.g. Trade old version with new version like from X2 -> X3 or trade in for new revisions like X2 old revision to the new revision?

X3 and x7 -  new products.
X3 -$100, may be.
X7 - flagship.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #865 of 2,087
Are these upgrades available on the latest version that is selling today ( I.e. The ones that have the serial number printed in the back) or are they on an even newer version that is not released for sale yet? I have the one with the S/N on the back. Are the ones with the S/N export quality and the ones without are not? My main concern is durability. I hope it will last as long as the Sandisk Clip. I'm concerned as I see so many post saying that their X2 died and have to be sent back for repairs.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #866 of 2,087
Are these upgrades available on the latest version that is selling today ( I.e. The ones that have the serial number printed in the back) or are they on an even newer version that is not released for sale yet? I have the one with the S/N on the back. Are the ones with the S/N export quality and the ones without are not? My main concern is durability. I hope it will last as long as the Sandisk Clip. I'm concerned as I see so many post saying that their X2 died and have to be sent back for repairs.

By upgrades I meant the hardware tweaks that the Russian Reseller was referring to (better EMI shielding, more robust button mechanism etc.)

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #867 of 2,087
Mine finally arrived and I really like it. It's likely not going to be a keeper though. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks rather than music, so the sound quality was of minor concern for me. I do like that it can play very good quality sound though.

I bought it because I liked the look and sturdiness of it. I work in an industrial environment all day and use it with Industrial Earmuffs. The lock is actually a pain. The fact that the buttons are quite hard to push is reason enough for me not to use the lock function. The Lock function is terrible. I can't have the back-light turn off without it using the lock function.

If the lock function could be turned off and the backlight could be turned off without the lock function coming on, that would be great.

The interface is terrible. If you turn on the device it should automatically start paying where you last left off. I shouldn't have to press play. If I come out of the Menu, it sometimes reverts back to the beginning of what I was listening to, and doesn't resume from where I was last. RW is as per below.

If you press the volume up or down it takes several seconds for it to go back to the main screen. Why? Just go back as soon as a volume key is released. I know you can press the Middle button to go straight back to the main screen, but should I really have to?

I'd also like to be able to hear what I'm listening to in RW and FF modes. I'd like an accelerating FF and RW.

Obviously. The next version they release needs to be Rockboxable.

A great device if all you want to do is press play and leave it. Otherwise, uncomfortable to use.

I have exactly the same issue. Running V6 of the firmware. Rewind is interminably slow at around one second every second, and fast forward is very fast. Which version of the Firmware are you running?

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #868 of 2,087
  Mine finally arrived and I really like it. It's likely not going to be a keeper though. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks rather than music, so the sound quality was of minor concern for me. I do like that it can play very good quality sound though.

I bought it because I liked the look and sturdiness of it. I work in an industrial environment all day and use it with Industrial Earmuffs. The lock is actually a pain. The fact that the buttons are quite hard to push is reason enough for me not to use the lock function. The Lock function is terrible. I can't have the back-light turn off without it using the lock function.

If the lock function could be turned off and the backlight could be turned off without the lock function coming on, that would be great.

The interface is terrible. If you turn on the device it should automatically start paying where you last left off. I shouldn't have to press play. If I come out of the Menu, it sometimes reverts back to the beginning of what I was listening to, and doesn't resume from where I was last. RW is as per below.

If you press the volume up or down it takes several seconds for it to go back to the main screen. Why? Just go back as soon as a volume key is released. I know you can press the Middle button to go straight back to the main screen, but should I really have to?

I'd also like to be able to hear what I'm listening to in RW and FF modes. I'd like an accelerating FF and RW.

Obviously. The next version they release needs to be Rockboxable.

A great device if all you want to do is press play and leave it. Otherwise, uncomfortable to use.

I have exactly the same issue. Running V6 of the firmware. Rewind is interminably slow at around one second every second, and fast forward is very fast. Which version of the Firmware are you running?

someone suggested that previous firmwares didn't have the lock, so maybe a way to improve your usage?
 being a big audiobook user too, I use only sansa clips and some sony DAPs for that. the sansa because it's cheap so I can just use one DAP for each audiobook I have running. and the sonys because they keep the position of all the audiobooks(as long as they are in the podcast section) and have a "new" tag for chapters not yet started. so I can start a podcasts, a fun audiobook, and some stuff about quantum mechanic, and just come back to whatever whenever. the annoying stuff is that it doesn't jump to the next chapter, so I convert most books into 3 or 4 files maximum instead of uploading 50chapters and having to press "down" and then "play" every 2mn.
the X2 can replace a sansa, but I'm not sure it is sturdier in practice.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #870 of 2,087

someone suggested that previous firmwares didn't have the lock, so maybe a way to improve your usage?
 being a big audiobook user too, I use only sansa clips and some sony DAPs for that. the sansa because it's cheap so I can just use one DAP for each audiobook I have running. and the sonys because they keep the position of all the audiobooks(as long as they are in the podcast section) and have a "new" tag for chapters not yet started. so I can start a podcasts, a fun audiobook, and some stuff about quantum mechanic, and just come back to whatever whenever. the annoying stuff is that it doesn't jump to the next chapter, so I convert most books into 3 or 4 files maximum instead of uploading 50chapters and having to press "down" and then "play" every 2mn.
the X2 can replace a sansa, but I'm not sure it is sturdier in practice.

I tried V5.0 as you suggested. No luck. RW is still the same. The more I use this device the more I realise how bad the UI is. Even FF sucks. If you accidentally hit Previous or next, it doesn't remember where you were when you get back to the track you were listening too, and it takes a long time to FF to where you think you were, and because you can't here the track as you're FF'ing (or RW'ing) you have to stop all the time to see if that's where you were.

Love the form factor. Far better for me than the Clip's. I tried to move away from the Clips because they just keep dying. Maybe I might try that new one that's out.

I didn't know that about the Sony's. I nearly got one a year or so ago because it had a Bluetooth transmitter which would have been great for working with with Bluetooth Ear muffs and of course the car stereo. I don't think they make them any more.

I want a tougher clip with bluetooth, at least 16 hours listening time, and rockboxable. Somebody please start a Kickstarter campaign for a better portable  player and let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back