xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jun 21, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #841 of 2,087
is anyone else finding the auto hold and having to hold the menu button to do anything (say change tracks) in firmware v6 really annoying?

I do... Really wish there was an option to disable this feature through settings. I don't really need it and the only workaround that I could find to avoid it is to keep back light on permanently. This indeed drains battery faster.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #842 of 2,087
I do... Really wish there was an option to disable this feature through settings. I don't really need it and the only workaround that I could find to avoid it is to keep back light on permanently. This indeed drains battery faster.
could also revert to v5. Yea I don't think I remember it in the settings

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #843 of 2,087
could also revert to v5. Yea I don't think I remember it in the settings

There's no harm in that right? Can just flash v5 file in X2 and that's all?

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #844 of 2,087
That's all.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #846 of 2,087
I'm so tempted to pick up another X2.

Do any owners have Westone 4 they can try and let me know about hiss, sound, possible awesomeness etc.

#inherelikeanoob

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #847 of 2,087
  I'm so tempted to pick up another X2.

Do any owners have Westone 4 they can try and let me know about hiss, sound, possible awesomeness etc.

#inherelikeanoob

You can't resists the X2 awesomesauce!

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #849 of 2,087
Adding to request by leobigfield

How does it compare to Sony x1060 walkman ?

I have this trusty device for many years and wondering if the sound improvements of X2 are worth the superior battery life & UI of the X walkman. I can live with 320kbs CBR.

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #850 of 2,087
it's a very cheap and relatively small DAP that has low impedance and a decent power output. so unless you're looking to improve on those parameters, the X2 won't be an improvement at all.
while it's very impressive and noteworthy to find all that for such a cheap price, it's superior in it's own price section. and that's about it.

and for both of you asking, how about starting by talking about what IEM/headphone you are using? after all it's only 90% of what will determine your needs and final sound.
wink_face.gif

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #852 of 2,087
Small silly question. Do you use other than Normal eq on X2 and which one?

I just love how Rock eq makes the sound powerful and fat, punchy. I've listened to Rock eqs in my other equipment but none sounds as phenomenal as X2's does.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #853 of 2,087
Finally got mine from Aliexpress. Gonna experiment with it a bit more. Had no idea the hardware buttons were too hard to press though. 
biggrin.gif
 Also, the screens looks like it can easily be scratched. Had mine with scratches and look like this..

You guys think I should complain this to the seller? Or is this common? It might've been scratched during the shipment or something.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #854 of 2,087
  Finally got mine from Aliexpress. Gonna experiment with it a bit more. Had no idea the hardware buttons were too hard to press though. 
biggrin.gif
 Also, the screens looks like it can easily be scratched. Had mine with scratches and look like this..

You guys think I should complain this to the seller? Or is this common? It might've been scratched during the shipment or something.

That's what mine looked like and I was kinda worried too but actually it's a screen protector and if you remove it the screen itself won't have scratches

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #855 of 2,087
Oh! I see it now. The screen protector looks kind of odd though. It's not as smooth as the screen protectors from phones. Or actually I'm not sure what the term is but the "feel" definitely isn't the same as to that of phones.

I also noticed that I don't hear any "hiss" if I have the volume on very loud and I have a low end IEM (Philips SHE3590). Does this mean it can drive earphones with low impedance quite well? (Not sure if what I'm saying actually makes sense here
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back