xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Feb 18, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #1,592 of 2,087
It's really a rough call, I've had both for at least a month now, and I still can't really pick a favorite of the two.  The X2 has a bit more power for driving headphones if that is a concern.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #1,593 of 2,087
  I've heard that xduoo is glitchy?

Glitchy in what way? If you are talking about sound skipping, it's observed in specific MicroSD cards (like strontium in two cases).
Or pls explain if you mean something else. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,594 of 2,087
Sound errors can be caused by oil on the contacts of inner card reader. There are good feedbacks about alcohol cleaning contacts.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,595 of 2,087
I've had some issues for files of 24/192 FLAC format. Anything lesser than that always worked flawlessly.
EDIT : Got this from first post of this thread : 

Warning: xDuoo X2(firmware 3.0-E) support *.flac only 16bit/44.1kHz

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,596 of 2,087
I have been reading reviews and comparisons on the X2 and M3 there doesn't seem to be much in it and opinion varies slightly. The theme I get is that M3 has a better Ui and X2 powers headphones better, both sound very good.

Yes, you're right mate, the x2 can drive my beyer cop, vmoda lp2, ath m40x and my akg k701 sweetly, something's that m3 can't :D

I've tested both at my local store before i finally choose the x2, and i also bought my first iem, radius nef21, it's unbelievable sound for the price :D

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,598 of 2,087
thanks mate, now that's a sadly news to me
frown.gif

Indeed.... well you may convert to a compatible format. Anyway X2 isn't anything high-end, so 16bit/24bit isn't gonna make much of a difference. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,601 of 2,087
i've got artist folders on the root directory of my microsd, but when i turn on the shuffle play mode, they only repeating one folder ( artist/album ) only not all, should i make one folder only on the root directory to shuffle all files?

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #1,602 of 2,087
I like the sound of this DAP but miss the clip from my clip+ when using outside while gardening (Being female often means fewer useful pockets in clothing). I read somewhere (don't think in THIS thread, as I've just skimmed through again) where someone mentioned glueing or otherwise attaching a clip to a small player. Can anyone here help with suggestions, e.g. type of clip, attachment method etc.
Thanks

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,603 of 2,087
I am a Clip Zip owner myself. I sure wish we could put Rockbox on the X2 but that is not to be. As for gluing a clip on, well the X2 is metal and wouldn't do well with model glue or super glue. You'd need some epoxy like JB Weld. That would glue metal to metal. The next trick would be finding the right clip.

Here's an idea. Since the X2 is just about the size of a lot of other players maybe you could look on eBay or Amazon for a soft rubber case with a belt loop for one of those other units and cram your X2 into that? Save a lot of effort.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,604 of 2,087
Very similar size to the Fiio M3 so the armband from the M3 might fit (headphone ports look to be identically placed too.
Failing that someone else had a small headphone amp with a clip and stuck it to their x2 with Velcro.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #1,605 of 2,087
  I like the sound of this DAP but miss the clip from my clip+ when using outside while gardening (Being female often means fewer useful pockets in clothing). I read somewhere (don't think in THIS thread, as I've just skimmed through again) where someone mentioned glueing or otherwise attaching a clip to a small player. Can anyone here help with suggestions, e.g. type of clip, attachment method etc.
Thanks

Clip for Walkie-Talkie: one, two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back