xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Feb 27, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,622 of 2,087
While I still need to burn in my ZN1 Mini that arrived 2 days ago, initial impression was quite bad with it and X2. However, I noticed that 'Soft' EQ does wonders for it - reduces bottom bloat and gives it more room in the mids and highs. Might be something to try for anyone with bass-heavy IEMs using X2 :)

Ditto, this is setting I use for the Carbo Basso. Lifted the veil and does wonders.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #1,623 of 2,087
Thanks! Will try to play along this line. FWIW, jazz setting made the NuForce Primo 8 sings!

Yup, you'll always find one EQ in X2 which will make your earphones sing : )   I like that. Jazz makes my ZN1 mini sing too.
Similarly Rock blows life into otherwise analytical dry Havi.

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #1,624 of 2,087
Yup, you'll always find one EQ in X2 which will make your earphones sing : )   I like that. Jazz makes my ZN1 mini sing too.

+1 from me. I find jazz and f/w6.0 does it for me with the zn1 mini. :guitar:

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #1,625 of 2,087

Pop for Havi in my case. I find rock change the tonality. Still amazed by this little guy, even with limited EQ, the default set is quite adequate.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,626 of 2,087
I have an opportunity to buy a Colorfly C3 for $50.
How is the sound quality of the Colorfly C3 compared to the xDuoo X2?  Is the sound quality any better?

I already have the xDuoo X2, so would it still be worth buying the Colorfly or will the $ not be well spent?

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,627 of 2,087
How is the sound quality of the Colorfly C3 compared to the xDuoo X2?  Is the sound quality any better?

I already have the xDuoo X2, so would it still be worth buying the Colorfly or will the $ not be well spent?

The colorfly is totally cold and analytical.

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #1,628 of 2,087
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,629 of 2,087

I have both.  I like the C3 for needledrops and classical - I guess the warmth of the music works with the dryness of the C3.  X2 certainly has more power, but it has far more hiss and background noise than the C3 for me.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,630 of 2,087
I will be using the C3 mainly with headphones and not IEMs. I have the Grado SR80i and Sony MDR V6. Will the xDuoo x2 be more suitable for pairing with headphones because it has more power than the Colorfly C3?

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #1,631 of 2,087
I will be using the C3 mainly with headphones and not IEMs. I have the Grado SR80i and Sony MDR V6. Will the xDuoo x2 be more suitable for pairing with headphones because it has more power than the Colorfly C3?

C3 will drive the headphones you mention, I have personally tried these combinations.

A little more power wouldn't hurt for both headphones due to V6's 63ohm impedance, and the Grado's thick cable can use a little push.

The Colorfly will do it though to decent levels.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,632 of 2,087
Hi guys,

I saw that Hippo have a new DAP coming out (already available in some parts such as Indonesia Jaben), called the Hippo Mu;

As you can see it is essentially a Xduoo X2, but if you do some more google image searching you will see it is slightly thicker and has 2 sd card storage slots in addition to the one sd card slot for the actual device.

It also looks quite a bit thicker, tho that thickness may purely be in relation to providing the sd card storage slots seen only on the east side of the DAP (slightly visible here below).

I have been in touch with Jaben and they told me it actually does run the Xduoo X2 firmware, so it should be able to take all the updates that the X2 has received.

I guess a few questions arise, such as does it obviously sound better, or exactly the same? Are the innards identical or different? It retails closer to $70-90USD so it's perhaps a little more expensive, it will likely weigh a little more due to providing those sd card slots (which increase thickness), but perhaps that additional weight is worth the ability to swap sd cards on the fly easy...

Anyway, just thought you might be interested and like to know. I'll post more updates here as I get them.

Has the Xduoo X2 got a custom EQ yet via firmware updates? Can it read m3u files?

Cheers,

Bruce

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #1,633 of 2,087
It's already found by community developers that X2 can't have any port / customizations because of severe hardware and software limitations. At this point I think X2 would pretty much has reached to end point of software dev cycle.

The Hippo looks nice, I hope they provide bigger battery too. 2 SD card setup is nice.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #1,634 of 2,087
It's already found by community developers that X2 can't have any port / customizations because of severe hardware and software limitations. At this point I think X2 would pretty much has reached to end point of software dev cycle.

The Hippo looks nice, I hope they provide bigger battery too. 2 SD card setup is nice.

That's shame. X3 looks like it might be getting rockbox, so no chance for the X2 tho? I don't understand if they have EQ presets how they can't action a custom eq, I mean changes in sound are possible! Someone on the X3 forum says that the devs of Xduoo are pretty rubbish and holding back the potential of the device.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,635 of 2,087

That's shame. X3 looks like it might be getting rockbox, so no chance for the X2 tho? I don't understand if they have EQ presets how they can't action a custom eq, I mean changes in sound are possible! Someone on the X3 forum says that the devs of Xduoo are pretty rubbish and holding back the potential of the device.

Maybe the EQs are hardwired in form of ASIC... idk exactly but from what little I know of electronics I assume that. 

Well if that's the case then it should be paid more attention by Xduoo folks!/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back