xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 3, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #1,639 of 2,087
Hi,
Anybody ever pair the X2 with HD681 Evo or SM e10s?
Currently I am only using my S4 - fully dedicated music player using powerAmp and my Cheap Desktop.

I have X2 on the way and now I am a bit unsure on the decision. I was contemplating between an X2 or X3, but there was a good deal on Ebay for an X2, bought it around USD40, so decided to do it.

I was so close to buy an X3 but the dealer was out of stock. 

So far the Desktop PC is also better than the S4. 
I just hope that the player is better than my S4 as well. If it is better than the PC will be a bonus I guess.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,640 of 2,087
Wow i wonder how C3+B3 (Havi) would sound like xD

Probably like walking through the Arctic circle when there's no wind and no bears. You get the idea :wink:

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #1,641 of 2,087
It's already found by community developers that X2 can't have any port / customizations because of severe hardware and software limitations. At this point I think X2 would pretty much has reached to end point of software dev cycle.

The Hippo looks nice, I hope they provide bigger battery too. 2 SD card setup is nice.

The Hippo, ooh tell me more! I'm looking for something like the X2/X3

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1,642 of 2,087
  My X2's backlight function quit working yesterday. The Backlight:xf_eek:ff menu choice won't change even after a firmware update. 

Crap.

Definitely an hardware issue... better to get your X2 replaced under warranty.

Probably like walking through the Arctic circle when there's no wind and no bears. You get the idea
wink.gif

Chilling enough for me haha. I prefer tropical zone better (warm, lively sound)

The Hippo, ooh tell me more! I'm looking for something like the X2/X3

Don't get the Hippo though.... from initial info it seems like it uses same sound chip. 
I'd definitely love to get something of little different sound signature. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,643 of 2,087

Don't get the Hippo though.... from initial info it seems like it uses same sound chip. 

Haha I prefer warm and lively too, so I swiftly got rid of the C3 and bought myself an original gen FiiO X3 lol. That was right on the money for a great decision haha

Aww thats a shame, I'd love something the size of the X2 with the same functionality. Btw does the X2 have gapless?

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #1,644 of 2,087

Haha I prefer warm and lively too, so I swiftly got rid of the C3 and bought myself an original gen FiiO X3 lol. That was right on the money for a great decision haha

Aww thats a shame, I'd love something the size of the X2 with the same functionality. Btw does the X2 have gapless?

No gapless. Although the pause between the tracks is minimal. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,645 of 2,087

What, I thought you already had X2! I was only preventing you from buying Hippo because I thought you had X2. In that case no issues there. 

X2 sadly is just  a basic music player, no gapless, no replay gain. I am particularly concerned about replay gain.... I pretty much listen in shuffle mode so having to adjust the volume multiple times is not exactly nice.

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,646 of 2,087

Are you just using logical guessing here? What with the firmware being compatible X2 and the button placement the same, or have you found some new info?

What, I thought you already had X2! I was only preventing you from buying Hippo because I thought you had X2. In that case no issues there. 

X2 sadly is just  a basic music player, no gapless, no replay gain. I am particularly concerned about replay gain.... I pretty much listen in shuffle mode so having to adjust the volume multiple times is not exactly nice.

MP3Gain is your friend, or if using foobar you can use the convert feature and replaygain flac files to being the same volume level.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,647 of 2,087

Are you just using logical guessing here? What with the firmware being compatible X2 and the button placement the same, or have you found some new info?

MP3Gain is your friend, or if using foobar you can use the convert feature and replaygain flac files to being the same volume level.

Just citing your earlier post. Btw on such embedded devices if we are able to flash the exact firmware of X2 then no doubt it's the same chip. Just my two cents on they sounding similar. 

Thanks, I'll try that.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,650 of 2,087
I went M3 in the end...much more powerful than I thought it would be and sounds great, thanks for everyone's help on this really pleased with it and way outperforming my expectations.

Yeah M3 could be an option for me as well tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back