xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 10, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,666 of 2,087
My x2 got the pitch issue several times. While playing a, it suddenly a.á.ạ.. I didn't experienced this with v7 firmware (maybe that i didn't listen long enough). Anyone encounter this problem?

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,667 of 2,087
My x2 got the pitch issue several times. While playing a, it suddenly a.á.ạ.. I didn't experienced this with v7 firmware (maybe that i didn't listen long enough). Anyone encounter this problem?

I have 2 of them, and never encountered any pitch issues. Stuttering with some cards, yes. After reformatting the cards all problems gone. But pitch issue never. Maybe it's a problem in the file encoding. Is it flac or mp3?

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,668 of 2,087

I have 2 of them, and never encountered any pitch issues. Stuttering with some cards, yes. After reformatting the cards all problems gone. But pitch issue never. Maybe it's a problem in the file encoding. Is it flac or mp3?

I have the problem with both file type. Strange.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #1,669 of 2,087
Sounds like the M3 might be a more reliable choice, or the FiiO X1 if I can get it cheap.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,670 of 2,087
Sounds like the M3 might be a more reliable choice, or the FiiO X1 if I can get it cheap.

Get X2 only if you are sure about the seller and he's providing warranty support. Sadly the concern about reliability is true.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,672 of 2,087
  Get X2 only if you are sure about the seller and he's providing warranty support. Sadly the concern about reliability is true.

Thanks mate, yeah I was thinking that. I guess my experience with FiiO is playing a bit part in my choice, since they are always coherent and responsive to any hardware/software issues.

... what reliability issues?

I have 2 X2's , had them for about 10 months and no issues whatsoever.

Thats good.

However in this thread many people have suffered issues with either hardware or firmware, or both. So perhaps we're talking about poor quality control here?

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,673 of 2,087

... what reliability issues?

I have 2 X2's , had them for about 10 months and no issues whatsoever.

You are misunderstanding it. Reliability is measured against mass data. I've been following this thread since some time and I've seen number of issues faced by people, regarding both hardware and software. 

IMO even Xduoo agreed about the issues and that's why they released improved hardware revisions and FW versions. 

Personally my X2 lasted 4-5 months and suddenly died. Also from time to time I keep getting stutters and occasional restarts. This issue was observed in my previous X2 and also in newer hardware revision that was sent to me as replacement. 

I hope you understand. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #1,674 of 2,087
  You are misunderstanding it. Reliability is measured against mass data. I've been following this thread since some time and I've seen number of issues faced by people, regarding both hardware and software. 

IMO even Xduoo agreed about the issues and that's why they released improved hardware revisions and FW versions. 

Personally my X2 lasted 4-5 months and suddenly died. Also from time to time I keep getting stutters and occasional restarts. This issue was observed in my previous X2 and also in newer hardware revision that was sent to me as replacement. 

I hope you understand. 

yes sure. just speaking out as someone who has had a good experience ... we always get the bad news huh?!

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,675 of 2,087
yes sure. just speaking out as someone who has had a good experience ... we always get the bad news huh?!

I am glad that your devices are working flawlessly. I hope mine would as well, I really love the sound of X2. Especially in the warranty replacement period (which took about 2 weeks) I was craving for X2, literally.

Positive point though, that Xduoo has worked on issues and latest hardware version feels better. Also X3, the successor of X3 looks phenomenal in quality.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,676 of 2,087
I am glad that your devices are working flawlessly. I hope mine would as well, I really love the sound of X2. Especially in the warranty replacement period (which took about 2 weeks) I was craving for X2, literally.

Positive point though, that Xduoo has worked on issues and latest hardware version feels better. Also X3, the successor of X3 looks phenomenal in quality.

hi, yes have an X3 too! also lovely, cannot sense the pitch problem that has been reported with it and should be rockboxed soon!

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #1,678 of 2,087

Users who are viewing this thread

Back