xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 11, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,561 of 2,087
  I was in Audiophile's hell (no good DAP) for past 2-3 weeks. Thanks to my bricked XDuoo X2. My phone, even with good amp paired doesn't sound half decent as X2. 

Fortunately HiFiNage (Xduoo auth reseller in India) provided nice warranty support and replaces the player with a new piece.

Also, the X2 that I just have received is the newer version (Hardware rev 2?). It's much better than 1 especially in button department. The newer player has 1000 times better keys that don't rattle and are nice and responsive. Good that Xduoo considers feedback and acts on that. 

Finally in heaven again haha : ) 

Revision 3.0

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,562 of 2,087
  Revision 3.0

I see.... I thought there were only 2 hardware revs. Any idea about the specifics of update 2 and 3? Just curious.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #1,563 of 2,087
Happy times...  listening to a little music before I go to sleep, and decided to see how the x2 would sound with the Skullcandy Aviator.  How To Destroy Angels sounded fantastic, although I think I would have preferred just slightly more bass, and the combo is handling ambient quite nicely.  I was rather unsure of this headphone when I got it for a present 5 or so years ago, but it's a wonderful can, for me at least.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,564 of 2,087
  Happy times...  listening to a little music before I go to sleep, and decided to see how the x2 would sound with the Skullcandy Aviator.  How To Destroy Angels sounded fantastic, although I think I would have preferred just slightly more bass, and the combo is handling ambient quite nicely.  I was rather unsure of this headphone when I got it for a present 5 or so years ago, but it's a wonderful can, for me at least.

Its all about if you enjoy it :)
Never tried Skull candy but Soundmagic E10, p21 and PL21 work really well with the X2 I found

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,565 of 2,087
Just received a pair of **** UE's and I have to say they pair quite well with my x2. Sounds good straight outta the post!
Oh well off to do some burn-in now. :headphones:

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,567 of 2,087
Just bought one of these to try out (sounds great from first impressions), bought from Amazon and comes with v7.0. However, I stumbled across the problem of some flac files coming up with 'format error'. I removed the tags as suggested in this thread and they played fine, but was this not supposed to be fixed in firmware updates, or was that just a hope?

Also, is 'FAT Sorter' still the recommended as the tool to use for sorting folders alphabetically on the SD card?

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #1,569 of 2,087

The Aviator  got good reviews. So did the Navigator and Mixmaster but to a lesser degree. It was many of Skullcandy's lower priced headphones that got very poor reviews.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,572 of 2,087
Question for the X2 owners out there.....it is almost identical in size to the Fiio M3 and the headphone socket looks to be in exactly the same place too. Has anyone tried to fit it into the M3 armband for gym use?
It looks like it might work....just wondered whether anyone else had already given it a bash....would get an M3 but it would need an amp which then makes the whole armband option a bit redundant

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1,574 of 2,087
Hi,

I got an xDuoo X2 for christmas. 
It was working great with only the occasional slight glitch, ie song not playing...

Today I was using my xDuoo X2 and it suddenly stopped in middle of a song.
I recall may 15min earlier looking at the screen and it had about half its full charge left.

tried turning it on again. didnt start.
held to the center circle for 15 secs didnt start.
tried plugging it into my computer and my computer made a sound showing it was trying to connect but the micro sd directory for the xDuoo never came up.
also tried removing and reinserting the micro sd.

When I try to power it up I no longer here that distinctive clicking noise.

Is there anything I can try to get it working?

Good grief...

Thanks.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,575 of 2,087
Hi,

I got an xDuoo X2 for christmas. 
It was working great with only the occasional slight glitch, ie song not playing...

Today I was using my xDuoo X2 and it suddenly stopped in middle of a song.
I recall may 15min earlier looking at the screen and it had about half its full charge left.

tried turning it on again. didnt start.
held to the center circle for 15 secs didnt start.
tried plugging it into my computer and my computer made a sound showing it was trying to connect but the micro sd directory for the xDuoo never came up.
also tried removing and reinserting the micro sd.

When I try to power it up I no longer here that distinctive clicking noise.

Is there anything I can try to get it working?

Good grief...

Thanks.

Sadly nope, it has died. My X2 died in exact same fashion a month or two ago. I tried everything to revive it but in the end I had to send it for replacement. Fortunately it was covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back