XDUOO NANO D3 24bit/192Khz DSD256 portable DAP-Info and impressions
Feb 1, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #121 of 185
According to the text file in the rar:
固件更改内容/Firmware updated content:
1.修复设置EQ时,选择BASS会有“沙沙”声的问题
Fixed when setting up EQ to BASS will have a "rustling" sound problem
2.改善在退出播放界面时,回到当前播放歌曲的文件夹
When you quit the playback interface, go back to the folder with the song which is currently playing
3.更新俄罗斯语言库
Update the Russian language library.

Haven't spent any time seeing if anything else got fixed. Still no luck with cue files. The ones I created work on other players but fail with the D3.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #122 of 185
The sound of D3 is not as good as X3, but much better than Benjie S5.
I'm really impressive on the ability of directly decoding of DSD of D3. Great entry level DSD player!
Very happy with it!

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #123 of 185
I thought this as well. not sure if EQ effects it. havent found the eq yet. not a real intuitive interface.
When I try both output, Line out have clearly way less amping, wich made me conclude its a true line out in the like of the Ibasso DX90 that we can play with volume as well.

Just update for the third firmware, this time Xduoo really work hard about fixing issues, its appreciate.

I get use to UI and can navigate faster now....likem, from song playing you hold back buton to go to main menu and you can press back again to go to playing music.

Not sure about music playing when you open device, I have another DAP doing that too (Faudio FA1) and really hope it will not became a features in more DAP.....

To be honnest I use less my X3 since I have D3 and its because I find IEM pairing easier and more permissive with bright or analytical earphones, oh....and the battery of my X3 just hold 3-4 hours now.

Feb 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #124 of 185
According to the text file in the rar:
固件更改内容/Firmware updated content:
1.修复设置EQ时,选择BASS会有“沙沙”声的问题
Fixed when setting up EQ to BASS will have a "rustling" sound problem
2.改善在退出播放界面时,回到当前播放歌曲的文件夹
When you quit the playback interface, go back to the folder with the song which is currently playing
3.更新俄罗斯语言库
Update the Russian language library.

Haven't spent any time seeing if anything else got fixed. Still no luck with cue files. The ones I created work on other players but fail with the D3.

Cue files are automatically unfolded in ALL SONGS.

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #125 of 185
Cue files are automatically unfolded in ALL SONGS.
Is that a translation of the Chinese text parts of the update description I posted? I'd assumed because of the formatting that the English line underneath the Chinese was just their translation and that there wasn't additional info.

Edit: or are you replying to my last comment about cue files and explaining what you've experienced with cue files and the D3?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #126 of 185
When I try both output, Line out have clearly way less amping, wich made me conclude its a true line out in the like of the Ibasso DX90 that we can play with volume as well.

Just update for the third firmware, this time Xduoo really work hard about fixing issues, its appreciate.

I get use to UI and can navigate faster now....likem, from song playing you hold back buton to go to main menu and you can press back again to go to playing music.

Not sure about music playing when you open device, I have another DAP doing that too (Faudio FA1) and really hope it will not became a features in more DAP.....

To be honnest I use less my X3 since I have D3 and its because I find IEM pairing easier and more permissive with bright or analytical earphones, oh....and the battery of my X3 just hold 3-4 hours now.

So does the 3rd FW update help the sd card 3-10seconds delay at all?
(Thanks for the laugh regarding your onn x5 story) lol.... (i have one too)

Feb 28, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #129 of 185
in his review he talks about when you perform a function from a folder on the sd card, but it was after the 2nd FW update...

quote: " especially when using microSD folder. Near every operation about choosing and playing music will take about 3-10 seconds "

I wonder what percentage of issues are perception and which are objective. There ARE problems with the D3 -- CUE files simply do not work, and I cannot get album art to display -- but I do not seem to experience most of the audio related issues reported by others. I am using firmware 1.3 and other than a 1 second quiet period on the very first song, I have had no issues or complaints. This may be my perception and objectively there are delays that others find unacceptable. Or, objectively, the delays are minimal to no-existent but are perceived to be unacceptable.

I am not invalidating anyone's experiences and judgements -- if you subjectively do not like something, then that is your right. Instead I'm curious about whether the units are inconsistent or not and why. As I said, with the exceptions of the art, CUE files, and the 1 second silence of the first song played, I have an overall good impression of the unit. For the price I don't think I could do any better.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #130 of 185
I find about the same issues as @CardinalBlood, nothing I've tried has gotten cue files to work either, lack of gapless playback, album art seems size limited but I'm not sure exactly how small is required to get it to show. I also find that the folder navigation is completely messed up. Each release of firmware seems to be attempting to fix the navigation problem and just makes it worse. But you can always go back to the top level and then burrow down through the folders to get back to what's playing, you just shouldn't have to. Yes there is a bit of lag when navigating because of the low powered processor. I'd guess it would be worse when playing 24 bit audio but I really don't have any other than a few samplers that have music in styles I don't much care for so I rarely listen to what little 24 bit music I own. Perhaps that's where that person saw such big lag but I haven't seen it.

But after the first firmware release fixing the cutting off of the first few seconds of every song no real audio issues. Decent, good sound, no unexpected pop, clicks or silence.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #131 of 185
Hola, me gusta mucho el D3 pero necesito saber si tiene balance en la salida de auriculares para ajustar el volumen de forma independiente en el canal izquierdo y derecho, tengo un problema en un oído y tengo que equilibrar el sonido de forma independiente. Gracias

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #132 of 185
Sorry, because of my mistake I wrote it in Spanish because my English is very bad and it has made me go wrong with Google.
What I wanted to say is that I really like the D3 because of its characteristics and dimensions, but I have a bit of deafness in one ear and to compensate I need to know if it has balance control in the headphone output to be able to adjust the volume independently in each channel.
Thank you very much and sorry again for my mistake.

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #133 of 185
Sorry, because of my mistake I wrote it in Spanish because my English is very bad and it has made me go wrong with Google.
What I wanted to say is that I really like the D3 because of its characteristics and dimensions, but I have a bit of deafness in one ear and to compensate I need to know if it has balance control in the headphone output to be able to adjust the volume independently in each channel.
Thank you very much and sorry again for my mistake.
No, there is no balance control.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #135 of 185
The Hidizs AP60 MKII is almost the exact same size as the Nano D3. But where the D3 feels unfinished to me the AP60 MKII feels like the whole 9 yards. Everything just works. It has all the extra bells and whistles of a midrange product, Bluetooth, OTG, ability to use as a transport or digital decoder from your PC, all the features. And I just checked, looks like there is a $30 off coupon for the $129 player. Only useful with Amazon USA so might not be very helpful for you unfortunately.

The Benjie T6 / AGPtEK Rocker has a balance control, Bluetooth, gapless playback and costs about what a clip+ does, $50-$60. Its not as compact a shape as either the D3 or AP60 MKII but probably has about the same volume because it is taller, not as wide nor as thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back