XDUOO NANO D3 24bit/192Khz DSD256 portable DAP-Info and impressions
Jan 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #106 of 185
I spent some time listening to day, and the noise floor is really high from the headphone port. plugged the headphone into the line out, and the noise was gone. HP port volume around 30 is around 70 from the line out, but it can be used. sounded better actually upon first impressions. but I am disappointed by the noise from the HP port. I may end up returning this player for that reason. going to check it with a couple other HP's. we'll see. anyone else?

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #107 of 185
Call me a bit confused… I always thought an output marked line out means an output unaffected by 'user changes', ie things like volume or EQ. But you're saying that the volume control effects it. Does EQ also? Basically is it just a second headphone output or ??? :confused:
I thought this as well. not sure if EQ effects it. havent found the eq yet. not a real intuitive interface.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #108 of 185
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #109 of 185
I can only seem to get the FW update to work the first time ive extracted it to the D3, if I switch off and then back on again later it slips back into missing first 2 seconds off each tune ... anyone else having this issue?

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #110 of 185
I can only seem to get the FW update to work the first time ive extracted it to the D3, if I switch off and then back on again later it slips back into missing first 2 seconds off each tune ... anyone else having this issue?
Haven't seen that issue. But I am seeing that it does occasionally skip the beginning of a song. Not always, not often even. Perhaps once in 6 to 10 songs. I haven't figured out any key to why a song gets the beginning cut off or not.

I'll go back and listen more carefully, try to figure out exactly what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #111 of 185
Hello, is FW of Nano fixed in terms of gapless?
I have rockboxed X3 and Shanling M1 - both working flawlessly, having gapless and ReplayGain.
Both sound nice, M1 is IMO slightly better due to better bass control and slightly more enhanced trebles.

But both have too short battery life. With D3's 20h it would be amazing. Thus, I am interested in this small new Xduoo. Does it provide gapless and RG?

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #114 of 185
yeah, I'm returning mine.
I was debating myself on whether or not to try myself. But it really does sound nice and the little form factor is nice. I have a few different $20ish models like the Benjie K9 and similar which are at least as small volume wise but their long and thin form factor isn't as pleasing as the D3 to me. In gathering up my music with an eye toward re-ripping in FLAC instead of mp3 I realized that I have quite a few anthology type albums where there are different artists but a single theme. All of these are in my yikes have I even listened to them in the last 10 years I really do want to listen again pile. The D3 would be fine with these. I just need gapless for my more day to day listening choices.

Besides, I'm keeping a slight hope that the new and improved Xduoo attitude towards supporting their new players will end up with firmware with gapless playback. Until then its just a 128gb card with anthology albums :) although no classical music anthologies, those are the work of the devil :rage:

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #115 of 185
this unit is a bugger; i love the sound of it, it's glitches are slightly annoying but i cannot put it down,(i always preferred the xDuoo X2 SQ to the X3 and this sounds like the X2 but more so) it's my favourite DAP soundwise ... as i said previously it makes my music sparkle and i am really enjoying the emphasis it gives to percussion and drums. i'm pairing it with TY HiZ G3 IEMs and ive just ordered some KZ ZS6's so will see how it goes with those.

Second Coming by Stone Roses sounds awesome with the D3 if that means anything to you lot!

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #118 of 185
Hello, is FW of Nano fixed in terms of gapless?
I have rockboxed X3 and Shanling M1 - both working flawlessly, having gapless and ReplayGain.
Both sound nice, M1 is IMO slightly better due to better bass control and slightly more enhanced trebles.

But both have too short battery life. With D3's 20h it would be amazing. Thus, I am interested in this small new Xduoo. Does it provide gapless and RG?

no to gapless or replaygain. i cannot comment on Shanling but to my ears this thing sounds much better than xDuoo X3; YMMV ... i found the X3 to be too smooth, much preferred the SQ of the xDuoo X2 which is what this thing sounds a bit like to my ears. sharp / definition / gobs of detail / sparkley :)

battery life ... not sure about 20 hours but its defo longer running than the X2 & X3 ... maybe 16-18 on full charge

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #119 of 185
I reported using the original firmware that when I'm in file view when I use the back button I'd get the correct list of previous things (first back = list of songs in the folder, second back = list of folders at the same level as the one containing the song I'm playing, etc) but the highlight would be at the first position in the list which could be off the screen compared to where the current choice is.

Well they must have attempted to correct that problem with the V1.2 firmware. Now I get a random list of songs which hasn't yet been from the current artist I'm listening to. Since my music is organized in folders for each artist this means its displaying a completely random set of songs. Even worse back a second time goes all the way to the root of whichever source I'm using, internal memory or SD card. At least it gets that much right.

So about the only plus I've found in the firmware update is that the beginning of songs isn't cut off.

It doesn't seem to even do a supposed new feature of the firmware, playing into the next folder after playing the last song in the current folder.

I'm still trying to get cue files to work. If anyone has gotten them to work please report how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back