Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #1,621 of 1,989
Ta-26s comes with chinese 6sn7 and 6as7, I don't know if changing them will improve sound much, but a couple of replacements are coming for each, so we will see. I ordered new production 6sn7gt's (tad and tung-sol) and NOS Phillips 6080wc and GE 6as7ga jan, can't wait for them to arrive!
I can't speak for the new S variant that has 4.4mm, but for the regular variant, I saw a nice improvement. Subjective of course. Wish I had the balanced version lol, but mine works fine with SE so I won't upgrade. I use some nos military grey glass RCA 6SN7GT (VT231) and an RCA 6AS7G. Got them from Brent over at audiotubes.com
I've noticed everything gets pretty hot. I guess it's normal,is it?
My TA-26 gets pretty hot, its normal for tube amps.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,623 of 1,989
First thing I have noticed is more textured distortion on guitars compared to SS amps I have as well as wider soundstage. Bass is more present and organic too. Detail is a bit less though. All this is to be taken with a grain of salt, as they are from first hours with it and amp has to settle and I have to get used to the new presentation. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised from first contact.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,625 of 1,989
stock tubes is superior TAD 12AU7A . no need any rolling now. not cheap nosounding tubes on latest xduoo dacs. congrats. what other tubes you have try?
You have implied many times, that Xduoo uses Tube Amp Doctor tubes. You are aware that Tube Amp Doctor is a company from Germany and they do not manufacture tubes, right? It would be an extraordinary situation for a Chinese company to use European rebranded tubes, having in mind that China has tube manufacturing factories. Do you have a confirmation either from Xduoo or Tube Amp Doctor that they cooperate?

You have advised members of this forum that there is no need to roll tubes on multiple occasions, however absolute majority of reviewers state that even though the stock tubes are good, there is further improvement of the amps when better tubes are used. What current day tubes have you tried yourself that you so confidently advise against rolling tubes?

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,626 of 1,989
By the way, I'm using my new TA-26s paired with a topping DX3 pro (1st AKM chip version). I also have a fiio K5 pro ESS. Which DAC do you think will have a better sinergy with the amp, I opted for the topping because it's not as analytical as the fiio, am I right or is the contrary preferable? I also did it because I can attenuate output with the topping knowing how many db's, wich comes handy for lower impedance headphones I have but haven't tried yet.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,627 of 1,989
My MT-602 kept producing a slight noise when turning the volume knob. Replacing the entire knob to a new one of the same size solved it perfectly. The reason seemed to be that the knob did not really had grip on the potentiometer!

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #1,628 of 1,989
Please be advised that the TA-26s is not a balanced amp. The 4.4mm pentacon jack is for convenience only so that you don't have to change cables or adaptors. The 4.4mm jack has to be wired so that the L- and R- connections are connected together, the same as the 6.35mm jack is wired. If you have the TA-26, just purchase a 6.35mm to 4.4mm adaptor and you will have the same connection as the TA-26s.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,629 of 1,989
For portable I use a fiio q3 with my senns, so for me is perfect because I don't have to change cables everytime or use one with 4.4 and the other with 6.3 as I did since now. Now I can use HD600 and HD660 indistinctly for desktop and portable use, so convenient indeed! Before I had to rotate them from time to time because implied a cable change,not anymore!

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,630 of 1,989
Ta-26s comes with chinese 6sn7 and 6as7, I don't know if changing them will improve sound much, but a couple of replacements are coming for each, so we will see. I ordered new production 6sn7gt's (tad and tung-sol) and NOS Phillips 6080wc and GE 6as7ga jan, can't wait for them to arrive!

Yep, changing the tube will change the sound (for better or worse, depending on the tube you replace it with).

Please be advised that the TA-26s is not a balanced amp. The 4.4mm pentacon jack is for convenience only so that you don't have to change cables or adaptors. The 4.4mm jack has to be wired so that the L- and R- connections are connected together, the same as the 6.35mm jack is wired. If you have the TA-26, just purchase a 6.35mm to 4.4mm adaptor and you will have the same connection as the TA-26s.

Exactly what I derived into as I was thinking of replacing my non-S version with the S but I looked at the power output and both are the same.

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #1,631 of 1,989
You have implied many times, that Xduoo uses Tube Amp Doctor tubes. You are aware that Tube Amp Doctor is a company from Germany and they do not manufacture tubes, right? It would be an extraordinary situation for a Chinese company to use European rebranded tubes, having in mind that China has tube manufacturing factories. Do you have a confirmation either from Xduoo or Tube Amp Doctor that they cooperate?

You have advised members of this forum that there is no need to roll tubes on multiple occasions, however absolute majority of reviewers state that even though the stock tubes are good, there is further improvement of the amps when better tubes are used. What current day tubes have you tried yourself that you so confidently advise against rolling tubes?
https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/12au7a/ecc82-tad-premium-selected-balanced those tubes has late xduuo dac/amps.they sound as other same tubes 25-40eur and not cheap for 5eur.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #1,632 of 1,989
https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/12au7a/ecc82-tad-premium-selected-balanced those tube has late xduuo dac/amps.they sound as other same tubes 25-40eur and not cheap for 5eur.
You might have missed both of my questions. Has Xduoo or Tube Amp Doctor confirmed you this, because that is very unlikely. Also, I just want to double check: you have Xduoo stock tubes, you have never had Tube Amp Doctor tubes or any other modern tubes and you claim that all modern tubes in the price range of 25-40 Eur sound the same, right?

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,633 of 1,989
You might have missed both of my questions. Has Xduoo or Tube Amp Doctor confirmed you this, because that is very unlikely. Also, I just want to double check: you have Xduoo stock tubes, you have never had Tube Amp Doctor tubes or any other modern tubes and you claim that all modern tubes in the price range of 25-40 Eur sound the same, right?
xduoo now has modern stock tubes. im tried few vintage tubes and return back to xDuoo stock tubes. vintage is foggy sound,made for military or other purposes.

Mar 16, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #1,634 of 1,989
xduoo now has modern stock tubes. im tried few vintage tubes and return back to xDuoo stock tubes. vintage is foggy sound,made for military or other purposes.
You are dodging questions because you know that the answers will lead to one conclusion: you are pulling claims out of thin air without having tried the equipment that you are talking about. You are broadly generalising and spreading misinformation here which is confusing to folks who are genuinely trying to find valid advices from people who have the knowledge about certain equipment. What about RFT tubes? You have posted here how amazing they are, an improvement over stock tubes, even posted a review of the tubes on the site that you have bought them. A few days later you did a 180 and suddenly stock tubes became much better. You say that vintage tubes have foggy sound. That is quite a broad description for all the vintage tubes when you have personally tried 2 pairs of 12au7, don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back