Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 13, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #1,606 of 1,989
I just got mine from Apos. I have used them in the past pretty frequently with no complaints. Things have changed though. Customer service is basically non existent now and you have to just wait for the website for updates as no one there will answer any questions. Having said that, I ordered mine February 27 and received (from China) March 08.
Sorry that I’m a bit late to this, but I fine Apos a good store that reduces the friction between getting the product from the manufacturer to you. They also make customer service easier as well. I think you made a good choice there.

Mar 13, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #1,607 of 1,989
I can hear it from my chair. It is amp to ear something between 2 to 4 feet, based on how I sit and chill.

Basically huming is fine, but shouldn't be recognizable that easy? It is not very loud and it took a while that I cought it, but then it was there.

Can I remove the tubes and power up the device or would that break it? Just to check if the hum is comming from the tubes.
I think that's a bit too much. I don't know about the state of your wires, but that doesn't sound like it's going to last. I had my kids take a listen to my TA-22 and they could barely hear a buzz in a quiet room with their ears inches away from the TA-22.
Things to check:
  • Plug the TA-22 directly into the wall and don't use a power splitter
  • Try another outlet that is on a different circuit breaker.
  • Look for and disconnect heavy power draw devices in your home.
  • Worst case, send it back because it might be the unit.

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #1,608 of 1,989
Initial impressions #3 (the octopus on my table)
I got some interconnects to connect my Hugo2 to the TA-22 and gave a few listens with Fostex TH900 and Hifiman Arya Stealth.
I did a little listen in three ways a) Hugo2 feeding in the Aux of the TA-22, b) Hugo2 directly, c) TA-22 directly
TL;DR, Choose A. (Hugo2 into the TA-22) The Hugo2 brings detail, clarity, and separation as well as microdynamics. The TA-22 brings dynamics to the bass, width and depth to the soundstage, and smooths out the highs. With this configuration, the TH900s (Lawton lv1 upgrade with Lawton pads & stock cable terminated in 4.4mm pentaconn) were absolutely awesome to listen to. They were able to shine in the bass department, as they often do, with greater dynamics than just the Hugo2 by itself, and the tubes brought forward the mid-range that is usually a little scooped, but best of all the TA-22 took a euphonic hammer to the 5.5k that can make TH900's ear-raping machines. The soundstage was dramatically wider and deeper on the TH900s with this setup. Normally they're a pretty intimate set of cans compared to the Arya's and the Aeon 2 Closed; however, they just seemed to soak up all of the positives found from both systems.

TH900s with just the Hugo2 - The soundstage shrinks a bit and the highs become noticeably shaper and fatiguing.

TH900's with just the TA-22 - Compared to the Hugo2, the details fade and it sounds a bit veiled in the mids and smoothed in the highs. The soundstage widens a bit but the lack of precision and clarity seems to fill in the extra space.

The Arya SE
In contrast to the TH900s, the Aryas lose that dynamic punch that the TH900s have, but take in all that detail that the Hugo2 has to offer. The soundstage becomes a little wider and the highs are smoothed over. It's not really what the Aryans are best at.

Conclusion: Who would have thought that the Engagement Machine (TA-22) with a little refinement and some quick maths (Hugo2) would get along so well with a bass cannon (TH900)? They synergize beautifully and are much more fun to listen to than the Arya SE in this setup. I think this is the sound that people are referring to when they smile talking about TH900s. So now that that's happened, I have all these wires all over my desk because the Hugo2 has ports everywhere and is upside down because the source needs to be more accessible than the volume marble thingie. So, now I have an octopus on my desk.

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #1,610 of 1,989
Initial impressions #3 (the octopus on my table)
I got some interconnects to connect my Hugo2 to the TA-22 and gave a few listens with Fostex TH900 and Hifiman Arya Stealth.
I did a little listen in three ways a) Hugo2 feeding in the Aux of the TA-22, b) Hugo2 directly, c) TA-22 directly
TL;DR, Choose A. (Hugo2 into the TA-22) The Hugo2 brings detail, clarity, and separation as well as microdynamics. The TA-22 brings dynamics to the bass, width and depth to the soundstage, and smooths out the highs. With this configuration, the TH900s (Lawton lv1 upgrade with Lawton pads & stock cable terminated in 4.4mm pentaconn) were absolutely awesome to listen to. They were able to shine in the bass department, as they often do, with greater dynamics than just the Hugo2 by itself, and the tubes brought forward the mid-range that is usually a little scooped, but best of all the TA-22 took a euphonic hammer to the 5.5k that can make TH900's ear-raping machines. The soundstage was dramatically wider and deeper on the TH900s with this setup. Normally they're a pretty intimate set of cans compared to the Arya's and the Aeon 2 Closed; however, they just seemed to soak up all of the positives found from both systems.

TH900s with just the Hugo2 - The soundstage shrinks a bit and the highs become noticeably shaper and fatiguing.

TH900's with just the TA-22 - Compared to the Hugo2, the details fade and it sounds a bit veiled in the mids and smoothed in the highs. The soundstage widens a bit but the lack of precision and clarity seems to fill in the extra space.

The Arya SE
In contrast to the TH900s, the Aryas lose that dynamic punch that the TH900s have, but take in all that detail that the Hugo2 has to offer. The soundstage becomes a little wider and the highs are smoothed over. It's not really what the Aryans are best at.

Conclusion: Who would have thought that the Engagement Machine (TA-22) with a little refinement and some quick maths (Hugo2) would get along so well with a bass cannon (TH900)? They synergize beautifully and are much more fun to listen to than the Arya SE in this setup. I think this is the sound that people are referring to when they smile talking about TH900s. So now that that's happened, I have all these wires all over my desk because the Hugo2 has ports everywhere and is upside down because the source needs to be more accessible than the volume marble thingie. So, now I have an octopus on my desk.
ta-22 is perfect factory tuned neutral sounding dac. rolling headphones you get different sound. month like focal bathys+ta-22.but want bigger soundstage,more details,3D sound,vocals,instruments separation -for this doing even new out of the box - focal stellia +ta-22. It is end game ,no need any tubes rolling and other "games":ksc75smile:

Attachments

• 7E64135C-28A1-46DD-86E8-171FFF77988C.jpeg
    7E64135C-28A1-46DD-86E8-171FFF77988C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,611 of 1,989
I identified one thing. If I put my hand on the left top of the device the hum is drastically reduced. If I raise my hand again the hum is back. I can also feel a soft vibration. Is there anything I can do here?

Mar 13, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #1,612 of 1,989
I identified one thing. If I put my hand on the left top of the device the hum is drastically reduced. If I raise my hand again the hum is back. I can also feel a soft vibration. Is there anything I can do here?
You have a ground fault issue. Does this happen with everything else disconnected from the unit? If so, you either have a problem with your power mains, or the unit itself is defective.

Mar 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,615 of 1,989
Ta-26 s received a few hours ago. Burn-in in process listening with HD-600 from balanced output. If things are going to be much better that what I'm already hearing with stock tubes and just 2 hours on them, all I can say for the moment is that this is an absolute bargain for the price!

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,617 of 1,989
Ta-26 s received a few hours ago. Burn-in in process listening with HD-600 from balanced output. If things are going to be much better that what I'm already hearing with stock tubes and just 2 hours on them, all I can say for the moment is that this is an absolute bargain for the price!
stock tubes is superior TAD 12AU7A . no need any rolling now. not cheap nosounding tubes on latest xduoo dacs. congrats. what other tubes you have try?

Mar 15, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #1,619 of 1,989
stock tubes is superior TAD 12AU7A . no need any rolling now. not cheap nosounding tubes on latest xduoo dacs. congrats. what other tubes you have try?
Ta-26s comes with chinese 6sn7 and 6as7, I don't know if changing them will improve sound much, but a couple of replacements are coming for each, so we will see. I ordered new production 6sn7gt's (tad and tung-sol) and NOS Phillips 6080wc and GE 6as7ga jan, can't wait for them to arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back