Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 11, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #1,592 of 1,987
Thanks, then yours is also huming even only if it is plugged in and power on, right?

How it is sounding with focal? It seems Hifiman is a good Match on my side.
Is it noticeable through headphones?

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,595 of 1,987
Thanks, then yours is also huming even only if it is plugged in and power on, right?
How loud is it? If gou can hear it with your ear more than one foot away, I would say that is not normal. I don’t have a TA22, but no amp should hum that loudly.

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,596 of 1,987
I can hear it from my chair. It is amp to ear something between 2 to 4 feet, based on how I sit and chill.

Basically huming is fine, but shouldn't be recognizable that easy? It is not very loud and it took a while that I cought it, but then it was there.

Can I remove the tubes and power up the device or would that break it? Just to check if the hum is comming from the tubes.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #1,597 of 1,987
I can hear it from my chair. It is amp to ear something between 2 to 4 feet, based on how I sit and chill.

Basically huming is fine, but shouldn't be recognizable that easy? It is not very loud and it took a while that I cought it, but then it was there.

Can I remove the tubes and power up the device or would that break it? Just to check if the hum is comming from the tubes.
You can remove the tubes (with the power Off) - then power On and listen for the hum. No harm.

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #1,598 of 1,987
During the weekend I am sadly maybe not able to test more, but at least on monday I will test and during the next week compare it to the Burson C3XR.

What I can tell from now, the headphone noise floor is more silent compared to the Burson. But both noise floors are only hearable with no music or sound playing and with high concentration. Even then I need to cover the cups with my hands. For closed headphones or IEMs it could be louder but in my opinion only without playing any sound.

Soundwise the XDuoo is lacking in details expecially in the highs, the sparkle is gone but there is more warmth and body in the middle-lows and lows. The middles seem to be as present on both Amps. But keep in mind I heard the XDuoo only for something like 3 hours. Will keep you up. But still not sure if the Burson is worth its price.

I think the TA-22 is a no brainer if a little tube-sound is what you look for.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #1,599 of 1,987
During the weekend I am sadly maybe not able to test more, but at least on monday I will test and during the next week compare it to the Burson C3XR.

What I can tell from now, the headphone noise floor is more silent compared to the Burson. But both noise floors are only hearable with no music or sound playing and with high concentration. Even then I need to cover the cups with my hands. For closed headphones or IEMs it could be louder but in my opinion only without playing any sound.

Soundwise the XDuoo is lacking in details expecially in the highs, the sparkle is gone but there is more warmth and body in the middle-lows and lows. The middles seem to be as present on both Amps. But keep in mind I heard the XDuoo only for something like 3 hours. Will keep you up. But still not sure if the Burson is worth its price.

my ta-22 completly silent,no any noise.i dont know what noise you mean.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,600 of 1,987

Does your electrical network have good, clean grounding?
Here my TA22 is zero noise, but my electrical network is exclusive for separate audio from the rest of the house. :)

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #1,601 of 1,987
my ta-22 completly silent,no any noise.i dont know what noise you mean.
And you’re the same guy who said a few posts ago that the noise was “normal” and all electronics with transformers make noise. (Wrong.)

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #1,603 of 1,987
And you’re the same guy who said a few posts ago that the noise was “normal” and all electronics with transformers make noise. (Wrong.)
electric transformators making noise,but from ta-22 it difficult to hear. outdoor high voltage transformators is loud and we hear them noise from few or hundred meters. is your ta-22 is noise,then somsethink is wrong. understand?

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,605 of 1,987

Diminishing returns are tough. Are you able to try the ta-22 with the Burson’s DAC or vice versa? Not that one source is better, but I think that might even the playing field a bit more too. I’ve been going back and forth with the ta-22 and lyr+. I don’t need the lyr+’s power, but I do have a bifrost 2 and more often than not use it as a source. I really should hold out for the ta-20plus, but the ta-22 is tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back