Xduoo Amplifiers
Jan 3, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #886 of 2,008
It is going to depend the most on what impedance headphones you have. If you have 60 ohm and under headphones then the TA-26 isn't a good match, literally :)

The TA-20 does great on up through 300 ohm, and adequately at 600 ohm, but the TA-26 has a bit of an edge at 600 ohm, for any genre.

I don't listen to metal though, so I cannot give you any specific comparisons... perhaps someone else that is a fan of metal can help you?
PS @cirodts - song/album links, youtube/Tidal or the full name of the song/title/band, I will compare them on the TA-20 and TA-26 :beerchug:
thanks, that's why the dt 880 600 hom sounded better on the ta-26 than the ta-20, so a dt 880 250 hom will do well on the ta-20.

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #887 of 2,008
thanks, that's why the dt 880 600 hom sounded better on the ta-26 than the ta-20, so a dt 880 250 hom will do well on the ta-20.
Actually, a 250ohm headphone should do great on the TA-26, but I haven't tried my 120/250/300 ohm headphones on the TA-26 yet, I'm taking it slowly.

And, yes the TA-20 does a great job with 250 ohm headphones too :)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #889 of 2,008
I would like to buy a hifiman ananda to match the xduoo ta-20, is it a good match in your opinion for a rock listening?
I certainly enjoy the Ananda on the TA-20, and I listen to Rock, and I have really enjoyed it. And, I listen to a wide range of music and enjoy it on the Ananda.

Moon-Audio thinks the Ananda is to be recommended for Rock and Metal, along with other Hifiman headphones:
https://www.moon-audio.com/best-headphones-for-rock-and-metal-

I was surprised to find Moon-Audio don't include the Ananda in other music categories, but instead recommend the more expensive Arya...

I have enjoyed listening to the Ananda on the TA-26 - even though the Ananda should be too low in impedance @ 25 ohm's - 33.2 ohm's measured. Ananda is also very sensitive at 109.2 dB/V SPL - I think that plays into making the Ananda very listenable on the TA-26 which isn't recommended for headphones under 60 ohms.

Side by side I prefer listening to the Ananda on the TA-20, as on the TA-26 the Ananda doesn't get as loud as on the TA-20.

I would rather recommend Sennheiser headphones, or Beyerdynamic headphones with mid-range impedance because those lines of headphones were what I have listened to Rock on most of my life.

If you already have those headphones and want to experience something different, then I think the Ananda is a great choice :)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #890 of 2,008
the bayers and sennheisers did not please me much because they are not engaging, I much prefer the fidelio x2hr headphones which have a very strong impact on rock.
I remember ananda with topping a90 a very clean and wide sound but unfortunately it was not as full-bodied and full as I hoped, on the ta-20 you find the ananda a little warm and full?
thank you.

Jan 3, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #891 of 2,008
the bayers and sennheisers did not please me much because they are not engaging, I much prefer the fidelio x2hr headphones which have a very strong impact on rock.
I remember ananda with topping a90 a very clean and wide sound but unfortunately it was not as full-bodied and full as I hoped, on the ta-20 you find the ananda a little warm and full?
thank you.
Well, I wouldn't call the Ananda, "warm" and full, but I think "detailed" and engaging would be fair. :)

There are no perfect headphones that I have ever heard, only more open and engaging, and the Ananda is a definate upgrade for me.

The Hifiman Sundara or the new Hifiman Edition Xs might be another good choice, I haven't heard them but the reports I've heard are good.

I've also heard the Arya are a good uprade to the Ananda, as is of course is the Susvara.

The Ananda also has that long tall fitting oddity. I am 6'2", and have a large / tall head, so for me the Ananda fits perfectly and is very comfortable for many hours of enjoyable listening, but others have said the Ananda is a bit too big for them.

The Sundara might be a good choice if the Ananda isn't a good fit, as the Xs and Susvara are also best fitting for a long / tall head.

For me the Ananda is a good fit, and a nice upgrade, and along with the HE6SE V2 have been very enjoyable on the TA-20.

I also enjoy the new HD660s on the TA-20, and I really like the long time Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic sound - I also enjoyed the new Beyerdynamic Amiron Copper Wireless, so maybe my favorite headphones won't match yours?

It is all very personal, and I think very dependent on what equipment we use to drive them, as well as what music we enjoy listening to, many many variables go into whether a headphone will "click" or not...all we can do is listen and enjoy the uniqueness of each headphone. :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #892 of 2,008
I am thinking about pairing this amp with the Audio Technica WP900 (38 ohms) for my work desktop. Foolishness or possible? I am not certain about whether or not this amp sounds as good close to 8 ohms as it does several hundred ohms.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #893 of 2,008
I am thinking about pairing this amp with the Audio Technica WP900 (38 ohms) for my work desktop. Foolishness or possible? I am not certain about whether or not this amp sounds as good close to 8 ohms as it does several hundred ohms.
If you are thinking of the Xduoo TA-20 then yes it is a good match, as the TA-20 supports 8ohm to 600ohm. And, the WP900's 100 dB/mW sensitivity should help too.

The Xduoo TA-26 is a tube only AMP and the design supports 60 ohms to 600 ohms, so it would not be a good fit - theoretically - with a 38 ohm headphone, but here I am enjoying the sound of the TA-26 on my 25-33 ohm Ananda's, where Hifiman's listed 103 dB/mW sensitivity helps it perform well on the TA-26.

So IDK what to say, by specs the TA-26 wouldn't work, but it will likely depend on the headphone - and how it interacts with the TA-26 in real life.

Also the TA-26 handles 600 ohm with more punch than the TA-20, even though both list 600 ohm support.

With the TA-20 I can run the full output of my Topping D90 4v XLR into the TA-20 with all of my headphones, Xduoo lists maximum input voltage as 8v, but the TA-26 Volume control seems a bit over sensitive in that it has a very small volume "range" on the dial if I run the full RCA input from the D90. Especially with my Sennheiser 660s, it helps to attenuate the D90 output from -12dB to -20dB to get more travel on the TA-26 volume control.
I hope you were talking to me, asking about the TA-20/TA-26 :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #894 of 2,008
between ta-20 and ta-26 which do you feel has the most impact for a rock metal listening?
Ok, so I found some "Metal", and there seems to be a lot of "SHOUTING!!". :)

Best of Metal 2021 - Tidal
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/2af6731f-36e0-4f01-acbb-415252aa35f1

And, for the TA-26, I swapped in one of the new tubes - a 6N8P replacement, the Sylvania VT-231 6SN7GT (Late 1940's) measuring 110%/110% Lifetime, and "Wow!", that made a huge improvement!

My first thought was, that really added some "impact", and that reminded me of your question, find Metal, and...

Now the TA-26 is solidly rocking Metal! The Guitar licks, and Growling, are winning me over... :)

Now it is an even tougher call. The TA-20, using Mullard E180CC NOS tubes, was in the lead with more detail and impact, and now the TA-26, using the Sylvania VT-231, has added impact + detail and lost the "sharp edges" that were due to the stock tube.

The "G.E. 6AS7GA" replacement for the stock 6N5P is arriving in a few days, hopefully that will kick things up another notch :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #895 of 2,008
If you are thinking of the Xduoo TA-20 then yes it is a good match, as the TA-20 supports 8ohm to 600ohm. And, the WP900's 100 dB/mW sensitivity should help too.

The Xduoo TA-26 is a tube only AMP and the design supports 60 ohms to 600 ohms, so it would not be a good fit - theoretically - with a 38 ohm headphone, but here I am enjoying the sound of the TA-26 on my 25-33 ohm Ananda's, where Hifiman's listed 103 dB/mW sensitivity helps it perform well on the TA-26.

So IDK what to say, by specs the TA-26 wouldn't work, but it will likely depend on the headphone - and how it interacts with the TA-26 in real life.

Also the TA-26 handles 600 ohm with more punch than the TA-20, even though both list 600 ohm support.

With the TA-20 I can run the full output of my Topping D90 4v XLR into the TA-20 with all of my headphones, Xduoo lists maximum input voltage as 8v, but the TA-26 Volume control seems a bit over sensitive in that it has a very small volume "range" on the dial if I run the full RCA input from the D90. Especially with my Sennheiser 660s, it helps to attenuate the D90 output from -12dB to -20dB to get more travel on the TA-26 volume control.
I hope you were talking to me, asking about the TA-20/TA-26 :beerchug:
Yes. The TA-20 is what I would like to try. I plan to connect it to my Ibasso DX160's line out and hope for the best. Thank you!

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #896 of 2,008
Joining the club :L3000:
20220107_151133050_iOS (2).jpg

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #897 of 2,008
Privet!:v:
Can sombody help - I use TA-26 with Cambridge Audio DacmagicPlus DAC and Takstar HF580 headphones with my PC as a sourse – so i hear sound distortions in high-mid and especially in high volume. Is this normal for such setup? (also i use ibasso dx 80 as a sourse and there are no sound distortions)

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #898 of 2,008
Privet!:v:
Can sombody help - I use TA-26 with Cambridge Audio DacmagicPlus DAC and Takstar HF580 headphones with my PC as a sourse – so i hear sound distortions in high-mid and especially in high volume. Is this normal for such setup? (also i use ibasso dx 80 as a sourse and there are no sound distortions)
How works you describe the "distortion"? Is it crackly, fuzzy, garbled, clipped?

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #899 of 2,008
I have a TA-26 with Cambridge DacMagic 200M and Senn HD 650 (Drop version) and no distortion. Tube amps are normaly regarded as a not so good match with low impedance phones, and specially with planar. Do you have any dynamic driver phones to test? Or a higher impedance ones?

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #900 of 2,008
How works you describe the "distortion"? Is it crackly, fuzzy, garbled, clipped?
Clipped

I have a TA-26 with Cambridge DacMagic 200M and Senn HD 650 (Drop version) and no distortion. Tube amps are normaly regarded as a not so good match with low impedance phones, and specially with planar. Do you have any dynamic driver phones to test? Or a higher impedance ones?
Only "kz dq6" - i will try it tommorow

So as i said - i almost dont hear those distrotion (clipped ) when i use ibasso dx 80 as a sourse(only in very high volume)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back