XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Nov 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #168 of 1,196
Quote:
Got lucky and was able to reserved one pair of XBA-3 for $119.
biggrin.gif
. Thanks guys for the contagious praises.

Look forward to see what you have to say after a good sitdown..

I have mines hooked up to my little Bravo amp connected to my Z1060. This sounds so damn good to my ears right now. What can I say. I am Uber fan of the XBA-3. Metallic mids n all.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #169 of 1,196
signed up just to post in this thread.

recently moved from SE215's to HA-FXT90's and have been burning in my 90's for a few weeks now however I was able to jump on the 119 sale and I gotta say I think I'm gonna return the 90's keep the XBA-3's and complement them with the fxz100's in a couple months :)

just an FYI if it's sold out at futureshop the sony store has dropped their price to 119 as well.

oh yeah if anyone in abbostford or the surrounding area wants a pair I have them on hold there (abbotsford futureshop) til monday the latest. PM me and you can use my info.  Like I said I found a pair at my local sony store so didn't have to drive all the way out to the burbs lol

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #170 of 1,196
Quote:
signed up just to post in this thread.

recently moved from SE215's to HA-FXT90's and have been burning in my 90's for a few weeks now however I was able to jump on the 119 sale and I gotta say I think I'm gonna return the 90's keep the XBA-3's and complement them with the fxz100's in a couple months :)

It's nice that you don't really need to burn in the xba3's - they just sound great out of the box (although they might get better with a few days of burn in).

I'm not sure what the tips are like on the FXT90's, but dsnuts really likes the xba3 sound when using the fx40's wider bore tips. And I really like the sound with the wider bore tips that I found also.

Quote:

just an FYI if it's sold out at futureshop the sony store has dropped their price to 119 as well.

oh yeah if anyone in abbostford or the surrounding area wants a pair I have them on hold there (abbotsford futureshop) til monday the latest. PM me and you can use my info.  Like I said I found a pair at my local sony store so didn't have to drive all the way out to the burbs lol

Good to know about the Sony store. I'd help ericp10 out if there was a Sony store around my neck of the woods. Btw, I checked on the online sony store, and they are asking $299 for the xba3. I like $119 quite a bit better lol!

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #171 of 1,196
Quote:
Good to know about the Sony store. I'd help ericp10 out if there was a Sony store around my neck of the woods. Btw, I checked on the online sony store, and they are asking $299 for the xba3. I like $119 quite a bit better lol!

Aren't you in Vancouver? There's a Sony Store near Broadway I think, as well as in Richmond (RC is like minutes away with the Skytrain). I know lots have gotten prices matched with the Future Shop sale price as well.

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #173 of 1,196
Quote:
Aren't you in Vancouver? There's a Sony Store near Broadway I think, as well as in Richmond (RC is like minutes away with the Skytrain). I know lots have gotten prices matched with the Future Shop sale price as well.

No, I used to live in Vancouver. Moved a few years ago to the island. Should change my profile obviously! (edit: changed!)

Nov 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #175 of 1,196
Quote:

No, I used to live in Vancouver. Moved a few years ago to the island. Should change my profile obviously! (edit: changed!)

what the?
whereabouts? North or south island?

hmm gonna take a wild guess I say Nanaimo area.

I changed my profile as soon as I materialized from Cygnus-a. Gotta keep on top of that stuff.

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #177 of 1,196
Yep these are great, especially for the Future Shop price :) . Had a bit of trouble getting a good seal, but once you do - epic.

Downside is, the wife comes home tonight, and spots these in my ears while I`m on the comp - ``oh you got new earphones again eh`` me ah no, th:ese are old ones, had them before...thought I pulled it off...guess not...

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #180 of 1,196
Quote:
Yep these are great, especially for the Future Shop price
smily_headphones1.gif
. Had a bit of trouble getting a good seal, but once you do - epic.

Epic - I like that. Xba3 + good seal + wide bore tips = epic. Yup!

Quote:
Downside is, the wife comes home tonight, and spots these in my ears while I`m on the comp - ``oh you got new earphones again eh`` me ah no, th:ese are old ones, had them before...thought I pulled it off...guess not...

Ha ha - nice try! If I had a wife, these last few months of headphone/iem addiction definitely would not have been relationship building lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back